Cypress Pointe

meta

Mouseketeer
We are spending Feb vacation at Phase 1. Booked thru Hotel Kingdom. Is there a particluar building we should request. We're a family of 3 to include a 14 yr. old son. I always ask for an upper floor, but don't want to end up with a crappy view.

Also, how big is the resort. Is everything within walking distance.

Actually, I was told Cypress Pointe 1 got totally renovated a year or 2 ago. That's why we picked this. Do you know how large the actual property is.

Thanks

Cypress Pointe resort was remodeled a few years ago.
It's a very small resort in a busy part of Lake Buena Vista. I suppose a pool view would be best as some of the buildings face a road, but I was never really concerned with it. The units are excellent. Walking up three flights of stairs with all the luggage is tough, but I liked it up there for the lack of noise.
We've stayed three times and will stay there again. :)

meta said:
Actually, I was told Cypress Pointe 1 got totally renovated a year or 2 ago. That's why we picked this. Do you know how large the actual property is.

Thanks

It did!

not to large - a little bigger than a city block?

meta said:
We are spending Feb vacation at Phase 1. Booked thru Hotel Kingdom. Is there a particluar building we should request. We're a family of 3 to include a 14 yr. old son. I always ask for an upper floor, but don't want to end up with a crappy view.

Also, how big is the resort. Is everything within walking distance.

Everything at the resort, as well as almost any services you ay need are within walking distance. We often park the car and walk to everything while we stay there. Unlike most Orlando Resorts CPR is very pedestrian friendly. Sidewalks/crosswalks surround the resort and even get to Downtown Disney where you can pick up the free Disney transportation.

The pool view units are very popular and you have to be a little lucky to get one. We were surprised that the units in Building 6, accross the parking lot from the pool/clubhouse was still a nice view of the pool. We also like the pond view (Buildings 1 & 2) and the units that overlook the forever wild area (Building 8). We have stayed in every building in CPR and never had a "bad" room even if it wasn't the absolute best view.

I have heard bad things about this resort. I have heard the blinds fall down and the carpet is so dirty that your feet are black. Is this true? They have an awesome rate through hotel kingdom but I dont want to stay in a dump either . Does anyone have suggestions I should do to insure a good stay? Also the rate is for a studio through hotel kingdom. I can get a rate for under 500 for a week for either a studio at cypress pointe resort or a 1 bedroom villa at cypress point grand villas.

we stayed at cypress pointe phase I in september in a three bedroom

the interiors were very nice, the resort is very well maintained, the renovations were top notch.....

our cost for the week was very very reasonable ( actually it was a steal ) if the quote by the previous poster is right .....

even though they are in the process of replacing the roof, we did not hear any excess noise

we did not even hear the occupants of the floor above us .....for that matter

we would stay there again .....given the opportunity, they have done a very good job of reacquiring their Gold Crown status.....

My family from the UK are owners at CP for the past 12 years and we have stayed there nearly every year with them. We've always enjoyed our vacations there and the staff are very helpful with any problems that arise. :thumbsup2

We're staying for 4 days at CP this month and we're again looking forward to our stay there.....I always say I feel like I'm home when I walk through the door! :)

I am seriously considering it. The price is a steal but when I went to trip advisor someone stated what I previously posted and that has me a little worried......

umaangel00 said:
I have heard bad things about this resort. I have heard the blinds fall down and the carpet is so dirty that your feet are black. Is this true? They have an awesome rate through hotel kingdom but I dont want to stay in a dump either . Does anyone have suggestions I should do to insure a good stay? Also the rate is for a studio through hotel kingdom. I can get a rate for under 500 for a week for either a studio at cypress pointe resort or a 1 bedroom villa at cypress point grand villas.

If it's a studio it cannot be Cypress Pointe Resort it has to be CP Grande Villas. There are no blinds (except for a small bathroom window) at Cypress Pointe Resort! (There are/were at CPGV). The only "down" period for CPR was from 2001-2003 when the units needed some serious work. It was still an RID (now Silver Crown) RCI resort even at it's lowest period.

Now I'm not saying CPGV is a dump - it is not - but it is more dated than the "older" CPR. CPGV has taken a different approach to upgrades vs the total renovation of every unit that CPR used in 2004-2005 and will use again in 2011. There is a reason CPR is RCI Gold Crown and CPGV is Silver Crown - but both rankings are premium levels not some run of the mill, unranked places in the middle of nowhere. Both should provide you with a great vacation but, speaking personally, I wouldn't pick a CPGV studio for more than two people. The 2 or 3 bedroom units at both resorts are great and real values at the discounted prices Hotel Kingdom sometimes offers.

umaangel00 said:

Ahhh, if only people thought it was a dump I wouldn't have seen my hotel kingdom rates go from 63 to 99 a night for a two bedroom. It was a STEAL when first remodeled, brand new everything from kitchen appliances to sheets. Its still a great deal when compared to a Disney moderate. It's been remodeled, check out the pics. Before it was redone, I picked CPGV's since they were "newer", now I opt for CPR.

http://www.cypresspointe.net/newlookl.htm

I put "quiet area" on my request since the pool isn't that important to me. Amazingly enough, the rates don't vary with in season or offseason. They will sell out quicker in season so I book way in advance risking the $20 cancelation fee thru HK.

We use this map to get around from CPR to Disney property (for dining or hitting the parks). CPR is just northeast of the 535 (Palm Parkway) and Vineland Rd intersection. Follow 535 to Vista Blvd and you are on Disney grounds in 5 minutes. It looks longer than it is, new construction going on out that way, not many lights. Lights and congestion make the Downtown Disney route take longer. We jump on I-4 for AK only. We get around much quicker with this offsite location than those onsite using busses. Many nearby restuarants, you really can't beat it, IMHO.

http://www.solarius.com/assets/pdfs/wdwmap.pdf#search="disney resort area map 535"

Just that you can plot CPR on a Disney map should tell you how close it is.

umaangel00 said:

you have to kept in mind that trip advisor doesn't ask if you with the competition. there are several timeshares in the area. but Cypress pointe constantly get recommend they don't.

so far no complaints here at all - there is not another place that can be true of - take that back I haven't seem any complaints about Ritz-Carlton either - but hey I can't see paying over $300 a night.

so the carpet aren't dirty....

Based on the map, we stayed in building 8. We loved that we looked out on trees and not other units. We had a back unit in the building. It sat off by itself. The walk to the pool took maybe 2-3 minutes at most.

My in-laws were just there last week and hated it. They booked thru hotelkingdom and said it was not how advertised. They had a 2 bedroom they said was very tiny. The second bedroom was supposed to have twin beds, but only had one twin bed with a cot underneath it that was supposed the second bed. They also said the second bedroom was like a closet and had no windows. The beds were not made up when they got there about 9 pm. They checked out the next morning and got their money back. I didn't see the place myself, so I can't attest to any this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter