CS and TS DDP Reviews 08/26-09/03(long)

LoriLea

Mouseketeer
TS – Rose & Crown (D), WCC (D), Ohana (D), Le Cellier (D), Sci-Fi (L), LTT (D), Boma (D), Teppanyaki (D), WCC (B)

CS – Roaring Forks , WL (L), Sunshine Seasons , Epcot (L), Columbia Harbour House, MK (L), Lottawatta Lodge, BB (L), Roaring Forks, WL (D), Cosmic Rays, MK (L), Tusker House, AK (L), Roaring Forks, WL (B), Earl of Sandwich, DD (L)

Here is a review of the above restaurants. I tried to post pics along with my reviews but after 2 nights of trying, I have given up. All ADR’s were made at 180 days so we got all the times and places we wanted. We did not make any changes to our original plan although I had read some bad reviews about some of our choices. We had originally booked our trip paying for DDP but when it became free – that was a bonus for us. I will try to include $ totals wherever possible. I didn’t catch all of them so some are estimates. Also, we often ordered beverages from the bar and I will include those totals.

All CS restaurants were chosen according to the kid’s menu. We ate at places that had items that would appeal to DD9.
DH, DS11 and myself are less picky than she is.
We mostly ate cereal for breakfast – brought those little boxes from home and bought milk in the WL mercantile. I made coffee every morning in the room and it tasted just fine.
We were not trying to get the most value or max out the plan. We decided that if we weren’t hungry, we wouldn’t order just for the sake of it. If something we wanted was not included, we would pay for it. Having read reviews from people with credits left at the end of the week, we didn’t save credits. We paid OOP for our last TS and part of a CS meal. We arrived early on our first day and left late on our last day so we had a couple of extra meals to cover.

Aug 26 –
Roaring Forks – lunch - We were virgin DDP people for this meal. We were not sure what was included so we just piled up our trays and hoped for the best. We got waters with both of our kids meals to put into our fridge, as we had purchased the refillable mugs for them to use for the week. ($25.54 for 2 mugs incl. Tax)
DH – Double Cheeseburger with fries, 20 oz Dasani water, Magic Cookie Bar
DS – same
DD – Kids Chicken Nuggets with Fries, 20 oz Dasani water, Sugar Cookie
ME – Turkey and Brie on Honey Oatmeal, 20 oz Dasani water, Sugar Cookie
Total $44.13 4 CS Credits
We really enjoyed our first meal but immediately realized that this would be too much food! The Magic Cookie Bars were excellent! DD and I ended up bringing our cookies back to the room for later. My sandwich was very fresh and huge! I couldn’t finish it. The dining room was packed and I was a bit worried that we would experience difficulty finding tables all week but it turned out that a brief rain shower had sent everyone from the pool area inside all at once.

WCC – dinner - Our ADR was at 5 pm (opening) and we were seated at 5pm. Unfortunately, none of us was very hungry after our big lunch which we ate around 1pm – only 4 hours earlier. We decided that we needed to spread our meals out for the rest of the week.
DH – Roasted Chicken with cinnamon apples and Yukon gold mashed potatoes, Apple Caramel Pie, Mango Smoothie (no appetizer)
DS – Wild West Wings, NY Strip Steak with mashed potatoes & corn, Vanilla Shake (no dessert)
DD – Kids Macaroni & Cheese, Chocolate Shake, milk (no dessert)
ME – Gold Rush Nachos, Grilled Pork Chops with Maple Ancho Glaze, roasted potatoes, mushrooms, green beans, Orange smoothie, Banana Dustbowl
Total $134.31 4 TS Credits
Our server was not really into it like some of the others but this was okay. We were all tired after our day of travel and perhaps he sensed that we wouldn’t join in. We got a basket of corn bread at the beginning. This was good. DH enjoyed his chicken but preferred the wings that DS had as an appetizer. DS’s steak was okay but not the best of the week by far. I really enjoyed the nachos although they were a little burnt in spots. I had everything on my nachos but I noticed that a lot of people had them without the chili. The pork chops were good but nothing spectacular. I loved the Banana Dustbowl – a large cinnamon tortilla with ice cream, bananas and caramel. (You could easily share a meal here – except for the skillet of course) We didn’t order the skillet this time. We have eaten here before and wanted to try something different. Had we not been staying at WL, we would not have eaten here at all and will not likely eat here again. The food wasn’t bad but there are so many other places we’d like to try.

Aug 27
Sunshine Seasons - lunch – we decided to eat at around 11 am as we once again had a fairly early dinner ADR (5pm) at Rose & Crown. We were just coming out of our 2nd Soarin’ trip and thought this would be a good time for lunch.
DH – Asian Noodles - 2 entrée, 2 sides (Sweet & sour chicken, rice, stir fried veggies, spicy Thai chicken), Water, Fruit Tulip tart
DS – Turkey & Muenster Cheese Sandwich, Cinnamon Roll, Large chocolate milk
DD – Kids Macaroni & Cheese, small Nestle Chocolate Milk, Fruit Tulip Tart
ME – Asian Noodles – 2 entrée, 2 sides ( Sweet & sour chicken, Beef Stir fry, Noodles, Broccoli) Water, Key Lime Pie
Total $ 54.30 4 CS Credits
This was one of the best CS meals all week. Everything was fresh and hot. My beef stir fry was really good! By the time I got to dessert, I was full but tasted the Key Lime Pie anyways! It was great. DS really enjoyed his sandwich and cinnamon roll. DD and DH also enjoyed the Fruit Tulip tarts – they were really big and neither could finish. The kids meals often come with applesauce and Mickey crackers which we put into our bags to take back to our room. (I put a couple of ziplocks in the kids mini backpacks.)
Desserts here are amazing! Definitely would return here.

4 Snack Credits – 1 20 oz Water, 2 Minute Maid Lemonades, 1 Nestle Crunch Ice Cream Bar ~ $12

Rose & Crown – dinner – we were eager to get seated here as it looked like there was a storm rolling in. We were actually seated at 5 pm – right on time. We did, however, get seated outdoors and it was so hot. I didn’t react quickly enough and request a table indoors which would have improved our dining experience.
DH - Prawn Cocktail, Steak & Fish, Sticky Toffee Pudding
DS – Prawn Cocktail, Steak & Fish, Sticky Toffee Pudding, Sprite
DD – Fruit & Cheese App., Kids Fish & Chips, Ice Cream Sundae, Chocolate Milk
ME – Prawn Cocktail, Fish & Chips, Bailey’s Trifle
Total $151.12 4 TS Credits
I know we got some sort of bread to start, but can’t remember what kind. Prawn cocktail was good – 4 shrimp and cucumber salad. All 3 of us enjoyed this. DD’s appetizer was not the most appealing. Carrots were dry but she doesn’t like carrots anyways. Cheese looked as though it had been sitting out. Grapes were good though. All 4 of us enjoyed the fish. Steaks were good too but still not the best of the week. DD and DS switched desserts. He ate her sundae and she ate the sticky toffee pudding. I tasted this and wished that I had ordered it instead of the Bailey’s trifle. The trifle was good but the pudding was better.
From the bar – DH had ½ yard Stella Artois x 2 and I had a cocktail called a Welsh Dragon. Total with 18% gratuity incl. $31.56.
We would eat here again but would make sure to request an indoor table.

Aug 28

4 Snack Credits – 2 Pineapple Dole Whips, 1 Pineapple Float, I Vanilla Cup ~ $13

Columbia Harbour House – lunch –
DH – Chicken & Fish Combo, 32 oz Coke, Chocolate Cake
DS – Chicken & Fish Combo, 32 oz Lemonade, Chocolate Cake
DD – Kids Macaroni & Cheese, 12oz Lemonade, Chocolate Cake
ME – Chicken & Fish Combo, 20 oz Water, Chocolate Cake
Total $ 49.74 4 CS Credits
We took our trays upstairs and found it to be very nice and quiet there. There are condiments up there and restrooms as well.
Our food was excellent! The only options for dessert were chocolate cake and a fruit cup. We barely touched the cake and took 2 back to our room with us. While we were eating, 4 CM’s came up to us ringing bells and said that we were the Family of the Hour. We got a certificate and 4 free fast passes to any ride that we’d like. They also took our picture and e-mailed it to us at home.

4 Snack Credits – 2 Waters, 2 Powerades ~$10

Ohana – dinner - We had an 6:20 pm ADR here. We arrived at 6:10pm and were seated around 6:30pm. We sat in the Tambu Lounge and had fancy drinks. DH had a Back Scratcher. I had a Lapu Lapu (the one in the pineapple). Total $ 22.64 plus tip. This was nice.
We were seated at the right side of the restaurant by a window. We were blocked off from the area where they did coconut races and hula with the kids. DD9 did do the hula. She had fun.
As for the food, it was wonderful. The won ton chips with the sauces, shrimp, cheesy scalloped potatoes, salad, stir fried veggies and chicken wings pretty much filled us up and the meat hadn’t even arrived yet. The turkey was really good dipped in the peanut sauce, the steak and pork were both very tender and the sausage was good as well. We all had some sort of smoothie which was good.
The bread pudding with bananas foster sauce was excellent!!
Total $131.88 4 TS Credits
We would definitely return to this restaurant. Awesome!

Aug 29

Lottawatta Lodge – lunch -
DH – Chicken wrap with chips, Water, Chocolate Swirl soft Ice Cream
DS – Pepperoni Pizza, Sprite, Vanilla soft ice cream
DD – Macaroni & Cheese, Nestle lrg Chocolate milk, Chocolate Swirl soft ice cream
ME – Chicken wrap with chips, Water, Vanilla Soft ice cream
Total $48.24 4 CS Credits
The line up here was the longest we experienced all week long. This meal was okay. The chicken wrap did not have a lot of chicken. Both DH and I would order something else if we returned. DS liked his pizza and DD liked her macaroni & cheese. If you get ice cream for dessert you can come back and get it any time before the park closes. It is marked as a pick up on your receipt.

Le Cellier – dinner - We checked in for our 6 pm ADR at 5:45 and were seated around 6:05 pm. This was DH and my favourite meal of the week.
DH – PEI Mussels, Maple Filet, Blueberry Buckle, Mango Smoothie
DS – PEI Mussels, Maple Filet, Chocolate Mousse, Cappucino Smoothie
DD – Cheddar Cheese Soup, Kids Pasta with Tomato Sauce, Chocolate Mousse, Mango Smoothie
ME – Tomato Stack, Mushroom Filet, Crème Brulee, Cappucino Smoothie
Total $192.78 4 TS Credits
From the bar – DH had a glass of red wine $13.08 incl. Tip
We sat in Nova Scotia. Our server delivered our bread and then quizzed us about it. She asked us what the multigrain represented and we said the Prairies, the Sourdough – didn’t know this one but it had something to do with the Northwest Territories. Finally she asked what the Pretzel bread represented – and we didn’t know. This was embarrassing as it turned out that it represented the largest Oktoberfest celebration outside of Germany – which takes place in Kitchener-Waterloo where I have lived for all 43 years of my life. You’d think I would get that right!
The mussels were very good – served chowder style. DD didn’t care for her soup but I tasted it and thought it was very good. My tomato stack was also good. Our filets were amazing. DH really enjoyed the blueberry buckle, the kids liked the chocolate mousse. The crème brulee came in a divided dish – ½ was maple and the other ½ was vanilla. Both were good.
We would not hesitate to return here. I can see why it is so popular.

Aug 30

Sci-Fi – lunch - We were a few minutes late getting here as we miscalculated the length of The Great Movie Ride and then proceeded to get lost trying to find the Sci –Fi Dine In. This was no problem other than I did have to give them my confirmation # in order for them to pull up my reservation. This was the only place this was required all week. We were told that a reservation guaranteed us a car. They were taking walk ups but this was Ernesto day and the weather wasn’t the greatest.
DH - Onion Rings, All- American Burger, Warm Apple & Pecan Crisp
DS – 7 Bean Beef Chili, All-American Burger, Rootbeer, Hot Fudge Sundae
DD – Fruit & Cheese with yogurt dip, Chicken Nuggets & Fries, Strawberry Shake, Sundae
ME – Spinach & Artichoke Dip, Butcher Tender Steak Sandwich, Happiest Celebration on Earth Cheesecake
Total $109.89 4 TS Credits
From the bar – DH had a Milky Way Shake. I had a Solar Eclipse Shake. They came with the glowing ice cubes. Total incl tip $23.66
We really enjoyed this experience. The kids liked being in the car. It is very dark in here so you can’t see what you’re eating very well. All appetizers were good. My dip was good but the chips could have been fresher. After eating the chili, DS barely made a dent in his burger. My steak was excellent – very tender (medium rare). I was not expecting it to be as good as it was. DH did not care for his apple and pecan crisp. My cheesecake was good – came surrounded with caramel popcorn and smarties.
This was good and I liked it just as well as Prime Time. DH preferred the experience here but the food at Prime Time. We all agreed that we would return here.

Roaring Forks – dinner –
DH – chicken strips and fries, magic cookie bar, water
DS – Pepperoni Pizza, brownie, water
ME – Bacon cheeseburger with fries, frosted brownie, water (shared with DD who decided she didn’t want chicken nuggets again – the only kids meal there)
Total $34.13 3 CS Credits
This was good once again. I was also going to have the chicken strips until DD announced that she wanted a burger. The burger was really good.

5 Snack Credits – 2 Dasani waters, lrg bag Lay’s Sour Cream & Onion Chips, 2 Powerades $12.78

Aug 31

5 Snack Credits – 32 oz Pink Lemonade, 32 oz root beer, 2 large waters, 1 box popcorn ~ $12

Cosmic Rays – lunch – This CS has 3 separate menus and areas to order. DH and DD ordered from the burger section, DS and myself ordered from the Chicken & ribs section. There was also a sandwich section.
DH – Double Bacon Cheeseburger & fries, lrg bottled water, Chocolate Cake
DS – ½ rack ribs with mashed potatoes & carrots, 32 oz Sprite, Carrot Cake
DD – Kids mini corn dogs & fries, Chocolate milk, Carrot Cake
ME – Chicken strips with fries, Lrg bottled water, Carrot Cake
Absolutely everything was excellent! We couldn’t believe the size of DS’s meal. You could also have chicken with this but he didn’t want it. DD really enjoyed her mini corn dogs. This was a nice change for her from macaroni & cheese. I enjoyed the pre-packaged carrot cake. DS couldn’t eat his so we took it back to our resort with us and he had it for breakfast the next day.
Total $47.04 4 CS Credits

Aunt Polly’s – Tom Sawyer’s Island – 4 Snack Credits – vanilla soft ice cream cup, vanilla cone, apple juice, lrg bottled water ~ $11

Liberty Tree Tavern – dinner – Today was both DD’s and DH’s birthday. Our DU agent Marla had noted the birthdays when she made the reservation. We ate here on their birthday 2 years ago and really enjoyed it so they wanted to go again this year. We checked in about 10 minutes before our 6 pm ADR and were seated by 6pm. There was Mickey confetti on the table.
Once again everything was great! DS was so full from the ribs at lunch that he only had 2 glasses of milk and a strip of roast beef. I’m glad we weren’t paying for him! The turkey, ham and beef was great. So were the stuffing, macaroni & cheese, mashed potatoes & gravy, green beans, buns , and salad. 3 CM’s amd Pluto sang happy birthday to DH and DD and Pluto helped blow out the candles in the apple cobbler. They also both got birthday cards. DH, DD and myself completely finished this dessert, it was so good. Would definitely return.
Total $120.72 4 TS Credits

Sept 1

Tusker House – lunch -
DH – Fried Chicken Sandwich with fries, Carrot Cake, lrg water
DS – Fried Chicken Sandwich with fries, Carrot Cake, 32 oz Sprite
DD – Kids Macaroni & Cheese, Carrot Cake, Lemonade
ME – Fried Chicken Sandwich with fries, Carrot Cake , lrg water
This restaurant was very busy as it started to rain just before we arrived. Seating is a little more difficult to find as most of the tables are long ones with 8 seats. 4 of us had to look for ½ of an empty table. The food here was great. The carrot cake portions were really big and good! Not pre-packaged. We all enjoyed our meal here.
Total $47.41 4 TS Credits

Boma – dinner - We arrived here about 30 minutes before our ADR and took a look around the resort. It really is nice. We saw a few animals. About 10 minutes before our ADR we checked in and were seated in about 5 minutes. Our server, Bob, was very attentive. DH, DD and myself all enjoyed a Berry Blast Smoothie that was included in the plan. DS had rootbeer.
From the bar - DH had a South African Red Wine Flight - 3 glasses of red wine $11.53 incl. Tip. He really enjoyed this and he and Bob had a little chat about their favourite wines.
We all really enjoyed this meal. DD had pasta with tomato sauce, meatballs and parmesan cheese, chicken fingers and some sort of apple crisp type of dessert. DS had some of the kids items but also tried the prime rib and potatoes. He didn’t care for the spices but found enough to eat that he liked. DH and myself really enjoyed everything. I had some Butternut Squash soup that was so good. I tried some of the salads and liked them all. The steak and prime rib were great.
We will definitely return here on our next trip.
Total $126.91 4 CS Credits

Sept 2

Roaring Forks – breakfast - We didn’t have any cereal left so we decided to have a late breakfast here before heading to downtown Disney. It was about 10:00 am and there was a line up.
DH – Bacon and Egg Croissant Sandwich, Orange Juice
DS – Pancakes with Bacon, Orange Juice
DD – Kids Pancakes with Bacon, Orange Juice
ME – Bounty Platter (bacon, scrambled eggs, pancakes, biscuit, potatoes) , Orange Juice
Another good meal. Bounty platter could easily feed 2 people! I barely made a dent in it.
Total ~ $36 4 CS Credits

Earl of Sandwich – lunch – I can’t believe we were actually hungry for lunch but I really wanted to try this place.
DH - The Best BLT, Dasani Water
DS - Ice Cream Sandwich
DD – Kids Grilled Cheese, Powerade
ME - The All American , 22 oz Diet Coke, White Chocolate Macadamia Cookie
We only had 1 CS meal left (which should have been a child’s credit) so we applied it to this meal. It reduced our total by $9 1 CS Credit We paid for the balance of the meal OOP and this was $18.48
The sandwiches here are very good. DD loved the grilled cheese sandwich. DH and I really liked the bread. It was worth the trip to try this out. This place was very busy as well. There is a sign where you order that very clearly tells you what is included in the dining plan and I found the cashier to be very helpful as well.

Teppanyaki – dinner - We saved this meal for our last night as this was our favourite restaurant last time. It didn’t disappoint.
DH – Edamame, New York Sirloin and scallops, Coke, Orange Sherbet
DS – Garden Salad, New York Sirloin and shrimp, Sprite, Vanilla Ice Cream
DD – Kids Chicken , Lemonade, Chocolate Chip Cookie
ME – Edamame, New York Sirloin and chicken, Diet Coke, Green Tea Ice Cream
Total ~ $136 4 TS Credits
This was both kids (9 and 11) favourite meal of the week. We were seated with a really nice family from Tampa who had also eaten there before. There was a small dish of seaweed salad for everyone to start. I thought it was good but the kids wouldn’t touch it. I had also never tried Edamame (soybean pods) before and I enjoyed them. Thank goodness the other family had eaten them before or I would not have know that you need to take them out of the pods to eat them. Our chef was really funny and entertaining
Absolutely everything was great! They also served green tea to everyone. I thought the green tea ice cream was quite nice. The only option for kid’s dessert was the pre-packaged cookie. We shared our ice cream with DD and she saved her cookie for later.
We will most definitely visit this restaurant on our next trip.

5 Snack Credits - 2 bags warm candy coated pecans, 2 frozen lemonades, 1 Dasani water ~ $14
The pecans were awesome! I wish we had found these earlier in the week. We would have used more snack credits for these. The cart was on the right as you entered World Showcase.

Sept 3

WCC – Breakfast - We decided to have a TS breakfast on our last day. We had to board the ME bus at 12:30pm. Our ADR was at 8:10 am and the place was almost empty. We all ordered the skillet plus 2 coffees, 2 orange juices, grapefruit juice and cranberry juice.
Total $57.51 plus tip (OOP)
The skillet came with sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, waffles,biscuits and gravy. Again everything was good. We ended up with a table full of ketchup. DS did the pony races but DD refused to participate.

2 Snack Credits – Sugar cookie, chocolate brownie $4.77

That’s it! Sorry it’s so long but I wanted to complete it all at once. We did not have a single bad experience at any TS or CS restaurant. We must be easy to please!

Somehow we were able to use 33 snack credits. When I bought popcorn at MK , I was given a written receipt and it doesn’t look like it was taken off my total.
Our receipts totalled approx. $ 1563.15
Had we paid for the plan, it would have been $999.68 so we would have been ahead by $563.47. We would do the DDP again even if it were not free. It was nice being able to order whatever we liked. Our DS11 loved being able to order steaks, mussels etc. Fortunately DD loves macaroni & cheese.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Sounds like you had a great time It is nice to see such good reviews. We leave on the 19th and have ADRs for Boma and Lecellier. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Thanks so much for posting your reviews. We are going to WL next week and have ADR's for many of the places where you dined. What is a magic cookie bar?

What a great review, very detailed!! I've been wanting to go to Boma and had heard the Butternut squash soup was good. Yummy! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the great reviews! We'll be eating at many of the same places in November. I'm very excited about trying Boma! :banana:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

I really enjoyed your reviews! We are eating at several of the same restaurants. Thanks for taking time to write down all the details for us. :)

gopack said:
Thanks so much for posting your reviews. We are going to WL next week and have ADR's for many of the places where you dined. What is a magic cookie bar?

A Magic Cookie Bar is in the baked goods section at Roaring Forks at WL.
My DH describes it as the "Hello Dolly" squares his mom used to make. It's got chocolate, butterscotch, sugar (all that healthy stuff). They were huge!
Very yummy! They didn't always have them. We went down on our last day to use up our last 2 Snack Credits and they didn't have any made.

Enjoyed your report, especially since we are eating at many of the same places and staying at the WL.
Glad to see that you were able to get bottle water with many of your CS meals. We get tired of soda, lemonade after a while.
Thanks for taking time to post it all- it was NOT too long at all...

Bev

Thanks Lorilea, I will be on the lookout for the magic cookie bar. They sound awesome!

Whoa that's alotta good eating there. LOL

Thanks for the great reviews :)

your reviews were fantastic!! We'll be eating at some of those places also while we're there. If you get a chance could give me some more info (this is gonna sound weird!) on how your daughter's adventures with the mac and cheese were? I'm a picky eater but a BIG fan of it and I know I'll be eating a lot of it while there. :)

You know, I just counted how many time she had mac & cheese out of 9CS and 9TS meals and she only ordered it 4X (5 if you count LTT which serves it as part of the meal.) It seemed like she had it more often than that.

It was consistently good wherever she had it. ( I know because I tasted it.) The mac & cheese at LTT was really good as well. Pasta not overcooked and good cheese flavour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter