DCA Food & Wine Festival 2023 Superthread - Read First Post for Updates - Now Updated with Full Menus

Disney made it super easy this year for the Sip and Savor menu in the app. Click view the guide for the Wine and Food Festival and you see the pic below. Then click the Sip & Savor menu.
View attachment 744786
According to that menu it looks like you can't use the pass for whatever food item or non-alcoholic drink you choose. They list just very limited choices at only 9 of the 12 booths and a few other options at some quick service locations or carts.

According to that menu it looks like you can't use the pass for whatever food item or non-alcoholic drink you choose. They list just very limited choices at only 9 of the 12 booths and a few other options at some quick service locations or carts.

Ignore that. You can use the tabs on any non alcoholic beverage and any food item. At Paradise Garden Grill, you can get a "tasting portion" of some items with a tab vs the full sized portion.

Ignore that. You can use the tabs on any non alcoholic beverage and any food item. At Paradise Garden Grill, you can get a "tasting portion" of some items with a tab vs the full sized portion.
Love the Paradise Garden Grill tab option. So fun!

It's a fun reference point. I hope Disney continues to evolve the info on the app. It can come in handy vs trying to piece it all together as you go on a park visit.

This is exactly why I asked. I saw the limited menu but watching the influencers on You Tube, they were ordering a range of foods not on the list for the pass, so I didn’t know if they were paying extra for those.

Some bloggers are still reporting that Disney Visa Card Holders are eligible for a discounted Sip & Savor Pass but not how to get said discounted pass. I read a post earlier today on FB from someone that they were told there was no discount for Disney Visa Card Holders and someone else reported that there hadn't been a Visa Card Holder discount on the Lunar New Year pass either.

I’ve seen it noted on a couple of sites that Disney Visa qualifies for a discount. One site provided detains on where to pick up the pass, and get a discount. Couldn’t find that article, but Disney Food Blog notes that:

“Note that the 2023 Food and Wine Sip and Savor Pass is ONLY good for the Food and Wine Festival. Although the tabs do not have to be used all in one visit, they expire on April 25th, 2023. Magic Key holders well as Disney VISA card holders and those with Disney Rewards Redemption cards, can present their valid pass and a photo ID to get a special price and lanyard.”

On the PlanDisney pages there was this response from last year :

“I am happy to share that Disney Visa Cardholders do get a discount on the Sip and Savor Pass for the Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival. Please bring your Disney Visa Card or Disney Rewards Redemption card along with a photo ID to receive your discount and exclusive festival lanyard. Sip and Savor Passes can be purchased at the Sip and Savor Cart, as well as:

-Elias & Co.
-Festival Gifts
Festival Marketplaces
-Julius Katz & Sons
-Rushin' River Outfitters
-Seaside Souvenirs”

Can anyone without a Magic Key please verify that Disney Visa Reward Card Holders can actually purchase the Sip & Savor Pass at the Discounted Price? I've only seen one third party source report that non Magic Key holders get the discount.
The Disney Rewards Visa site does not list any discount.

So I asked TODAY IN PERSON and was informed that Disney Visa DO NOT receive discounts on the pass , only Magic Key holders. So if you have someone going that is a MK holder they can buy one for you.
Alternatively Best Buy and Target Red Card holders can buy disney gift cards for 5% off and can use that for payment.

It has been an exhausting but super fun few days at the Disneyland Resort ! Let's recap what I tried !

20230306_193604.jpg
Smoked Cherry Mezcal-iki Cocktail 12/10!
This drink was literally the best thing I've had at a DCA Food and Wine festival in awhile. Great cherry flavor but bourbon is there but not too much for everyone, but still not sugary. It gave me a buzz lol.le

20230306_203811.jpg

Left : Raspberry Limoncello-ade
Limoncello, Grapefruit liquer , House made mint syrup , Raspberry syrup, lemon juice garnished with white orchid
7.5/10

Decent flavor but felt a little too sweet to me and I love Limoncello, got more Raspberry than syrup overall bit still tasty.

Right : Guava Lychee Mule
Vodka ,guava nectar , ginger and lychee syrups, lemon juice topped with Guava and Grapefruit Hars cider garnished with lemon wheel
9/10

This was SUPER refreshing even at night so during a warm day it would be perfect! I did find the vodka sank to the bottom so last few sips were uh..interesting but I love vodka lol.

20230306_204152.jpg
Just me with both drinks ;)

20230307_134209.jpg

Peppers Caliente :
Camerones a la Diabla - Left
Spicy Shrimp with California chile and Cilantro rice.
9/10

VERY spicy sauce but it doesn't overpower yhe shrimp at all. Shrimp were plump and well cooked with just enough "bite" as not to be too soft or mushy. Sauce went extremely well with the rice !

Chile Relleno Empanada with Arbol Pepper Salsa and Oaxaca & Cotija Cheeses
6/10

There's nothing wrong with this as an empanada I just get local ones and chile relleno on evrry corner where I live by authentic family recipes.
The sauce is what makes it and salt definitely helps. Crust would have liked to be a little bit crisper , felt more baked than fried to me.

Close up of Shrimp20230307_134213.jpg

20230307_134216.jpg
Close up of Empanada

20230307_134230.jpg
Cantarito-Style Paloma

Reposado Tequila, Habanero-infused Pineapple Juice, Lime Juice, Rock Melon Syrup and Fresca®, garnished with a Pineapple Wheel and Chile-Lime Seasoning

11/10

Listen Disney , at this rate you're gonna turn me into a Tequila girl which I am NOT, lol.
Last time I did Tequila shots with the Disney Day Drinkers group in January at Disney World I got my first hangover in 25 years..but I digress ;)

This was not spicy as you may expect but more of a good kick. Very refreshing as it's not so Tequila forward that you lose the citrus and Pineapple. Actually it paired amazing with the spicy shrimp from the same stand. I could have easily had another. I had multiple people ask me about it , as the stand is by GRR many people seem to forget about it so don't miss it !

20230307_140626.jpg
Smoked Honey-Habanero Chicken Wings

Chicken Wings tossed in Honey-Habanero Seasoning

10000/10!!!

Just get these , do not pass go , do not collect $200 , just get these and get them EARLY . Best thing I had at the festival so far and I didn't have that much , however across the board people were going back for these all day and night. The skin is crispy and seasoned well. Chicken is cooked through well and somewhat moist but not to the point its underdone at all. These are also not greasy and the seasoning stays put where it belongs , on the wings ! Don't be afraid of the habanero , the honey and habanero is actually sweet naturally so they were literally gone in about three minutes lol.
20230307_140650.jpg
Close up of Wings

I'll be back in April to finish out the food festival with my boyfriend as this was a quick trip to go to Princess Nite as well.
Flying back hone as we speak but hope this helps !

So I asked TODAY IN PERSON and was informed that Disney Visa DO NOT receive discounts on the pass , only Magic Key holders. So if you have someone going that is a MK holder they can buy one for you.
Alternatively Best Buy and Target Red Card holders can buy disney gift cards for 5% off and can use that for payment.
That’s too bad. First year we’ll make it to this event, and Disney Visa doesn’t support the discount. :(

There are already pretty limited benefits to the card - guess they think they have enough of a captive audience that they don’t need to make much of an effort.

It has been an exhausting but super fun few days at the Disneyland Resort ! Let's recap what I tried !

View attachment 744986
Smoked Cherry Mezcal-iki Cocktail 12/10!
This drink was literally the best thing I've had at a DCA Food and Wine festival in awhile. Great cherry flavor but bourbon is there but not too much for everyone, but still not sugary. It gave me a buzz lol.le

View attachment 744987

Left : Raspberry Limoncello-ade
Limoncello, Grapefruit liquer , House made mint syrup , Raspberry syrup, lemon juice garnished with white orchid
7.5/10

Decent flavor but felt a little too sweet to me and I love Limoncello, got more Raspberry than syrup overall bit still tasty.

Right : Guava Lychee Mule
Vodka ,guava nectar , ginger and lychee syrups, lemon juice topped with Guava and Grapefruit Hars cider garnished with lemon wheel
9/10

This was SUPER refreshing even at night so during a warm day it would be perfect! I did find the vodka sank to the bottom so last few sips were uh..interesting but I love vodka lol.

View attachment 744988
Just me with both drinks ;)

View attachment 744989

Peppers Caliente :
Camerones a la Diabla - Left
Spicy Shrimp with California chile and Cilantro rice.
9/10

VERY spicy sauce but it doesn't overpower yhe shrimp at all. Shrimp were plump and well cooked with just enough "bite" as not to be too soft or mushy. Sauce went extremely well with the rice !

Chile Relleno Empanada with Arbol Pepper Salsa and Oaxaca & Cotija Cheeses
6/10

There's nothing wrong with this as an empanada I just get local ones and chile relleno on evrry corner where I live by authentic family recipes.
The sauce is what makes it and salt definitely helps. Crust would have liked to be a little bit crisper , felt more baked than fried to me.

Close up of ShrimpView attachment 744990

View attachment 744991
Close up of Empanada

View attachment 744992
Cantarito-Style Paloma

Reposado Tequila, Habanero-infused Pineapple Juice, Lime Juice, Rock Melon Syrup and Fresca®, garnished with a Pineapple Wheel and Chile-Lime Seasoning

11/10

Listen Disney , at this rate you're gonna turn me into a Tequila girl which I am NOT, lol.
Last time I did Tequila shots with the Disney Day Drinkers group in January at Disney World I got my first hangover in 25 years..but I digress ;)

This was not spicy as you may expect but more of a good kick. Very refreshing as it's not so Tequila forward that you lose the citrus and Pineapple. Actually it paired amazing with the spicy shrimp from the same stand. I could have easily had another. I had multiple people ask me about it , as the stand is by GRR many people seem to forget about it so don't miss it !

View attachment 744993
Smoked Honey-Habanero Chicken Wings

Chicken Wings tossed in Honey-Habanero Seasoning

10000/10!!!

Just get these , do not pass go , do not collect $200 , just get these and get them EARLY . Best thing I had at the festival so far and I didn't have that much , however across the board people were going back for these all day and night. The skin is crispy and seasoned well. Chicken is cooked through well and somewhat moist but not to the point its underdone at all. These are also not greasy and the seasoning stays put where it belongs , on the wings ! Don't be afraid of the habanero , the honey and habanero is actually sweet naturally so they were literally gone in about three minutes lol.
View attachment 744994
Close up of Wings

I'll be back in April to finish out the food festival with my boyfriend as this was a quick trip to go to Princess Nite as well.
Flying back hone as we speak but hope this helps !
Thank you soooo much for this review! What booths seemed to have the longest lines?

Does anyone know what any of the kid friendly events are? I heard in years previous there was a kids cupcake decorating event. Anything similar being offered this year? Haven’t heard anything about events for the kids…

Does anyone know what any of the kid friendly events are? I heard in years previous there was a kids cupcake decorating event. Anything similar being offered this year? Haven’t heard anything about events for the kids…
7A5EE862-DA5D-4D2E-9B47-32B8183E28CA.jpeg
Chef Goofy is also out for photos and then there are all of the scheduled culinary demonstrations that you can find on the app.

I’ve seen it noted on a couple of sites that Disney Visa qualifies for a discount. One site provided detains on where to pick up the pass, and get a discount. Couldn’t find that article, but Disney Food Blog notes that:

“Note that the 2023 Food and Wine Sip and Savor Pass is ONLY good for the Food and Wine Festival. Although the tabs do not have to be used all in one visit, they expire on April 25th, 2023. Magic Key holders well as Disney VISA card holders and those with Disney Rewards Redemption cards, can present their valid pass and a photo ID to get a special price and lanyard.”
Not the first time Disney Food Blog has posted erroneous information. This is why I check multiple sources to try to verify.

What time do the booths open?
1030am and as stated above can be around that time give or take , however that's the official time listed in the app.
Thank you soooo much for this review! What booths seemed to have the longest lines?
Garlic Kissed and Cluck a Doodle Moo by FAR !

Because of this try to order everything from one booth and save your receipt for pickup later.
However sometimes if items are running low , they may limit which items can be ordered ahead and not at the booth.

The Winemaker’s Reception with Kurt Russell last night was pretty amazing. It was a three+ hour event with paired wine and food tasting. He spent the evening talking about his inspiration for GoGi wine, the process, each of the wine pairings and his passion for growing grapes. Chef Sutton and Chef Flores were on hand all evening as well, describing the food and the flavors used to pair with the accompanying wine.

I’m still basking in the glow about how special this event was…

083C2DE0-C3E6-4EB3-8865-2FBD8E827ABA.jpeg
114B0BB0-2D4F-489B-BAA2-F4C6FFFEB93A.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter