cruisin and green mickey heads

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
Just had conversation on how to laminate, put names on the green Mickey heads with DH. He said "Well, good thing you have more because each will only last one cruise!" umm ya think he's thinking of using this DVC and going for a second cruise?

(he's still not ready to wear a green mickey head himself yet)

Are you talking about the Lime Green mickey paint swatches from Home Depot? If so our dis board group on the 4/19/03 cruise wrote our screen names on them and put them in our KTW clear pouches.

If you are a DVC member they will give you a complimentary DVC pouch once on board delivered to your stateroom.

DCBrown:Pinkbounc :smooth: :Pinkbounc :smooth: :Pinkbounc

Do ya think Home Depot knows why the lime green swatches are disappearing?????? Or do they think hundreds of people have hideouslly painted homes???

Terry, Pat & Ian

2002 Western Innaugural
2003 5/17 Eastern

Don't know, but as I was taking them I felt a little guilty. I left them lime greenless...I took extra for those who might have forgotten....then I thought about all the $ I have spent there....I look at it as my perk for being a good customer!!!

They worked extremely well as we were all able to identify each other right off the bat...it was really fun!

Originally posted by BunnyMom
Do ya think Home Depot knows why the lime green swatches are disappearing?????? Or do they think hundreds of people have hideouslly painted homes???

HMMM lime green room?? :rolleyes: I am the processof painting the house... HMMMM .... wonder what the family would think....
:p :p

I had alot of fun with mine, i put disney stickers on them! it was fun to make them.

Why couldn't you write your name on them and put whatever else you want there and then laminate them? Wouldn't that keep them for the future cruises that I just know you will be taking!!!:confused:

Originally posted by dcbrown
Are you talking about the Lime Green mickey paint swatches from Home Depot? If so our dis board group on the 4/19/03 cruise wrote our screen names on them and put them in our KTW clear pouches.

If you are a DVC member they will give you a complimentary DVC pouch once on board delivered to your stateroom.

Huh? We are DVC members and have cruised twice on points (once on cash) and never got any DVC pouch delivered to our room. Is this new? Our last cruise was in December and we didn't get one.

Which green mickeys did you use from Home Depot?

Was the color called ....??

Sonic Boom, or
Alien Green, or
Gamma Sector Green or

do you use a different shade of green?

- David

I think that the one that most closely resembles lime green is called Alien Green. Or something like that.

I also felt guilty taking them. I made sure that I also took a couple of pamplets too. Glad I'm not alone.

Donna

Originally posted by BunnyMom

HEY! I just painted my dining room mickey head green!!!!!!

;)

CrsnDisney, Is 'Mickey Head Green' the official paint color name? Or is that just a pet name DIS'ers decided on? ;)

mine say sonic boom. they look bright lime green to me. they must wonder about it though. Such a weird color, always having all the paint chips gone!

Originally posted by house_of_princesses
CrsnDisney, Is 'Mickey Head Green' the official paint color name? Or is that just a pet name DIS'ers decided on? ;)

No, I just made that up. Sorry!
I think there is a specific color people were picking up...a lime green of sorts. I remember someone posting a picture of it somewhere, I'm just don't remember where.

CrsnDsny, I was joshin' with ya'! It's Alien Green! :smooth: Is your dining room really alien green!?! Cool!

Are the swatches actually shaped like Mickey's head, or are you all cutting a shape out of a square paint sample? I never understood exactly what the heads were.

There is a square piece of heavy duty paper and the actual color swatch is a mickey's head. Only available at HOme Depot I think because they are exclusive to Disney Paint.

I just trimmed the outside so all we have left are green Mickey heads!

Ann,

This was my 2nd cruise on pts. (4/19), and the first time I recieved the pouch. When we went to the member update/party they were giving out all kinds of things. We walked away w/hats, shirts and those that did't get the pouches delivered w/their invitation were able to get them too. They also did games for prizes...nice carry on type bags, water bottles etc. I asked one of the reps about all the "stuff" and they said we (DVC members) were the best advertisements they could have. It was also nice because you could identify members by their pouch which has a very distinguishable purple and blue neck ribbon. So my lime green mickey head had a great contrasting color to be adorned with. ( I know.... I am weird!!)

dcbrown, the pouch sounds nice. We aren't cruisng on points this time, but hope we still get an invitation to the DVC party. We went to one on our May 2001 cruise and had a great time.

Originally posted by house_of_princesses
CrsnDsny, I was joshin' with ya'! It's Alien Green! :smooth: Is your dining room really alien green!?! Cool!

Nahh.....my dining room is not slimy green! I was just feeling silly that morning when I typed it! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter