DCA Food & Wine 2020 Festival Superthread - Read First Post for Updates - Updated with Full Menus

Where is “outdoor vending cart”? And why doesn’t it have a name like the other booths?
It really is an ODV cart, just past the entrance to Paradise Gardens, on the left side. It looks like a turkey leg cart. See the post below.

If I recall the one from the Festival of the Holidays, it was literally a cart, like the popcorn carts. I almost missed it walking by coming out of the area. I also only saw it on weekends, which I thought was odd.

Are the Wine Pours & Beer Pours normal size or are they more samples or tastes like at WDW? Looking at the prices I know I can purchase full bottles for less then they are charging for the wines. And the beers are priced at least double what one would pay in a normal restaurant. Also how big are the servings in the Flights of Wines & Beers?

Are you kidding?! You only do Food and Wine once unprepared! I have this down to a science... I copy paste all the menu info from Disney food blog to a word doc after the festival opens and prices are out. Print it out and check off what I’m interested in. That’s obviously too much so when reviews start rolling out I re-evaluate list and highlight what I want as I narrow it down. Set it aside and then later I decide how much I’m buying/spending and slash my way down to that. I bring the paper (or a screenshot or updated pdf on my phone if I’m really on my game) to DCA and first thing I do is grab a passport and mark everything I’ve decided to try for easy reference through my trip.

For Epcot F&W I even pay a couple bucks on ebay for someone to mail me the passport so I can prep it before my trip!

#DisneyNerd
I love this!

Also, where is the Hollywood thing? Over in Hollywoodland somewhere?

Are the Wine Pours & Beer Pours normal size or are they more samples or tastes like at WDW? Looking at the prices I know I can purchase full bottles for less then they are charging for the wines. And the beers are priced at least double what one would pay in a normal restaurant. Also how big are the servings in the Flights of Wines & Beers?

I was wondering the same thing.

Are the Wine Pours & Beer Pours normal size or are they more samples or tastes like at WDW?

If I recall from the Festival, they were regular cup-style pours. I don't remember what the flights looked like, but I'd estimate about a 3-4 oz pour, to bring them in line with the single drinks.

If I recall from the Festival, they were regular cup-style pours. I don't remember what the flights looked like, but I'd estimate about a 3-4 oz pour, to bring them in line with the single drinks.
If this is the same style as the Holiday food carts then this is is correct.

Thanks for the responses. Makes the prices a tiny bit more palatable. Probably won't do any of the beer flights as I really don't care for most IPA's or Sours.

I just realized that no one has posted that the D23 Sip & Stroll event tickets went on sale late last week. $175 per person. They are having 4 sessions in total on two different days, 3/12 & 3/18.

D23 Sip and Stroll returns to the west coast with more opportunities for members than ever before, with two dates to choose from and more time to learn from the Disneyland Resort culinary team!

"D23 Members will enjoy a private reception at the Sonoma Terrace, where they will hear from Chef Jimmy Weita, Chef de Cuisine of the Festival, and get to taste a few of his favorite items while sipping a celebratory beverage.* Members will learn the team’s culinary inspiration and how they cook food that thrills guests throughout the park, and the discussion will end with a Q&A.

Guests will then have the opportunity to stroll along the festival corridor with their fellow members, equipped with a Food & Wine Festival $20 Gift Card to taste the culinary delights of California’s bounty.

In the afternoon, members will experience an all-new D23-exclusive— a hands-on cookie decorating lesson from the Disneyland Resort pastry team, featuring Pastry Chef Christina Orejel, where she will lead you through several techniques. Back at Sonoma Terrace, members will then be presented with an exclusive 2020 D23 Sip and Stroll apron as a special gift, turning them into honorary apprentice chefs ready to stretch their culinary creativity."

The wine/mimosa flights are embarrassingly small. Think a thimbleful each. Do not recommend.

Most of the wines are by the glass; they’re small but not ridiculous. I’ve had to (very politely) ask for a supervisor twice near the beginning of the festival when an anxious CM misinterprets their “two fingers high” direction and gives me a half inch of wine for like $15. Both times the supervisor poured more and kindly corrected the CM, so I felt like I was doing a service to all future buyers from that CM, ha! But anyway, YMMV there.

I don’t drink beer so haven’t paid attention to those.

The cocktails, I ask to see the size before I buy. Some are a full 12 oz cup; some are served in teeny cups that hold less than 6 oz.

Do we buy tickets ahead of time for the $25 tastings? Or is that a first come first served thing? Very interested in doing the Duckhorn tastings first weekend in April.

One of my best friends got married at the Malibu Rocky Oaks winery too so definitely interested in trying their wines again also.

Do we buy tickets ahead of time for the $25 tastings? Or is that a first come first served thing? Very interested in doing the Duckhorn tastings first weekend in April.

One of my best friends got married at the Malibu Rocky Oaks winery too so definitely interested in trying their wines again also.

Unlike Epcot F&W, few of the tastings or seminars at DCA will sell out. But if there is something you really want to go to, I would recommend purchasing those tickets ahead of time.

This is so silly but this festival is like Christmas to me!

I'm going this friday with some of my friends and I can't wait to enjoy a chill girls day just relaxing and enjoying ourselves :earsgirl:

Anyone else make a notepad file of all the food and drinks they want to try? Just me..okay then Haha;)
Are you kidding?! You only do Food and Wine once unprepared! I have this down to a science... I copy paste all the menu info from Disney food blog to a word doc after the festival opens and prices...

I'm just as bad! I already made a spreadsheet of the items from each of the booths and highlighted what I wanted to try (color coded) - also sorted it by which item is Sip & Savor eligible & price :laughing:

I love how excited people are about this! Everyone who's going for opening weekend: please report back on everything you try! DISers want to know! :)

I'm such a huge foodie as I'm just wrapping up Sonoma county restaurant week. Being alone will actually let me take some more time with pics and my own pace which I'm still intimidated by but trying to embrace!

I arrive Saturday around 3pm , probably be at the parks by 4:30pm. Kind of undecided if I'll hit food and wine for a late dinner or try going to Catal to try and get a patio table for fireworks since DH doesn't care for the food there.

I'll likely at minimum walk around DCA to get food both pics / merchandise shopping and make a plan for Sunday - Wednesday foods!

I'm such a huge foodie as I'm just wrapping up Sonoma county restaurant week. Being alone will actually let me take some more time with pics and my own pace which I'm still intimidated by but trying to embrace!

I arrive Saturday around 3pm , probably be at the parks by 4:30pm. Kind of undecided if I'll hit food and wine for a late dinner or try going to Catal to try and get a patio table for fireworks since DH doesn't care for the food there.

I'll likely at minimum walk around DCA to get food both pics / merchandise shopping and make a plan for Sunday - Wednesday foods!
Whatever you choose, sounds like fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter