DAS Regn Problem?

Firepath

DIS Veteran
After 4 hrs, I had a video chat with someone. He said my DAS was expiring before my next trip. He didn't take my photo(maybe he used the one from last month) and he was transferring me to "Planning." Last month when they did that it took another couple of hours or so. Now I just have a white screen that says "Video Call" and I don't know what to do. Keep waiting or back out of it? It's almost like he didn't disconnect the video call. I seriously haven't showered for 3 days because I've been on hold with Disney. Now I don't even know if I'm registered!!

That happened to me multiple times- exit out, log back in (did it every thirty minutes, and I had to log in), over three days.

Finally I finished it. But when the CM apologized for these issues, he told me that demand far exceeded Disney’s expectations, and that they are bringing many more CMs into the DAS pre-registration after January 1, to deal with the amount of requests they will have.

That happened to me multiple times- exit out, log back in (did it every thirty minutes, and I had to log in), over three days.

Finally I finished it. But when the CM apologized for these issues, he told me that demand far exceeded Disney’s expectations, and that they are bringing many more CMs into the DAS pre-registration after January 1, to deal with the amount of requests they will have.
Very strange response. I'm sure Disney knows exactly how many DASs they normally issue. Unless people are trying to get around the "no free Fastpass", their numbers shouldn't be that far off.

Very strange response. I'm sure Disney knows exactly how many DASs they normally issue. Unless people are trying to get around the "no free Fastpass", their numbers shouldn't be that far off.

i don’t think it’s necessarily people trying to get around no free fastpass (though I’m certain there are some). I think there are people who managed without DAS previously using fastpass and then fastpass + who either feel they can’t based on the reports from people using genie+ or they don’t feel comfortable trying genie+ because it’s confusing.

i don’t think it’s necessarily people trying to get around no free fastpass (though I’m certain there are some). I think there are people who managed without DAS previously using fastpass and then fastpass + who either feel they can’t based on the reports from people using genie+ or they don’t feel comfortable trying genie+ because it’s confusing.

I think that’s a large part of it- plus unexpected crowds following the pandemic. The parks are currently mobbed, and it sounds like it’s going to continue as people rebook their cancelled vacations, and the borders are open so the UK and Canadians can come now. They are also still showing commercials promoting the 50th, as I see them on TV often. I think it’s a perfect storm of pent-up travel desires, the loosening of travel restrictions, the 50th anniversary, and people deciding that life is too short to wait to travel, to do it while you can.

We typically enjoy January but I have a feeling this January will be unlike the preceding ones!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter