DCL Confessions

I don't blame you at all. Grrr.

When we were pulling into port on the St. Maarten day, my DH and I were out on the verandah watching, with lots of other people out on theirs. Including, apparently, someone who was smoking. You could smell it bad.

I stuck my head out and said, loudly, "Whoever is smoking, you do know you're absolutely not supposed to on your verandah, right? If you do know, you also know there's a huge fine if you're caught, if it's reported, RIGHT?" There was some scattered chuckles from bystanders, and I think my DH was embarrassed I was making a fuss, but I didn't smell smoke out on the verandah again.

(There's no one worse about smoking than an ex-smoker, believe me. :cool1:)

:cool1::worship:

I am surprised that no one has confessed to cutting queue so far... I am confessing on behalf of a family.

There was a long queue to get off the ship to a port (I think, can't remember what the queue was for), all the way from the lobby to Animator's Palate. DH and I were in the queue around Triton's. A family of four came from nowhere and stood around the corridor, then somehow made their way to be in front of us in the queue. Now I am from Asia so I know how to form a tight line, but they were good. I think I wouldn't mind so much if the mother did not have this sullen look on her face and obviously trying to avoid any eye contact due to guilt.

My own confession on this is that after that whenever I bumped into them on the ship, I would turn to my DH and say "Oh look, that's the family that don't know how to queue up", not loud enough of course.

On our first 7 night Western Med. cruise my DD 5 was hooked on seeing the Beast. We talked to great staff at the Concierge Desk throughout those days wanting to know where he was and were told "he was at his castle in France." Because of the friendships we made with the Concierge desk staff, our dining room servers and other staff, we received a lot of "magic" on that cruise, i.e. a Disney basketball underneath our bed before we disembarked, free bottles of hot sauce (like about 6 large bottles) since my husband was hooked on it during the dinners, and free photos from Shutters. We found out if you are kind and considerate, and ultimately genuine with talking to people and showing interest in them, there's really no limit to what "magic" you might find.

The veranda club?!? Is this a real thing?!? I may have to join when we go on our cruise in October did our 10 year. ;)

The Veranda Club is similar to the Mile High Club. You exercise your marital rights / activities on the veranda..........usually at sea and at night.

diznymom said:
The Veranda Club is similar to the Mile High Club. You exercise your marital rights / activities on the veranda..........usually at sea and at night.

Our neighbors one cruise missed the at night part, and didn't seem to mind that DW was laying out on our verandah next to them, or that she was making enough noise to let them know she was out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Note2 using DISBoards

DH likes to sit on the veranda and enjoy his coffee in the very early morning...au naturel. Usually no one is up and about yet while he is doing this. However, the young adult woman next door decided to poker her head around the barrier one morning, and exclaimed to the world..."Oh, my god, he's n@ked!!!!".

LMAO!!! That's what she gets for being nosey!

Our neighbors one cruise missed the at night part, and didn't seem to mind that DW was laying out on our verandah next to them, or that she was making enough noise to let them know she was out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Note2 using DISBoards

LOL...that's so cool...I'd have leaned against the rail as if watching the ocean and made sure they'd seen me and wait for the reaction..:lmao:
I like the veranda club name but not as much as mile high club.
should be re christened to something like the open seas club or the high ocean club.. would be fun with kids coming back from the clubs: "daddy the oceaneers club was awesome, what did you and mommy do?... we joined a club too, the high oceans club"... :rotfl:

If you give a gift to your concierge staff it might be re-gifted :)

On my last cruise I was sitting in the CL on the Fantasy talk to one of the concierge staff because I wanted to show them a cool new hand painted bottle of tequila(Maestro Tequilero). I was told to hold on a sec by the CS and he comes back with a VERY nice bottle of tequila and gave it to me. I was told they can accept liquor as a gift but the person that gave it to them would not allow them to give it back. :cool1:

I am with you in regards to Pirate Night. Time for it to go bye bye. As for sailaway, been there done that but I think its good for first time cruisers. I am usually at the hot tub. Ok as for my confessions. I can't stand Animators Palette. Now I have only been on the classics, but if you know anything about stage lighting you will know how it's done and it's the oldest trick in the book. Simple change from foreground to background lighting. Ho hum. I so think Palo dinner is way, way, way overrated

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

My daughter is terrified of Animator's Palate! She is really shy and doesn't want Crush to talk to her (she's almost 8yrs old).

Omg I can't even imagine all the entertainment that security sees on the cameras each night. Everyone does know they can see everything, right?

Omg I can't even imagine all the entertainment that security sees on the cameras each night. Everyone does know they can see everything, right?

I thought that was part of the "appeal"? :rotfl:
(NB: we never get staterooms with a verandah, so it's pure speculation on my part ;) )

They do, after all, have to have entertainment for the company parties, right?

On our 2011 inaugural Dream cruise, DH and I went to a movie after the late dining seating, but DD who was 17 had some motion sickness and wanted to return to our cabin and lay down. I said she had better deadbolt the door because the people who work on the ship can open the door with their pass keys (paranoid mom).

Of course when DH and I returned from the movie, she was sound asleep and couldn't hear our pounding on the door and calling her name....although surely our neighbors could. Our room keys did no good with the deadbolt locked.

We went to the front desk for help....they couldn't help, but seemed concerned that we had a balcony cabin with a girl inside who wouldn't answer. They got one of the captains to try the door....no luck. Finally they summoned a couple of maintenance guys, and I'm pretty sure they had to wake them up. They were prepared to remove the lock, but fortunately didn't have to, as they had a key that would unlock just about anything on board, so they opened the door and we could get in. See? Paranoid mom was right!

First, I love it. popcorn:: I finally feel like I am not the worst cruiser ever.
Ok my list (partial)
1. I love room service but the person I traveled with hates it. So on my last trip I would wait until everyone else was asleep order it and then leave the tray outside someone else's door.
2. I don't sleep well so I did laundry a couple of times. At 2:45 in the morning. In my nightgown. With out underwear. In bare feet. :laundy:
3. (remember no judging) I smoke and since I am up half the night anyway, I go and sit on deck 4 in the pm smoking section- there are no chairs. On the deck in my laundry outfit, and I read, and smoke, and drink Southern Comfort and ice tea in my big travel mug for hours at a time.

My daughter is terrified of Animator's Palate! She is really shy and doesn't want Crush to talk to her (she's almost 8yrs old).
Now that I have been on the Dream I will NEVER eat in Animators on rotation night again on the new ships. I found the crush thing soooooooo annoying while I am trying to eat. Crush tried to talk to me and finally I got so annoyed I said please be quiet I am trying to eat. Oh how I hated that place.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter