• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 546596
And I saw a vehicle on It's a small world with plexiglass on the 26th. I think they are testing it there too.
They waited until now to do it, when many people wouldn't even know until they got there. Not nice.

I get it, they didn't want guests complaining about the lines and unsafe clusters that'd cause... but it feels like they tried to be sneaky by plexiglassing so many more rides right as guests were arriving.

And post after post on the just back thread are of people complaining about the long lines. We can't have it all right now. I agree plexiglass is not a real fix but it gives Disney the ability to open ride capacity

yeah, if "we" want more hours and more things open, more CMs brought back, etc. then Disney needs to increase capacity in the parks (or, at least that is what indications are/are for their bottom line) - then things like this are needed to increase capacity of attractions

This is an added expense for Disney to install these, so I am sure they aren't just doing it for no reason. Either they feel this makes things more safe, it gives the feeling of things being more safe, or they have external guidelines telling them this is what to do (probably a combination of all of these).

I will say it increases my desire to just wait to go back and most likely just cancel our trip planned for late March (leaning that way anyway) - just seems like why spend the money now for this experience (not saying it is awful or there isn't any magic, just seems too much of a detraction) combined with just still feels not safe to travel (anywhere, not Disney specific)

And post after post on the just back thread are of people complaining about the long lines. We can't have it all right now. I agree plexiglass is not a real fix but it gives Disney the ability to open ride capacity

Truth be told there were always long lines at WDW, especially at all the headliners. Many of the folks complaining now are the ones that in the past would utilize FP+ a lot and would never wait in long lines.

Truth be told there were always long lines at WDW, especially at all the headliners. Many of the folks complaining now are the ones that in the past would utilize FP+ a lot and would never wait in long lines.

This is definitely part of it - I know quite a few people that only ride things that they get a FP+ for and if that means they don't get on a number of headliners then so be it - so if they are going now, that isn't an option

I do think there is a new thing related to the physical length of the lines not the wait times - just seeing them stretch for (what seems like) forever and impede walkways and sometimes intermingle with other lines, etc. - I think that provides a negative impact as well, even if the actual wait time isn't *that* long

And those are the bulk of people coming not first timers without any prior knowledge of what "used to be"
The lines spilling out and creating the illusion of a very long line is the biggest problem now. Plexiglass would alleviate this

All the plexiglass is just making me sad. I get it. I know Disney is trying to minimize the complaints about long waits but I still say they would be better off bringing back a show or two instead of plexifying every single ride. It's not cute and after the first hour or so of the day there are smudges everywhere. Really hope the plexiglass comes down sooner rather than later.

All the plexiglass is just making me sad. I get it. I know Disney is trying to minimize the complaints about long waits but I still say they would be better off bringing back a show or two instead of plexifying every single ride. It's not cute and after the first hour or so of the day there are smudges everywhere. Really hope the plexiglass comes down sooner rather than later.
Plexiglass cheaper than CMs

I'm so all for safety, wear your masks, keep your distance, get the vaccine when you can, etc etc. But that plexiglass is purely for show. An airborne virus isn't going to be stopped by some plastic, it's absurd.

Exactly. And sorry, but doing it because it makes people "feel" safer is just ridiculous. Are they just going to leave it there? For no real reason, they are ruining ride experiences. NOTHING is safer about this.

Disney actually angers me with this. If you want to add capacity, just do it. Don't play pretend safety with plexiglass. People will decide on their own if they are comfortable with it or not.

And if people actually think they are safer because there is some plastic in directly in front of their face but air is flowing directly above and around them, then I don't know what to say.

You aren't.

Last edited:
And those are the bulk of people coming not first timers without any prior knowledge of what "used to be"
The lines spilling out and creating the illusion of a very long line is the biggest problem now. Plexiglass would alleviate this

I know what you are saying about the illusion of long lines, and it makes sense as long as the park capacity remains at 35% for the foreseeable future. But I don't see park capacity remaining at 35% until July, and any increase in park capacity would fill those faster moving lines as far as they are now so the "illusion" will be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter