Current photo of Castle while being refurbished

I'm at the park now and there is now a wall that I'm guessing is 7ft tall on the backside of the castle that's blocking starting at the sleeping beauty walkthrough all the way to the Snow White walkway. This wasn't there on Wedneaday. The walkway between princess fantasy fair and fantasyland is open.

We arrive on the 3rd, first park day the 4th. I told my husband it will probably get covered the 3rd. Realistically, when it get covered, I have a feeling the tarp will arrive on a Monday. So maybe tomorrow or next Monday.

Yeah, my guess is it will go up this week. :sad: Oh well, nothing we can do about it at this point but sit and wait and hope lol

Many many refurbishments are scheduled to reopen on the 15th, so it's when some people are speculating that the 60th anniversary celebrations will start.

Oh Geezo. We are going May 16 for a week, and while I suppose the 60th celebration would be fun, I guess the crowds will be astronomical. I would rather they wait til June or July so the crowds are not as bad in May.

I can't change my dates, but I am anxious for any info they are going to release soon!!

There is some scaffolding up around the castle today that wasn't there yesterday. The moat is nearly but not completely drained. I asked several CMs yesterday and they all said that they'd heard that a tarp would go up but they didn't know when or if it would be painted.

Just a guess but I'm guessing it will go up this week sometime based on the scaffolding. I'll report back tomorrow.

There is some scaffolding up around the castle today that wasn't there yesterday. The moat is nearly but not completely drained. I asked several CMs yesterday and they all said that they'd heard that a tarp would go up but they didn't know when or if it would be painted.

Just a guess but I'm guessing it will go up this week sometime based on the scaffolding. I'll report back tomorrow.

What does It's a Small World look like now? Does it still have a printed tarp on it?

Sorry for not posting earlier..We had a longer than anticipated drive yesterday due to dense fog and arrived at the DLH around 10:30am but didn't sleep until nearly midnight..LOL.

Anyway so this was taken on 1/25/14. There are brown gates blocking the drawbridge area/castle walkthrough but there are multiple ways to get a great castle shot from the sides. I have not been in Disneyland yet today (1/26) , but will update as needed. See pic below :

2igj4vl.jpg

IASW did not have a printer tarp yesterday - just plain white and extensive scaffolding. It will be closed starting today 1/26 ; I will update if anything changes. I am staying until 1/31.

No, no, no!!! They've gotta hold off on the tarps until at least Sunday!!

I like it. The concealment of the castle is coming along quite nicely. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter