Cypress Pointe

chobie said:
My in-laws were just there last week and hated it. They booked thru hotelkingdom and said it was not how advertised. They had a 2 bedroom they said was very tiny. The second bedroom was supposed to have twin beds, but only had one twin bed with a cot underneath it that was supposed the second bed. They also said the second bedroom was like a closet and had no windows. The beds were not made up when they got there about 9 pm. They checked out the next morning and got their money back. I didn't see the place myself, so I can't attest to any this.

We booked the Cypress Pointe Grande Villas. While the CP 2BR has a trundle as the second bed in the extra BR, the CPGV actually has two twins. It also has elevators. We decided that we'd rather have those two things instead of the recent renovations in CP (strictly a matter of personal preference).

In the 2nd bedroom, there will only be my 14 yr. old son. The size of that bedroom isn't important, as longs as he falls asleep.

My son has asthma and I made it a point to let Hotel Kingdom know that we need an upper floor and unit must be clean.

chobie Cypress Point (not Grande Villas) do not state that they have 2 twin beds in the 2nd bedroom......it does state that the second bedroom has 1 twin bed with a trundle bed.....and actually the bedroom isn't bad at all......DH and I have slept in that room for a week and we still were happy! :)

sammi said:
chobie Cypress Point (not Grande Villas) do not state that they have 2 twin beds in the 2nd bedroom......it does state that the second bedroom has 1 twin bed with a trundle bed.....and actually the bedroom isn't bad at all......DH and I have slept in that room for a week and we still were happy! :)

http://orlando.hotelkingdom.com/Hot...2006&adults=1&children=0&hotel_id=483&t=rates

Actually, it does say that it has two twin-sized beds in the second bedroom of the two bedroom. And the virtual tour on the their home site shows the second bedroom with two twin beds. This is the description from their website:
Accommodates up to 6 people, 1,329 sq. ft.
King bed, fold-out queen sleeper and two twin beds. Two full baths, including a Jacuzzi tub and shower in the master bath. Also features a fully-equipped kitchen, 46" screen TV with cable, VCR, direct dial phone, ceiling fans, washer/dryer and a screened patio or balcony

http://www.cypress-pointe.com/

Well really Hotel Kingdom site isn't misleading as yes there are 2 twin beds in that room. :)
Also the Cypress Pointe website..http://www.cypresspointe.net/phase.html (which is really what I would be interested in reading about especially if I was wanting to book)does state 2 beds (trundle style) on their site. :)

sammi said:
Well really Hotel Kingdom site isn't misleading as yes there are 2 twin beds in that room. :)
Also the Cypress Pointe website..http://www.cypresspointe.net/phase.html (which is really what I would be interested in reading about especially if I was wanting to book)does state 2 beds (trundle style) on their site. :)

Edited:

Okay the website I have is actually the GV site. But the hotelkingdom site is misleading IMO.

A trundle bed is not a twin bed.

This is from the web site that I posted........

"Feature

Cypress Pointe Resort ***

Cypress Pointe Grandevillas ****
Building/Elevators

3 Story - No elevators

4 or 5 Story - Elevator Equipped
1 Bedroom Unit ("B")

Deluxe hotel room, King Bed w/ roman tub, balcony - Sleep 2

1BR Studio, Queen Bed, Roman Tub, Sofa Bed - Sleep 4
Size / Televison

360 Square Feet / 1- 27"

524 Square Feet / 1- 19"
2 Bedroom Unit ("A")

2 full Bath, Sofa Bed - Sleep 6

2 full Bath, Sofa Bed - Sleep 6
Size / Televisons

1,289 Sq Ft, 1- Widescreen HDTV, 1- 27", 1-14"#

1,329 Sq Ft - NEW 1 - 52",1 - 27"
Bed Types#

King Bed Master BR; Twin Bed w/trundle 2nd BR

King Bed Master BR; Twin Beds 2nd BR
3 Bedroom Unit ("A&B")

1 & 2 Bedroom Units Combined - Sleep 8

1 & 2 Bedroom Units Combined - Sleep 10
Size / Televisons

1,649 Sq Ft, 1- Widescreen HDTV, 2- 27",_ 1 - 14" TV/DVD

1,853 Sq Ft, 1- 52",1- 27",1- 19" "

And actually in all reality it IS 2 twin beds.....just one on the floor that's all! popcorn::It's really not a big deal at all.

Well Sammi I must respectfully disagree that a trundle bed is a twin bed. I think the descriptions on hotelkingdom are misleading and they did not argue with my in-laws and immediately gave them their money back. However, I do think my inlaws overreacted and it was not as bad as they said it was.

POR also has that trundle bed thing, but don't even advertise it as an extra bed. They certainly don't describe the rooms as having two full sized beds and a twin bed.

chobie said:
Edited:

Okay the website I have is actually the GV site. But the hotelkingdom site is misleading IMO.

No, it does not. A trundle bed is not a twin bed. And again the virtual tour shows two actaul twin beds --no trundle. So, IMO that is misleading.

http://www.cypress-pointe.com/

Not wanting to get into a pissing match but I don't see the trundle bed description anywhere.

That site is strictly for Cypress Pointe Grande Villas. Nowhere does it talk about Cypress Pointe Resort. The CPR website is here which on the comparison page clearly states a twin bed and trundle bed. The trundle bed rises to standard height and can be combined with the twin to form a king size. I think its good use of a limited space. Here is the chart that talks about the trundle bed. Also on the picture tour of CPR tour the fifth picture from the last clearly show the CPR 2nd bedroom and again mentions the trundle bed. It couldn't be much clearer to me.

The virtual tour is also of a Cypress Pointe Grande Villa unit - as I would expect since it is a Grande Villas web site. The unit layout and features are different at Cypress Pointe Resort. You have to know which one you book in order to know what features/layout you will get.

TotoToo said:
That site is strictly for Cypress Pointe Grande Villas. Nowhere does it talk about Cypress Pointe Resort. The CPR website is here which on the comparison page clearly states a twin bed and trundle bed. The trundle bed rises to standard height and can be combined with the twin to form a king size. I think its good use of a limited space. Here is the chart that talks about the trundle bed. Also on the picture tour of CPR tour the fifth picture from the last clearly show the CPR 2nd bedroom and again mentions the trundle bed. It couldn't be much clearer to me.

The virtual tour is also of a Cypress Pointe Grande Villa unit - as I would expect since it is a Grande Villas web site. The unit layout and features are different at Cypress Pointe Resort. You have to know which one you book in order to know what features/layout you will get.

Yes, I know. That is why I wrote:

Edited the cite I have is actually the GV cite.

The hotelkingdom cite describes it as two twin beds, which is misleading IMO. I realize this place has it fans. I just wanted people to know that in my inlaws opinion it was a dump.

Also, this is what is says on Hotelkingdom and my inlaws being in their 70's are not internet saavy enough to realize that they can't trust the website they are booking though and need to do their own detective work to find out if they are getting what they paid for. Since they have booked with Expedia and other websites and never had a problem with misleading info, they though this would be okay.

http://orlando.hotelkingdom.com/Hot...2006&adults=1&children=0&hotel_id=483&t=rates

Well chobie Cypress Pointe is a Gold Crown resort and it didn't get that way be "misleading" folks. As I have stated many, many times before on the DIS boards my family are owners there and have been for about 12 or 13 years now and we've stayed with them for most of those years and they have always been satisfied with the units and the staff. I guess some folks are harder to please than others. We love this resort and so do a ton of other nice people from the DIS boards.....perhaps you should plan a visit there and see for yourself.....I think you would be nicely surprised. :sunny:

sammi said:
Well chobie Cypress Pointe is a Gold Crown resort and it didn't get that way be "misleading" folks. As I have stated many, many times before on the DIS boards my family are owners there and have been for about 12 or 13 years now and we've stayed with them for most of those years and they have always been satisfied with the units and the staff. I guess some folks are harder to please than others. We love this resort and so do a ton of other nice people from the DIS boards.....perhaps you should plan a visit there and see for yourself.....I think you would be nicely surprised. :sunny:

I propbably would be happy there because I am lower maintenance then my inlaws. If I thought I was getting two twin beds and got one and a trundle I would be like "oh well" and enjoy my vacation. And I think its hotelkingdom that is misleading, not Cypress Pointe.

Then your inlaws should complain to Hotel Kingdom. This resort is NOT a dump. :thumbsup2

And myself and my family are not "lower maintenance" and would not stay in any "dumps". ;)

Neither would the great people on the DIS! :rolleyes:

sammi said:
Then your inlaws should complain to Hotel Kingdom. This resort is NOT a dump. :thumbsup2

And myself and my family are not "lower maintenance" and would not stay in any "dumps". ;)

Neither would the great people on the DIS! :rolleyes:

People are allowed to have different opinons. :rolleyes:

My family and I love Pop Century but I have seen many a review on the Dis from people thinking it was a dump. For that matter I think just about every place has been given a bad review by someone. It is not an insult to everyone on the Dis to give your opinion about a place.

The great people of the DIS, deserve to hear the good, bad and ugly opinions about every place so that they can make their own informed decisions.

What I meant about the "low maintenance" remark is that even if I booked thru a site that mislead me, I would not leave just because of a trundle bed being in place of a twin bed. It was not an insult. Sorry, if you took it that way.

But again, we are allowed to have differing opinions on this board. You may set up your own site where people can only say good things about your resort of choice, but until then you will have to occasionaly see opinions you don't like.

Edited: Sorry I missed your post where you said you were an owner of a Cypress pointe Unit. The DIS is not your own personal advertising site. It is a place for people to come and give their opinions whether owners of certain places like it or not.

umaangel00 said:
I am seriously considering it. The price is a steal but when I went to trip advisor someone stated what I previously posted and that has me a little worried......

I would seriously reconsider it. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

http://www.cypresspointe.net/Graphics/020604/4thweek4.htm

Old pictures from renovation, second down shows matresses.

FYI that the trundle mattress is the same size as top matress. It's more of a second bed that can be stowed if not needed. We move a chair over and slide "trundle" all the way out and over against the other wall. Theres still some overlap but kid can step down from bed w/o stepping on brother. It's not an attached trundle. It may even have the ability to pop up to be more like a second twin bed but we didn't need that.

Perfect for kids but may be cramped for putting a couple of adults in there.

As I looked further at the link, I believe the second pic from the bottom shows the frame that holds the "trundle" in the popped up position. It would probably require removing the chair from the room to have the space for the trundle popped up.

I'm remembering all the pretty fake flowers all over the place seeing these pics. The first thing we do is round them up from all over and put on top of the TV so I don't have to worry about the kids knocking over and breaking.

For the sake of fairness, liking a place that others found unacceptable does not make you less of a person. And not liking a place that others do like is not making a value statement about the people who do like it. You can be a "good" person and have an opinion that is different than others. Just because I don't like a particular place does not mean I think any less of the people that do, nor does it mean that I am insulting those who do like it. These boards are for people to give their opinion, not just for people to give GOOD opinions so as to not to offend anyone. I personally am more thankful for the negative opinions sometimes, as I beleive they have steered me from making bad choices about places to stay and eat when visiting WDW.

All, I said was that my inlaws thought the Cypress Pointe is a dump and that the Hotelkingdom site is misleading. If that is percieved as a personal attack on those who own or stay there, that is not my problem.

To each his/her own. :goodvibes

If you read my post closer you will find that I am NOT AN OWNER but my family are (actualy cousins from the UK) and we are only guests of theirs. :thumbsup2

And ReallyFunMom that is what we did too....just moved the chair over and we had tons of room. :sunny:

It's too bad that they took down the debate board as chobie would have probably been right at home over there as most of her postings are very negative towards others and in all my years of being a DIS board member (and meeting up with many nice DIS'ers) this has got to be the first "negative" person I've ever met so I will close for my part and just say this ...yes everyone has their own opinion but you have never been to CP and this thread has gone astray so I will just end here! :) Hope you have a great day! :wave2:

For those who have booked Cypress Point and Cypress Pointe Grande Villas......I hope you have a wonderfully magical vacation ......we'll be there next week! :woohoo:

sammi said:
If you read my post closer you will find that I am NOT AN OWNER but my family are (actualy cousins from the UK) and we are only guests of theirs. :thumbsup2

And ReallyFunMom that is what we did too....just moved the chair over and we had tons of room. :sunny:

It's too bad that they took down the debate board as chobie would have probably been right at home over there as most of her postings are very negative towards others and in all my years of being a DIS board member (and meeting up with many nice DIS'ers) this has got to be the first "negative" person I've ever met so I will close for my part and just say this ...yes everyone has their own opinion but you have never been to CP and this thread has gone astray so I will just end here! :) Hope you have a great day! :wave2:

For those who have booked Cypress Point and Cypress Pointe Grande Villas......I hope you have a wonderfully magical vacation ......we'll be there next week! :woohoo:

The more defensive you get toward the place your family owns, the more it makes it seem that you have something to hide. I tried to be fair, but any negative comments about the place you stay at will not be tolerated by you. That's fine. Hopefully, some people will take your position as messanger into consideration and decide that since you cannot attack the message that Cypress Pointe may be a dissapointment for people, you have chosen to attack me. Well, I also have been on these board for a long time and am not going anyhwere. So, I would suggest you put me on ignore.

I will gladly stop posting on this particular thread because I think that my message has gotten out to those who may have second thoughts about Cypress Pointe. I will not refrain from posting my inlaws opinion of this place on other threads, however, as that is the purpose of these boards. I did not see the interiors, but the outside looked dumpy to me and the pool and reception area did as well and did not loook nearly as nice as they did in the photos. That is my opinion. I have given great reviews about PC, POR, CS, Gaylord Palms, Swan and Dolphin, so you can try to write me off as just being negative toward everything, but that is not the truth.

I'm sure you will have a great vacation, even if some people do not care for the place you are staying at. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter