DAS pre-registration live chat: How long should I expect to wait?

So I logged onto to chat around 7pm tonight. Around 11pm i first contact. Thru the runners of agents. Got some DAS times and was done around11:47pm

It was disappointing the return times were for times we won't be in the park since we need to leave anywhere between 1-3 because my kids can't take the whole day there. Slinky dog dash, the earliest return time was 4:30 in the afternoon. So I'm not sure if we will get to ride slinky. The online agent said we could modify when we got to guest relations, any one have success with that?

So I logged onto to chat around 7pm tonight. Around 11pm i first contact. Thru the runners of agents. Got some DAS times and was done around11:47pm

It was disappointing the return times were for times we won't be in the park since we need to leave anywhere between 1-3 because my kids can't take the whole day there. Slinky dog dash, the earliest return time was 4:30 in the afternoon. So I'm not sure if we will get to ride slinky. The online agent said we could modify when we got to guest relations, any one have success with that?

I've literally waited on Sat from 10am to 9pm.. then Sunday from 11am to 9:30pm, and now today logged on at 7am and I'm still waiting now at almost 4.... What happened when you got connected?? Does something come up in the chat?

I dearly apologize if this is truly easy to find and I'm just utterly inept, But where do we go to sign up to do the video chat? I'll be needing a DAS as we always do for my autistic son, but I'll need one too for a few of the ques. Obvz, we always did this in person before, but getting it out of the way in advance would be a good time saver. THANK YOU

I dearly apologize if this is truly easy to find and I'm just utterly inept, But where do we go to sign up to do the video chat? I'll be needing a DAS as we always do for my autistic son, but I'll need one too for a few of the ques. Obvz, we always did this in person before, but getting it out of the way in advance would be a good time saver. THANK YOU
Link to WDW DAS video chat for DAS Registration

There is also a DAS Changes thread stuck near the top of this board. That thread has been regularly updated with new informatio.
DAS Changes Summary

No problem. There is a lot of information to digest.
I tend to take at least a year off from the boards between trips that we do every other year. So catching up can be a bit much. You don't know what you don't know, and thoughts that never occurred to you before escape you to approach. Even the obvious ones. I know better to check pinned threads.... usually. I just can't explain my foggy brain anymore. ;)

I'm on hour 6: 7:55am to 2:05pm and will need to sign off in 2 so I can go home from work. I thought the weekday would be better but was wrong. I had tried over the weekend. I haven't even gotten the gatekeeper yet. This is grueling. I'll have to start over at the end of the queue another day.

3.5 hours and counting. 🙄 They really need to do better with this.

I know it is frustrating, but there are only a finite number of people to answer the phone/chat. Based on the newness of the procedure, the individual nature of each guest's situation and the scenarios that people are posting, I can see why they may take a long time with each caller. Hoping you get everything resolved as soon as possible!

I've literally waited on Sat from 10am to 9pm.. then Sunday from 11am to 9:30pm, and now today logged on at 7am and I'm still waiting now at almost 4.... What happened when you got connected?? Does something come up in the chat?
I found the chat window really frustrating. It kept like resetting and it would say press. Start button if you want to chat. It kept restarting and that start button popped up. I'm not sure what was up with that. I had to do that at least 20 times Sunday evening.

When I had an agent it Said the agents name and a hello. After that a few minutes it said we are ending the chat. I noticed about 5 minutes later. I replied, then the person popped back on and it began. Then there are some links you click on so they can get your information. There are 3 layers of people. The screener, then the video chat person, and then the das selection person

This was literally the worst experience EVER. I first started the chat on November 9th at around 1:30pm (all times in MST). Waited until 8pm (10pm EST) and never got through so that was that for the day. Tried again the next day and entered the chat at about 9:30am. At about 3:55pm that same day, I got a message to confirm the day of my first park reservation and if the person needing the service was available. I confirmed those things and was sent to the second waiting portion where you wait for the actual call. I waited for that again until 8 pm (10pm EST) and never got through. Took a couple days off. Then yesterday (Nov 14) my husband woke up at 5 am (7am EST) to try to be one of the first on there. We waited on chat literally all day (from 5am-8pm MST) and never even got to the eligibility part. Then today (Nov 15) I decided to try one more time. I entered the chat at about 9:15 am MST. At about 3pm MST, I received the eligibility message. I was confirmed and got sent to wait for the video chat again. After only about 30 minutes, someone responded and sent me the chat link. She asked me about how I would benefit, I explained my issue (which is rooted in mobility) and was denied immediately. I want to follow the rules and for the service to be available to the people who need it, but I find it incredibly frustrating that it doesn't say anywhere on the site that you will be denied for mobility issues. I even asked her if she could point out to me where on the site it says that, because I was totally willing to take ownership of it if it was a misread on my part. She looked for about 5 minutes then said "oh sorry, they must have removed it". I fully understand that a lot of people need this service that their issue is not mobility related - and I am glad it is there for them. And if I am not eligible, I understand that. Again, I want to follow the rules. I just find it frustrating that it doesn't say that anywhere on the site. Had I read that in the research I did prior, I would not have wasted over 40 HOURS OF MY LIFE WAITING ON THAT CHAT WINDOW. All it says is if you feel it will benefit you, which I absolutely do. I have a chronic issue that continues to get worse despite years of surgery. If that is not accepted, I don't think it should be advertised as "if you feel you would benefit". If you are going to make people wait over 40 hours to use your service, you need to be more clear with your expectations. Just wanted to share my experience for anyone else who is in a similar situation.

So how long is the wait to pre-register these days? My mom is the one who might qualify for DAS, but she doesn't live with me and works 80 hours a week, so I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to do this. She's not tech savvy, so I have to be there to guide her through the process.

We tried to pre-register on both Saturday and Sunday starting around 10:00am and both times the chat que was full and not taking any more people. So I tried on Monday at 1:00pm and kept getting disconnected every half hour. By 8:30pm, nothing. Still waiting. At this point, it's just not worth it. We'll register in the parks like we always do. We won't get the 2 advanced selections, but at this point, it doesn't make sense. Not a single ride is worth a day of waiting in a video chat que.

Do we think that Disney is actually working on trying to fix the IT issues and hire more people to improve this system? Or do we think they're actually happy to leave it as crappy as it is, so it'll deter people from using it and they won't have to issue as many "free FP+"?

So how long is the wait to pre-register these days? My mom is the one who might qualify for DAS, but she doesn't live with me and works 80 hours a week, so I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to do this. She's not tech savvy, so I have to be there to guide her through the process.
It may not be possible for you to do the pre-registration process; you may have to do it in the park instead.

What kind of questions are they asking? Is it different than the kinds of questions that were asked before in park? When I would get it in park it was 2/3 questions less than 5 minutes and I was done. The unknowns of this new process along with the crazy long wait and how difficult it is to relog in every 20ish minutes is just giving me a lot of anxiety.

What kind of questions are they asking? Is it different than the kinds of questions that were asked before in park? When I would get it in park it was 2/3 questions less than 5 minutes and I was done. The unknowns of this new process along with the crazy long wait and how difficult it is to relog in every 20ish minutes is just giving me a lot of anxiety.
The main thing whether in park or on chat is to be ready to explain (briefly) what issues you have that prevent/make it difficult to wait in the regular lines.

I signed on at 7:30 this morning on the website. Left it open on my phone on the app. Around 11:15 person responds but I miss it. They disconnect the chat. I tried to get back in get general guest relations. They say they will try to get me back in the queue. It just doesn't change. Go back to the website to use the request live chat button it launches the messenger but doesn't send any confirmation I'm in a queue. It just sits there. I called the disability services number. They don't know if I'm in a queue or not but they think I am. So I'm still sitting with it open In the chat. The request live chat button does nothing no matter what app, or devixe
I'm on but open a blank chat window that no one responds to. So frustrating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter