Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course Disney is going to market June dates, why not, it is only thing they can do right now, it is easy to cancel the trips once the rolling 7-day cancellations get close to that time. The marketing is not a indicator of when they think they will be open.

Kirk Herbstreit top ESPN football announcer/Disney employee and is on the board of a major hospital, said just yesterday, he doesn't think there will be football in the fall, both NFL and NCAA without a vaccine. If that holds true no way the parks will be open in June

And really, their marketing has involved a few ads and emails...that's about the cheapest marketing campaign ever. And it gets deposits back in their hands for a few months of cash flow while they keep seeing where the world goes...

I don’t see how Disney can cost effectively do a limited park opening. They have already sold tickets to these days. They can’t just go and get more revenue from tickets they already sold. Plus the kind of experience people are talking about would require more cast members than they have ever employed to disinfect constantly and to make sure guest practice proper social distancing.

My guess is when WDW does finally reopen it won’t be that much different than it was before. They might limit capacity some at first to limit problems with restarting, but it won’t be limited to the degree people are suggesting.

I want to agree, but don't know if a private company like Disney has the right to take your temperature as a condition for entry? :confused3

It's private property. They can set rules, for the most part, for entry. It's like they can require you to allow them to search your bags. Concerts, arenas, and airports to pat downs. Many businesses have rules about carrying hand guns. Taking your temp doesn't really violate your rights as you can choose to not enter their property.

But I don't think they ever take a customer's temperature unless its a "probably cause" scenario. Employees would be more likely to undergo temp checks.

Yeah taking your temperature is pretty much worthless with all of the asymptomatic carrier. Without having a vaccine or a way to see if you are immune, Disney will be hit with lawsuits or mandatory closure by the CDC when people get sick there, and they will!! If we have a vaccine or a way to tell you are immune, then it is buyer beware. You know the risks and you are choosing to take them. The CDC still might close them down if there is a spike, but they would have some protection from lawsuit.

I want to see the lawyer who tries tp prove you got sick at Disney with the incubation period that this thing has. Unless an employee coughs directly on you with witnesses, theres no way you have a case.

Yeah taking your temperature is pretty much worthless with all of the asymptomatic carrier. Without having a vaccine or a way to see if you are immune, Disney will be hit with lawsuits or mandatory closure by the CDC when people get sick there, and they will!! If we have a vaccine or a way to tell you are immune, then it is buyer beware. You know the risks and you are choosing to take them. The CDC still might close them down if there is a spike, but they would have some protection from lawsuit.

Yep, taking a temperature is meaningless. They only test that could protect guests and cast members will likely never exist (100% immunity) for a quick turnaround at park's entrance.

Yep, taking a temperature is meaningless. They only test that could protect guests and cast members will likely never exist (100% immunity) for a quick turnaround at park's entrance.
If they do a temp check or anything like that it will be for show so people think they are safe. This is not a slam on Disney, but businesses in general. Perception that they are doing something

Last edited:
Prior to this whole crisis I had June 7th to June 19th planned... IF they open on June 1st, I don't even know if the borders will be reopened and if it will be safe to drive down. I'm sure ain't flying this time around.

I think when disney world opens this year it will almost only be people from USA. I get the feeling here in Australia even when they start lifting restrictions locally overseas travel won't be one of them. Until the virus has gone through all countries overseas travel restrictions will remain

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter