DCL Confessions

My awful confession: I cruised a few times when I was 18 and 19, and I was... bored. :( Not that I didn't LOVE the experience, I did! The dining, the shows, even the parties were amazing. Castaway Cay is the best place ever. But when you're too old for the teen club and too young for the bars (and your family won't do ANYTHING except maybe go to the basketball court for 30 minutes-- I went to all the shows alone), it's tough. That said, it's been many years since I cruised and I can't wait to go back and introduce my soon-to-be-DH to DCL. We can't afford it anytime soon, but the idea of 'starting over' with cruising, of being able to enjoy the adult areas, of being able to do a scavenger hunt or an onboard seminar without the 'Why? That's dumb,' attitudes of family... it sounds wonderful. :) Someday.

Hopefully you will be able to make this trip soon. I think you will have a great time.

My confession... I just dont get when adults are all excited about the "signing by the characters" thing. :confused3 I want to scream "The characters are not REAL!". I imagine a bunch of DCL employees dreading signing the endless pillowcases and mats for photos. Do you think they have to take special classes to learn to "write like Cinderella" or "do a sad Eeyore signature" ? Ok, my rant is over...........

Actually they do have to master those signatures. They also take multiple classes to learn how to speak, behave, and not skip a beat at answering anyone's questions. It is very intense as much for fur as it is face. I am a former CM and know what they go thru. And yes, when you meet a Disney character--be it goofy, Mickey, Smee, or Ariel they are truly those characters.

I had the audacity to sit on my husband's knee, in a bar, well after 11 at night. Was then lectured that "don't y'all realise that this is a Disney Cruise"?! Guess that public displays of affection are frowned upon by some, whereas arguements are not!

Oh no!! God forbid!! How dare ya'll!! HAHAHAHAHAHA, Whatever...those people need to get over themselves. That they need to worry about what others are doing in a BAR close to midnight, on a cruise no less!? Shame on ya'll!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I will never confess. All h e double hockey sticks would break out. I'm taking it to my grave.

Okay, twist my arm. I don't smoke but it didn't stop me from asking the bartenders for those adorable cute little match boxes with the DCL logo on it. They are so cute!

And I love taking those adorable cute glass paper topper thingys. (The ones that cover the glasses in the bathroom.) I put them over my wine glasses up in the cupboard. I obviously have a hard time throwing away anything that has a DCL logo on it. Shameful.

I asked every server, bartender, whoever, "can I keep this pen?" I LOVE my DCL pens! :flower3: (Pen hoarder right here!)

I brought an iron and it caught on fire and I just threw it overboard.

Just kidding. :lmao: Just seeing if anyone was reading this. No one at home ever listens to me...so, I just thought I'd check here. :rotfl: :p :joker:

Actually, the thing with the iron would be the smartest thing to do I would think. 'Specially if you're by the balcony when you were ironing.

Love this thread so we've had a fire, theft, drink and a confession of murder :eek:

well we might as well go the whole hog and add seduction to the list ;)

so ok i here goes ......

i confess

pre cruise i really fancied a suite ~ dh didn't and no matter how many sweet nothings i whispered about free pre dinner cocktails he just wasn't taking the bait, i whispered lovely things like suite darling, jaccuzi tub pre dinner drinkies and he replied something along the lines of double dip recession and the car needs servicing :crazy2:

so i resorted to underhand tactics

i cooked that special man of mine a gorgeous steak dinner, topped up his beer like a good wife does and changed from my usual jeans and tees into the shortest sexiest dress i own and with some killer heels what can i say the man was putty :lmao:

Haha!! Very nice!! :rotfl2::rotfl2: I'd be putty too if my DW to be did that. But I'd also say "What the hell, why not" (Pardon my french). So she prolly wouldn't have to work that hard. But Still, this is hilarious!!

We sailed on the Dream this past New Year's, and on NYE they were handing out free champagne in these really nice heavy duty plastic champagne flutes that had blue stems and the DCL logo and New Year's Eve 2012. My mother and I decided on the way back to the room to collect some of the ones left behind. We have a set of 8, and to this day mom will open the cupboard, see them, and sigh that we should have thought to make it a set of 12 XD

Same cruise, my brother and I were playing shuffle board, and he sent one hard as he could to try to knock mine out. Needless to say, he missed, and it went flying down the deck to the absolute other end of the ship, past a lot of very amused guests. Same game he also bounced one weirdly and almost sent it over the side. Yikes!

Love this thread!

I somehow sent one over the side on accident. It took a weird bounce, landed on its side and rolled off the deck between the post and the railing. I couldn't have done it if I tried! My son and I ran away like a couple of school kids thinking we were gonna get in trouble. We laughed all the way back to our room. When we told my wife she just rolled her eyes like we were idiots.

I love reading these confessionals. I have been reading for two days and haven't mad it all the way through. Here goes mine... (taking deep breath)... I booked a veranda room just so I could sit outside and drink my coffee nekked. There, I said it and I own it.

Sorry if I ruined anyone's plans for sitting on a veranda because now you're going to be wondering if the last person that had the cabin sat naked in it.

Love it and great idea!

OOOOH - This is going to hurt, but here goes anyway

We have a granddaughter that doesn't like her food to touch. When she eats dinner at our house, she gets to use this plate:
th_IMG_5313.jpg
IMG_5313.jpg

or -
She gets to use this plate:
IMG_5320.jpg

IMG_5320.jpg

To be fair, we picked up a snack at a buffet and told the dish-hander-outer CM that we were taking it to our room, and that we were considering stealing it because our granddaughter would love it. He said to go ahead. Of course, now we know they never say no,and the second one -from the Fantasy (is a bit more blatant), but still...:cool1:

BTW - we do have two AP butter knives from the Fantasy, but we bought them in the shop.

OMG!!! I LOVE those plates!! WANT please!? Haha.

Narnian_Princess said:
My awful confession: I cruised a few times when I was 18 and 19, and I was... bored. :( Not that I didn't LOVE the experience, I did! The dining, the shows, even the parties were amazing. Castaway Cay is the best place ever. But when you're too old for the teen club and too young for the bars (and your family won't do ANYTHING except maybe go to the basketball court for 30 minutes-- I went to all the shows alone), it's tough.

That said, it's been many years since I cruised and I can't wait to go back and introduce my soon-to-be-DH to DCL. We can't afford it anytime soon, but the idea of 'starting over' with cruising, of being able to enjoy the adult areas, of being able to do a scavenger hunt or an onboard seminar without the 'Why? That's dumb,' attitudes of family... it sounds wonderful. :) Someday.

I thought you only had to be 18 for the bars? Not to drink of course, but to dance. :)

We are cruising on the Allure if the Seas with DH's family Thanksgiving week. We've only ever sailed DCL. The only reason we're going is because its DH's family and they'll never sail w/Disney. None of us are excited. The teenagers actually have asked us several times if we can cancel. Its so pitiful. So where's my confession in this???? Well, DH came up with the idea that we should make sure we have enough DCL shirts that we can each wear one every day of the cruise on Allure. We actually spent a few hundred $$ on our teen-free Fantasy cruise last week making sure we have tshirts covered. We'll bring our DCL lanyards, drink from Disney tumblers, etc. So now we're getting a little excited..... LOL!

We are cruising on the Allure if the Seas with DH's family Thanksgiving week. We've only ever sailed DCL. The only reason we're going is because its DH's family and they'll never sail w/Disney. None of us are excited. The teenagers actually have asked us several times if we can cancel. Its so pitiful. So where's my confession in this???? Well, DH came up with the idea that we should make sure we have enough DCL shirts that we can each wear one every day of the cruise on Allure. We actually spent a few hundred $$ on our teen-free Fantasy cruise last week making sure we have tshirts covered. We'll bring our DCL lanyards, drink from Disney tumblers, etc. So now we're getting a little excited..... LOL!

Feeling the pixie dust love!

I am really interested to hear you compare Allure & Fantasy, so kiss n tell when you get back!

And I would love to see the fam wearing DCL shirts all over RCI! Gotta post some photos of that. :thumbsup2

Everyone says the teens love Allure more than DC. I guess you will find out...

Hi Tianni.....we live in Abita Springs, LA, not far from Slidell. Your signature shows "Fantasy 2013"....have you already been? We are sailing on the Fantasy in October 2013....counting down the days. Have previously sailed the Magic and the Dream. Loved both of them and I'm sure we will love the Fantasy too. So excited!

Hi Tianni!! Hi Abitagirl916!!! My family and I (Dmom, DSisters, and DBrother) went on the Fantasy in February...it was WONDERFUL!!! You two will NOT be disappointed. Main reason I'm posting though is I too am in SE Louisiana. Mandeville here!! Small world huh??

Hi Tianni!! Hi Abitagirl916!!! My family and I (Dmom, DSisters, and DBrother) went on the Fantasy in February...it was WONDERFUL!!! You two will NOT be disappointed. Main reason I'm posting though is I too am in SE Louisiana. Mandeville here!! Small world huh??

Hi Cruisin'Nick.....I live in Abita Springs, but I work in Mandeville at Banner Ford. Small world indeed. So looking forward to cruising on the Fantasy. Have already cruised on the Magic and the Dream. Need to try to sail on the Wonder sometime.

There must be some mistake. You see, he's MY husband! :p

(Although we may have to split up soon... My DFiance will become my DH in 9 days and he would take exception to me being married to anyone else. ;) *sigh* It was nice while it lasted!)

CONGRATS ON WEDDING!! Hope everything goes perfect for ya'll!!!

We'd only been on board the Magic 20 minutes and we already had a set of 6 Mickey soft drink glasses stashed ready for home from Topsiders.:rolleyes1
We seem to have some of those too, and I don't know how it happened. :rolleyes: We were warned about the towel-sniffing dogs at debarkation though. ;)

BUMP! These have been too entertaining not to share and have new stories added. Leaving on my first DCL on the Wonder this Sunday and I'm hoping to have a good story to add!!

I wore a Cast Member Aloha shirt from Enchanted Tiki Room with my tux for formal night at Remy.

Ok so here is mine:

My sister collects sea shells, I found a really pretty one on Castaway Cay that I wanted to bring home to her. I asked my daughter how I could get it back on the ship without them scanning my bag and seeing it. Okay... and at my 19 year old daughters suggestion, I put it in my bathing suit top. :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter