DCA Day - OBB vs non OBB half day

RJstanis

Negative, I am a meat popsicle
Wanted people's advice or recommendation. 1 adult, 2 boys (9 and 11). Staying off property, hopefully walking distance, for 4 nights. We're rope droppers. Have 3 day standard tickets and OBB tickets. Doing 2 days at DL but debating on how to use DCA ticket as a half day (I know I'm killing value of full day ticket but wanted to do OBB since we're huge MNSHHP fans and it's like playing with house money since these are Covid 2020 kids special makeup tickets). Also, we've never been to DCA before.

Oct 2 sat- arrival
Oct 3 sun- DL
Oct 4 mon- DL
Oct 5 tues- OBB
Oct 6 wed- depart PM (LAX)

Option 1: Do DCA on day of party after doing 2 full days at DL, taking a quick mid day break before party

Option 2: Take a break Tues morning to sleep in, recoup, and OBB that afternoon/ night. Then do 0.5 day at DCA on Wed until we need to leave for flight. We would rope drop but poss not due to being up late night before.

Option 2 has been my plan, but debating 1. Our flight leaves from LAX around 630p I believe so I know we'll need traffic time

I’d probably do Option #1. Normally I would recommend Option #2 if you had another full at the park but you will need to leave early to get to LAX to catch your flight. So that really is half a day and I suspect DCA will be more crowded that Wednesday morning since everyone who spend that Tuesday at Disneyland will then want to spend the following day (Wednesday) at DCA.

Another vote for option 1. I can never enjoy myself in the parks knowing I have to leave by a certain time to catch a flight, especially one at LAX. Sounds like you’re taking a red eye flight. Ask for a late check out and sleep waaaay in on your departure day to prepare for that flight. Have a great time at DCA!

Yes unless your flight is 7pm or later, I’d choose option 1. Just don’t do any table service that day so you can maximise your time and have a decent break before the party.

No unfor
How late is your arrival on Saturday? Would it be possible to do your half day at DCA on Sat?

We get in around noon, but I'm working the night before so prob need to take a little nap in the room when we arrive (🤞for an early checkin)

Option 1 perhaps with a break. Take a midday break and don't feel the need to get to OBB at 3 (it's pretty crowded from 3-6 on OBB days.) I'd also consider a half day at DL on Tuesday with a full day at DCA on Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter