Danette & Jacob's Escape Wedding

34Angels

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone! I'm a little new to this thread, as well as to PJ so please bear with me as I muddle through this!

First, let me give you the details of the wedding. We're getting married Nov 2, 2009 at Sea Breeze Point. My dad will be walking me down the aisle and we're only going to have 2 flower girls and a ring bearer (which is still up in the air as they are 3 of my sister's 5 kids and my BIL is in the military so we don't know if he'll be able to get leave yet) ages 6, almost 5 (as in he'll turn 5 three weeks after the wedding) and just turned 3.

Our guest list consists of our parents, one set of grandparents each, Jake's oldest sister, her hubby and their 1 year old son, Jake's little sister and her will-be-then hubby (they are getting married next month), my sister and her hubby and their 5 kids. The only immediate family that is not on the guest list are my 2 brothers, my oldest brother flat out told me that he can't make it so take him off the guest list (money issues because his car died and he had to buy a new one which gives him car payments again) and my little brother, well, that's a whole other story that I can't get into.

DF and I are staying at Pop Century and I have no clue where anyone else is staying. Because my sister's hubby is military and my dad is retired, I know they get a great discount right now at selected resorts so they're probably going to stay where it is best for them, my mom is trying to swing Pop but doesn't know if she'll be able to.

Let me tell you guys why we're doing a Disney wedding (aside from the fact that I love Disney and while DF doesn't love it, he does enjoy going there). We had started plans on a wedding here (in Chattanooga) and it rapidly got out of hand. A 100 guest guest-list went from 100 to almost 200! :scared1: Everyone wanted us to do what they wanted us to do, not what we wanted, money was starting to be an issue (our budget kept growing and growing, mostly due to the added guests) and not to mention, I'm soooo not girlie girl. I hate (and suck at) picking out flowers, cakes, decor, does this match this, that won't look right, blah, blah, blah.

So, one day, when I was stressing and about to have a breakdown, I said forget it, we're eloping (which is what my dad has told me we should have been planning all along, he said I'll be happier doing that) and began looking up weddings in Vegas, where my sis and BIL got married. DF said no way, I don't want to go to Vegas, how much will it cost at WDW? I was in shock because after he proposed to me and we called the family and things calmed down, first words were, we're not getting married here (he proposed to me at WDW :lovestruc ) so don't ask. So, after getting over the shock, we looked up prices and saw the Escape plan. Perfect! This way we can just tell people, hey, we can only have 18, but you're more than welcome to be "honeymoon crashers" for the week we're down there. And the best part (besides the annual passes, I think that's what sealed the deal for DF!) the Escape Wedding would cost less than just the stupid buffet was going to cost us for the wedding we were planning here.

From there we called the important people-parents and siblings-and asked what they thought about it. They all seemed pretty excited and said they'd be cool with it and still try and make it so we contacted DFTW and now we have a contract and a planner (Amy Riendeau) and the date I'm soooo excited! :dancer:

Okay, so now let me give you some background info on me and DF. We met while in the navy through a mutual friend, a friend that just so happened to get out of the military right before our deployment so Jake and I ended up spending most of the deployment hanging out together. After deployment we'd become such good friends we decided to become roommates.

After we both got out of the military we moved to TN where his parents had just relocated. Our plan was to store our stuff there and finish our move in FL. That never happened and we ended up getting an apartment (still roommates) in TN. After a few months we decided that we actually wanted to be more than friends and started dating (yes I know, we did everything backwards! LOL). A little later we bought a house together. After dating for a little over a year he proposed to me at WDW, our first day of vacation in front of the castle about 15 min after park opening! :lovestruc

And here I am planning a wedding at one of my favorite places in the world! :bride:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter