Current photo of Castle while being refurbished

We're bringing a pair of first timers with us March 1-5, and I really hope the tarps are down on the 3rd as previously reported. Plus there's one spot off to the side of the castle where we've taken a picture of DS each visit, and I'd like to do that again this trip. Won't be quite the same if we just see tarps in the background.

Omg! What a hideous eye sore man! :faint: to almost infinity!
Is that being too dramatic? Oh well.....lmao! :faint:

Given your humor and past responses Gisele.....
I'd say your right on target with your norm. :)

++++++
If anyone will be at DL in the next few days, would you please post a picture of how the castle looks. Tarped or not....

The Instagram photo from 1-21-15 shows the walkway blocked but no tarp on the castle.
http://instagram.com/p/yF7QqbkPme/?modal=true

Thanks
Geemo

Given your humor and past responses Gisele.....
I'd say your right on target with your norm.

++++++
If anyone will be at DL in the next few days, would you please post a picture of how the castle looks. Tarped or not....

Thanks
Geemo

I definitely will. We arrive Sunday afternoon. Last photo I saw on HoJo Anaheim Facebook didn't show it being tarped yet just fences up , so you could take photos from the side. I also have seen photos from jan 20th of IASW tarp but it was printed like the facade - so there is talk it's possible the castle one could be similar at least.

I'll post an update Sunday and through the week. We are there until Saturday the 31st.

I agree. We have a trip planned for early May, and the castle being "tarped" - while it wouldn't ruin our trip - would just be sad. Can you share what you were told by CMs? Maybe it would give hope to some of us...

I live in Australia so I phoned Guest Services. I was told it'll be finished March 2nd, unveiled March 3rd. We fly out from LAX that night, so we have our fingers crossed it's on schedule!

I live in Australia so I phoned Guest Services. I was told it'll be finished March 2nd, unveiled March 3rd. We fly out from LAX that night, so we have our fingers crossed it's on schedule!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you and hope that what was printed on mice chat is wrong.

I'm hoping to see it before we get there next week. Bringing my older brother for the first time. Not going to let the tarped castle dull our buzz. There's still so much to be excited for! If nobody else posts pics or if the tarps (hopefully the printed scrims) go up while we are there I'll get a pic up for everyone. (We arrive Wednesday & will be there thru Sunday.)

I was told over the phone that there would be a tarp covering the castle at some point and it would have a print of the castle on it (sort of like the current one on Small World.) Not sure the date it will go up. But if I had to guess, it will be my first day in the park next month...haha!

Earlier in the thread, someone said you can walk over the bridge/through the castle right now but that is completely false.

Earlier in the thread, someone said you can walk over the bridge/through the castle right now but that is completely false.

Not sure where that person's info came from but I was told the same thing on the phone by a CM this week, so clearly there was at least a minor disconnect on the Disney end (it was a call back from an email that I sent, so it wasn't like the CM didn't have an opportunity to check before answering). Either way looks like you can't walk over the bridge right now.

I'll be there tomorrow so I'll scope the whole thing out and report back.

Exhausted and headed to bed...but no tarp as of today. Just walls blocking pass thru. You can still get a pretty good pic of castle. I was disappointed with scaffolding and tarps over IASW, but nice to see holiday still inside for at least one more day.

I'll definitely be watching this thread. We get to DL on the 4th (not sure if it's going to be a park day yet or not) so we are praying it's still uncovered by then! Our luck, it will be covered on the 3rd lol

My husband has a business trip to San Diego in mid-April. We are from Alabama and don't get to California often.....maybe once every 5-10 years. We were planning to take a day trip with another couple to see DL & DCA. I don't think the other couple has ever been to DLR before. My husband has been once and I have been four times, most recently in May 2013 for my daughter's graduation trip. I REALLY hope the castle will be open and fully visible by then.

Please keep updating this thread with pictures as the castle refurb progresses!

Arrived today, parks tomorrow....

Ah, that's good. Peter Pan goes down on the 2nd.

I'll definitely be watching this thread. We get to DL on the 4th (not sure if it's going to be a park day yet or not) so we are praying it's still uncovered by then! Our luck, it will be covered on the 3rd lol

We arrive on the 3rd, first park day the 4th. I told my husband it will probably get covered the 3rd. Realistically, when it get covered, I have a feeling the tarp will arrive on a Monday. So maybe tomorrow or next Monday.

Still no tarp today. Confirmed that the draw bridge is not accessible (duh at this point I guess). Will report over the next couple of days.

Still no tarp today. Confirmed that the draw bridge is not accessible (duh at this point I guess). Will report over the next couple of days.

Really hope the tarp stay off for atleast the first few days of February. We are hoping to hitting the parks the day our plane lands, Feb 1 in hopes of keeping jet lag away, and would love to see the castle.

Really hope the tarp stay off for atleast the first few days of February. We are hoping to hitting the parks the day our plane lands, Feb 1 in hopes of keeping jet lag away, and would love to see the castle.

I hope so too, minneylovesmickey! I'll be there next Fri, Sat, Sun with a 1st timer and I really hope he can see the castle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter