Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
most models having us peak by mid April.Start resuming through May has really always been probable.
That might be case in new york. But other area have only just starting to get cases. It's a long process from getting it, showing sympton, being sick, needing hospital, needing ventilator, dieing. Plus the spread takes even longer. Areas that could be in trouble mid may might not even have a problem at this time

That might be case in new york. But other area have only just starting to get cases. It's a long process from getting it, showing sympton, being sick, needing hospital, needing ventilator, dieing. Plus the spread takes even longer. Areas that could be in trouble mid may might not even have a problem at this time

I get that , but that is part of this whole process is so that other areas don't really get a peak or if they do get some its fully manageable.

Each area will struggle unless you can move staff and equipment quickly to new area. Every area only has just enough equipment for normal expected injuries and illness. So even if a rural area gets a few 100 from this virus it will overwhelm them

Serious question.. where you live, would you say that the stay at home, self isolate, shelter in place or quarantine is being practiced & to what degree?

I ask because without full compliance to the order, the chance of controlling the spread is minimal at best.

If the numbers are to be kept in check to give the medical system a fighting chance to save lives.. everyone must understand that the spread is inevitable and do their part.

In Australia we are down to only 2 people outside of household members can meet in public. Only allowed to leave home for food, medical, exercise and work if unable to work from home, school/child care . Fines are been given out for people breaking rules. Anyone arriving from overseas now is taken straight to hotels and are stuck in the room for 14 days. We went from just keep 1.5m away 2 weeks ago to those rules pretty quick as people still went to pubs and restaurants. Then when they shutdown they went to beaches and parks. Then house parties. Some states are putting restrictions on top of that. They say Australian growth rate is now around 10% and total figure doubling every 7 days at moment

I don't think Disney would make a marketing effort to those who have already had trips cancelled by Corona unless they think there is a good chance the parks will be open 6/1.

Yeah...not like they just started marketing discounts for Disneyland that started in April, even though they won't be open in April....

Serious question.. where you live, would you say that the stay at home, self isolate, shelter in place or quarantine is being practiced & to what degree?
I live in Oklahoma and we have a shelter-in-place order right now. I have a job where I still need to go into work a few times a week, and while traffic is much lower than it was two weeks ago, there are still a lot of cars on the road and the parking lot of practically every store that is still open I pass is pretty full. The local parks appear to be busy too. So while I assume that many are taking efforts to self-isolate seriously, a lot of people aren't.

There are 5 of us living in this house right now: myself, dh, dd20, ds13, dd11. We're all home, all day, everyday. Dh has been working from home for 1 1/2 weeks now after his employer mandated that all employees work from home except a couple who are truly needed at the office. Dd20 has been home since spring break and her college will be finishing the year via online coursework. My other two are homeschooled. The last time I went to a store was this past Monday (a week ago now). At the time, I could tell traffic was way lower and the grocery store was also not terribly busy. Since then, our governor has closed even more businesses, so I'm just going to have to assume even fewer people are out and about. In my small circle, YES it is being practiced very carefully. In the broader sense I can't be completely sure, but I get the feeling that the vast majority of our population is taking this seriously. There will always be a few who think it doesn't apply to them.

I live in Oklahoma and we have a shelter-in-place order right now. I have a job where I still need to go into work a few times a week, and while traffic is much lower than it was two weeks ago, there are still a lot of cars on the road and the parking lot of practically every store that is still open I pass is pretty full. The local parks appear to be busy too. So while I assume that many are taking efforts to self-isolate seriously, a lot of people aren't.

Thanks for the honest reply. I’m in a suburb of Toronto and things here have become eerily quiet over the last 2 weeks. There are those who are out, but mainly to get groceries or stop at the pharmacy. Pretty much everything else (except essential service providers) has been ordered closed. Our numbers here in Canada are low in comparison to other countries - but for how long. We hope that we are doing enough to flatten the curve. We are kept well informed by all levels of government and when necessary they take necessary actions to safeguard the vulnerable and those who are healthy to help keep us that way. Being housebound is not fun - but the alternative is just to awful to think of.

Here’s hoping that the predictions are not met and that the numbers we heard today - are an overstatement..

New Brunswick, Canada. They've closed all borders, even between provinces, and all non essential travel is banned. Anyone entering the province from anywhere outside of NB must legally quarantine for 14 days. Anyone caught not doing so is facing fines and/or jail time. All entrances into the province are manned. All non essential businesses are shut down, and schools are closed for the rest of the school year. We are to stay home except for necessities. NO visiting anybody, unless a necessity. Anyone caught not complying with this may also face fines etc... Thus far, we are allowed to go outside for walks, but most, if not all, parks (including municipal playgrounds etc..) are closed. Snowmobiling season was officially shut down early. We haven't left our home except for walks in two weeks, and we're in a really rural area, so it's hard to say for sure... I know where we live there's a noticeable decrease in traffic and not many people out. But I see reports from nearby towns that grocery stores are still packed and there's still a lot of traffic going around. So...hard to say.

New Brunswick, Canada. They've closed all borders, even between provinces, and all non essential travel is banned. Anyone entering the province from anywhere outside of NB must legally quarantine for 14 days. Anyone caught not doing so is facing fines and/or jail time. All entrances into the province are manned. All non essential businesses are shut down, and schools are closed for the rest of the school year. We are to stay home except for necessities. NO visiting anybody, unless a necessity. Anyone caught not complying with this may also face fines etc... Thus far, we are allowed to go outside for walks, but most, if not all, parks (including municipal playgrounds etc..) are closed. Snowmobiling season was officially shut down early. We haven't left our home except for walks in two weeks, and we're in a really rural area, so it's hard to say for sure... I know where we live there's a noticeable decrease in traffic and not many people out. But I see reports from nearby towns that grocery stores are still packed and there's still a lot of traffic going around. So...hard to say.

I have family in NB both my parents are from there. 😊.
There’s always going to be those who have a hard time with rules thankfully they’re in the minority.

most models having us peak by mid April.Start resuming through May has really always been probable.
Florida peak is may 14th or thereabouts on most models. National.models dont matter in this situation. Itll be late june early july at best. People just need to get used to the fact this is a long term deal. Period. I'm in Clearwater tampa and florida is soon to become another New York because the measures are too little too late and noone enforced anything out in place because people think economy is more important than lives and public safety. Cases exponentially increase daily here. Doctors and hospitals are struggling. 6 docs at Tampa general tested positive. Disney isnt going to take chances and it wont matter because noone will be allowed in the state soon enough.

Last edited:
6 docs at Tampa general tested positive. Disney isnt going to take chances and it wont matter because noone will be allowed in the state soon enough.
Yes, PLEASE think about this as you try to rush to get to Disney... You will be killing doctors or putting them on a vent like our friend. You get sick and you expose them to this horrible virus. THIS ISNT LIKE THE FLU. The flu killed very few healthcare workers. PLEASE Disney is not that important.

I just cannot be on these boards anymore...

I don't think this is heading towards a binary opening at WDW in June. The peak in Florida is, from what I've read, hovering around mid-May. The problem has been well documented about some folks disregarding the recommendations from the medical community (including some local springs that are chock full of people partying even this weekend). In addition, you have had an influx of folks from what Governor DeSantis said are hot spots that have been "air dropped" into our state. Fortunately, he has attempted to intercept folks driving through our borders on the interstates. But, folks can drive around them via back roads; now he is getting ready to address that with a heavier hand.

If the therapeutic drugs administered to 1,100 patients in NY a couple of days ago yields positive results, it would be an encouraging sign. The administration feels they should be getting those early results by mid-week.

My trip was supposed to be this week, we rebooked for Memorial Day week (last week in May). I had booked new FPs earlier this week...they are still there now, but when I attempt to modify some of them to other times, it says there is no longer any availability...so far it appears everything that starts with an S or T has no availability (Splash, Soarin, Spaceship Earth, Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania, Test Track, Seven Dwarfs, although that one could really be gone at just under 60 days). Other rides like Jungle Cruise, Navi, and Mission Space show times. FOP doesn’t show any other time slots but that’s normal for this time frame. Safari and Everest also show no other times. There is either a serious glitch or Disney is taking down FP availability without deleting precooked FPs
From what I was told today, your trip should be safe. I also rebooked my April trip to May (21-30th). But I do also have a June trip booked just incase. The reason I was told you cannot modify any of your reservations or FP+ is Disney is not taking any more reservations until June 1st. My source told me not to cancel my trip because Disney is wanting to keep the crowds down the first 2 weeks they open which is tentatively the 19th of May. I was also told they are leaning toward opening to resort guest only in May. I was able to get the internet help line to move my non inventory FP+ from my April trip to my May trip but they cannot modify any dining or FP+ at this time.

From what I was told today, your trip should be safe. I also rebooked my April trip to May (21-30th). But I do also have a June trip booked just incase. The reason I was told you cannot modify any of your reservations or FP+ is Disney is not taking any more reservations until June 1st. My source told me not to cancel my trip because Disney is wanting to keep the crowds down the first 2 weeks they open which is tentatively the 19th of May. I was also told they are leaning toward opening to resort guest only in May. I was able to get the internet help line to move my non inventory FP+ from my April trip to my May trip but they cannot modify any dining or FP+ at this time.
Your Source would be wrong. I'll leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter