DCL Confessions

I guess I would see it very differently. I am the type who sees a tired mom with sleeping child in my spot I would ask if she needed anything and if she could continue to watch my chairs while I run to get a drink. Buys me more time. Could have made a new friend.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

having 4 little ones of my own I would of done the same thing. :goodvibes

Your attitude is why people from NY get bad reputations. :worried:

Ouch!! I am from upstate, and I mean upstate as in a 60 minute drive from Montreal, and I hope we are not all put in the same group just because we are from NY. I have encountered lots of nasty people from all over the globe, it doesn't really matter where you live, there is always at least one in the bunch. ;)

Ahhh....I feel better now knowing I'm not the only one that goes on DCL without their kids. DH and I took a 3 night last week but we didn't tell them we were going anywhere. They weren't home all week so we didn't tell them anything. Ignorance is bliss...... :rolleyes1[/QUOTE]

:worship: You are my heros! :rotfl:

On our last Dream cruise, DH and I were sound asleep 2 hours before DS 14 came "home" from Vibe. He came in just as I woke up at 2am to go to the bathroom, and we didn't know he wasn't there.

Bad mom!

Ditto here! Last January on the Magic, our 13 year old came back to the cabin to find us sound asleep at midnight. Oops :confused3

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Last cruise, I had to ask my host for more because he didn't re-supply with each service until I asked. Then I got lots! :)

Our host was stingy with the h2o stuff, and I was sad. I used the first one and he never replaced it until I asked. When I asked for more after that, he was reluctant. I thought it was a cruise thing. When we had stayed at the GF, I put it in my suitcase everyday and mouse keeping always gave me a new set the next day.

Maybe it was just my host?

I'm entertained by the public bathrooms with the mirrored ceilings in the adult district... especially after a night of drinking. :rotfl2:

So, I promise I have never done it, but every time I'm on a cruise I have to talk myself out of it.

When I walk the halls at night and all the room service trays are sitting in the hallway....I want to take the Blue/White placemats. They would look so cute on my dining room table.:scratchin

1) went and checked if I could book exotic razul for my cruise next month after seeing everyones confessions :)

2) sat on the balcony every day in a tshirt and underwear but I did have the blanket with me if people came out next door or we were in port so no one saw anything...except the cameras I guess according to other posts.

3) Agree also with the feminine hygiene bags and feel embarrassed about it!

4) Drank my wine and mixed drinks all over the ship in my own cups but was too scared to bring it to the dining room

5) Booked another cruise while on our first and when we got home we decided a year was too long to wait and booked another one 2 weeks later for halfway in between!

6) Took my heels off and walked around barefoot up the stairs to our room bc my feet were so swollen and uncomfortable.

7) Went for my honeymoon and got mad at DH when he didn't want to try to play the match your mate game and by the end he wished we'd played bc we had all the same answers as each other!

8) Talked my mother into coming on our cruise with us next month and I love her and do everything with her but starting to regret it since me and DH may not have as much alone time as we'd like...and hoping she won't book another cruise without taking me along!! lol

Loving this thread and I'm sure there's plenty more I'll think of!!

Our first cruise ever- DCL or any other line- is this fall. I hope to join the veranda club, although as private and modest as my wife is, the best I can hope for is a sea day, at night, at probably 3 a.m. when everyone else should be in their rooms asleep. I will probably also have to construct some kind of temporary enclosure with multiple layers that will prevent anyone seeing us from a neighboring veranda with binoculars, night vision, or infra-red. It will also have to prevent pictures taken by spy satellites.

Come to think of it, forget it. Joining the club isn't worth all of that trouble.

DH and I attempted this on our last cruise. I say attempted due to:

Baby was asleep. DH and I were on the verandah. We started playing. DS8 comes into the room and out onto verandah. We heard him come in since we had the verandah doors open in case the baby woke up. DS talks to us for awhile and then says he is going back to the kids clubs. He leaves and closes the verandah door. DH and I decide we are going to pick up where we left off, but after I reopen the door, in case baby wakes up. I then find out the door is locked!!! There goes all ideas of joining "the club" and instead we start screaming in hopes that someone else has their verandah open nearby and can get us help. Thank goodness someone one deck up heard us!!

I confess I am a goody two shoes. I've never taken food off of the ship (even packaged foods.) I follow the written dress codes. I put my bags out when we're supposed to. I tip at or above expected levels. I keep my kids out of the quiet cove even if it means backtracking and going downstairs to avoid it. I don't save seats in the theatre. And yes, I still have a wonderful cruise!

Boring! Jk! Live on the edge a little!

in between cruises, i use all of the h20 products i take home, but i save the bottles. Then i take the empties with me, and put them out in place of the full ones each day, putting those in my luggage to take home. :cool1:

genius!

DH and I attempted this on our last cruise. I say attempted due to:

Baby was asleep. DH and I were on the verandah. We started playing. DS8 comes into the room and out onto verandah. We heard him come in since we had the verandah doors open in case the baby woke up. DS talks to us for awhile and then says he is going back to the kids clubs. He leaves and closes the verandah door. DH and I decide we are going to pick up where we left off, but after I reopen the door, in case baby wakes up. I then find out the door is locked!!! There goes all ideas of joining "the club" and instead we start screaming in hopes that someone else has their verandah open nearby and can get us help. Thank goodness someone one deck up heard us!!

This made me giggle.

But I know that feeling of locking a baby in a car - absolute panic!

Do people really make woopi on the balconies? That's like doing it on the beach, so uncomfortable, no way I could enjoy it. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

on my first cruise I was 18 and my cousin was 15 we went into the movie theater when it wasn't playing any movies and she dressed as ariel and went on stage and sang Part of your world she was so afraid someone would walk in while i caught it all on video but once we watched it at home we realized it was to dark so you only hear singing lol but we have the memories

Our host was stingy with the h2o stuff, and I was sad. I used the first one and he never replaced it until I asked. When I asked for more after that, he was reluctant. I thought it was a cruise thing. When we had stayed at the GF, I put it in my suitcase everyday and mouse keeping always gave me a new set the next day.

Maybe it was just my host?

Our host was super stingy as well. We had 3 staterooms with 12 people. When we told our host we need more shampoo and shower gel, he told us not to worry about it. He measured the tube and when it is 1/4 left, he will give us a new one. Give me a break! 1/4 left to be used for 4 people before we got a new one!!!!! I told him that we paid almost 10,000 for a room and running out of shampoo during a shower is the last thing we want to worry about. He then gave us new set of shampoo for ONE out of the 3 rooms!!!!!!!!! He also complained that we make him miss his lunch break, that we make him not being able to go off the ship because he had to clean up our rooms. We found out that he has a girl friend and wanted to go with her to places when the ship is docked. I was so unhappy with him that I don't want to book the same cat again because I don't want to see him again.

You give them a $5 and say you want to be kept in shampoo. Wishes granted. No need to berate them with how much you paid for the cruise.

I have another confession and it's a Biggie: I don't care for Castaway Cay.

It's a very nice island but I can never get a chair or hammock (always people hogging them even when they're not using them), it's crowded, the water is cold (Bahamas), and the picnic lunch isn't good.

We have sailed 10 times and never missed it. We used to enjoy the day on the ship and see a movie, have a Nice lunch, etc... But they cut back on this whichever was a huge bummer.

I've never wanted a formal picture with the Captain. :rolleyes1 Never have taken one with the Captain.

With all the lines, I'd rather just have my family in the picture. I love walking down my hallway, seeing all our portraits and don't have to think - whatshisname? Just the way I think, plus they are so expensive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter