Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lean towards a June opening. If they open in two weeks, they might as well hang signs in front of each park/resort "Welcome Foolish Mortals".
You have people thinking it’s my choice and whether I want to take the risk. Unfortunately, it’s this type of selfish thinking that we are in this mess.. it’s not your risk.. by thinking this way, you put others, especially the elderly and other high risk individuals, at risk. One reason government has to impose restrictions to prevent people with this type of thinking from harming others... if people who will go to Disney no matter the situation because they have no self control, then you have to force them by closing down Disney.

And when Disney, beaches, etc. open this year after the curve flattens, it will be these selfish people that will help the curve spike again like a wave (Hong Kong and Japan) and government will have to close down Disney, beaches, etc. again due to people not being able to have self control.

Last edited:
Yeah I think Parks opening in June is what they going for now. I have been thinking that a while now.

I do think we could see Disney Springs open by Memorial Day.

But when I said yesterday it would be months, you quoted me and said it would be sooner than I thought right? No matter as this is devastating to Orlando regardless.

Yeah I think Parks opening in June is what they going for now. I have been thinking that a while now.

I do think we could see Disney Springs open by Memorial Day.

I agree, Mid to late June For the parks is really the best case scenerio if everything’s goes right, peaks when expected, no new peaks start appearing, and some anti viral treatments show some promise. Here’s hoping but as we see A LOT can change in a month

But when I said yesterday it would be months, you quoted me and said it would be sooner than I thought right? No matter as this is devastating to Orlando regardless.

I have always said mid to late May/June. Look back at all my posts. I have been saying that since day 1. If that's what you meant when you said that, I am sorry I misunderstood.

I do thing local business in Orlando area will open BEFORE Disney.

I have always said mid to late May/June. Look back at all my posts. I have been saying that since day 1. If that's what you meant when you said that, I am sorry I misunderstood.

I do thing local business in Orlando area will open BEFORE Disney.
I agree! And when Disney finally is given the green light to open, it will be with limited staff, hours and occupancy. That’s my prediction, anyways!

Not sure if the website is being wonky or may be a predictor. I put in various dates in May including my already booked dates of May 29-June 6th. Every date I put in to book a stay in May comes up with no rooms available, but when I search using June 1st and forward...room availability appear. Hmmm :idea: I may be rebooking my trip soon.

Not sure if the website is being wonky or may be a predictor. I put in various dates in May including my already booked dates of May 29-June 6th. Every date I put in to book a stay in May comes up with no rooms available, but when I search using June 1st and forward...room availability appear. Hmmm :idea: I may be rebooking my trip soon.
Just noticed the same thing and came on here.

Totally selfish of me to think this way, but an 11 week shutdown would be just enough to get us another Spring Break before AP expiration.

There was definitely availability yesterday morning when I was looking to see if I could rebook for a lower rate. So if everything is showing booked now (and it's not a glitch) then that's new.

According to this website from Washington University, the peak for this virus in Florida is May 14th. If that is true, I don't see a June 1 opening. Not sure if that takes in account all the northerners running down south to escape this virus right now. Weird times we live in right now.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/proj...siE2q-rVG4X7NGRRMe8pnVUsA58nIZ-a1_IvYWEqwICac
That falls in line with what docs here have been saying for 2 weeks. Mid may peak. 3 weeks of peak puts any opening into late June early july

According to this website from Washington University, the peak for this virus in Florida is May 14th. If that is true, I don't see a June 1 opening. Not sure if that takes in account all the northerners running down south to escape this virus right now. Weird times we live in right now.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/proj...siE2q-rVG4X7NGRRMe8pnVUsA58nIZ-a1_IvYWEqwICac
Yeah. I’m not sure how far past peak things need to go before large gatherings like WDW would be safe, but the data on that site looks like end of July until everything closer to over, so I could imagine it could be as late as that.

Hitting the peak number of infections, you are still looking at a leveling off period - then a period of declining numbers before any actions can be taken confidently as to a re opening date.
Agree on this totally. It looks like today Florida went from the mid-2000s to the 4000s. While it looks like more testing done, I think and cannot imagine Disney or Florida allowing them to open until you see a consistent decrease in positive tests. Nearly Doubling in one day is a far cry from this. So the models saying end of July makes a lot of sense. Of course, if people with no self control keep going out, incorrectly saying it’s their risk, and infecting others keeps going on, this flattening and decreasing of the curve for positives will take that much longer.

Yeah. I’m not sure how far past peak things need to go before large gatherings like WDW would be safe, but the data on that site looks like end of July until everything closer to over, so I could imagine it could be as late as that.

If we are taking that model and that model only, we will probably see the smaller type business opening as the decline happens middle of May beginning of June. Disney probably limited things being open june to middle of June. Disney really ramping things up for 4th of july weekend.

Well.. this is on the disney website..

Eligible guests can take advantage of a vacation package offer that includes accommodations at a select Disney Resort hotel, park admission and a Disney dining plan – valid for arrivals most nights June 1 through September 30, 2020 when you book through May 31, 2020.

This offer is valid only for Guests who booked a vacation package or room reservation to stay at a Disney Resort hotel from March 16 through May 31, 2020 (even if the park opens before then). The offer not valid for reservations cancelled before March 1, 2020.

Call the Disney Reservation Center today to learn more about his offer, check availability and book.

If we are taking that model and that model only, we will probably see the smaller type business opening as the decline happens middle of May beginning of June. Disney probably limited things being open june to middle of June. Disney really ramping things up for 4th of july weekend.
This timeline would be awesome! 🤞

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter