DCL Confessions

Thanks for the comment on Palo, I thought maybe I was the only one that wasn't impressed with it. We regularly eat a very nice places in our town and in Las Vegas and others, so I was really looking forward to it. I just wasn't impressed at all. Our server went on and on about how many hours he works (he didn't realize he was talking to a couple of tax accountants and this was right after tax season, we put in multiple 100 hour weeks). We felt bad that we might be causing him more work. The other thing was the dress code, I understood that men needed to have a jacket on there, I was one of only a few that actually had one on, I was suprised. We were on the WBPC Cruise, we had supper and brunch at Palo. We actually ate at Palo on the exact day of our 25th wedding anniversary, and we were both disappointed that they did absolutely nothing for our big day, nothing, I mentioned it to them when we sat down. Everyone goes on and on about Palo, I know we won't do it again.

We went to Palo on the exact night of our anniversary also and they did nothing foe us either. We were less than impressed. :( We haven't gone back for supper since. We've gone to brunch and have had great service and meals.

Brenda
from MB

We went to Palo on the exact night of our anniversary also and they did nothing foe us either. We were less than impressed. :( We haven't gone back for supper since. We've gone to brunch and have had great service and meals.

Brenda
from MB

Remy did special stuff for our anniversary. The dessert had Happy Anniversary written on the plate, and they acknowledged at the very beginning that it was our anniversary. There's a chance the concierge hosts may have called ahead, though. I do know that they called Remy after they got notice of a medical stop in the Turks & Caicos. I had been having very bad anxiety issues, the symptoms of which tend to manifest themselves in ways that resemble heart attack signs, so they wanted to make sure that it wasn't me. They told me one of them would have accompanied me to the tender if it had been.

Palo didn't require a jacket when we went. Just a collared shirt and pants. Remy required the jacket.

We don't like the choc soufflé at Palo either. In fact, we tell them to please NOT bring it. We've had them bring it out without us asking and it gets wasted. We tried it 3 different times. Just not for us. (We MUCH prefer the Grand Marnier soufflé!)
Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I don't line the Chocolate Souffle either. Actually I didn't know what to do with it. :sad2:
(venting time) Actually that time we went to supper was on the night of our Anniversary. We had told them about it. We were kind of stuck in a secluded table in a corner (not a good secluded). I order rack of lamb which I didn't know how to eat. We were quite ignored by our server except for getting our orders and delivering our food. When I got the soufflé I had no idea what to do with the cream and chocolate sauce. (vent over) I feel so much better. :goodvibes

Also on that cruise we had brunch at Palo's and felt quite rushed. I had received my hot item right after I sat down with my cold buffet items. On our next cruise, we took control of when we got our items and it was so much better. They treated us the way we felt the service should be. :cool1:

Brenda
from MB

My confession is on our first cruise on the Wonder, we took the hard back book that was in the room, home with us. It is a great book with loads of Disney Cruise information in it. When my husband saw it, he immediately said, "did you steal that?" I thought it was something I could take home..yikes..

I embarrass my family taking pictures of the public bathrooms. BTW, once we had a room near the stairs to the theater so I would just run down to the "spare" bathroom.
Also, I only go to the fitness area to use the showers in the locker room. I actually feel guilty when I walk in without workout clothes. (they are so much nicer!)
I saw a youtube video of the game where you get into teams and do funny stuff so I was prepared to give DH an item of my clothing.
Lastly, we have a veranda cabin for our next cruise...

My confession is on our first cruise on the Wonder, we took the hard back book that was in the room, home with us. It is a great book with loads of Disney Cruise information in it. When my husband saw it, he immediately said, "did you steal that?" I thought it was something I could take home..yikes..

Oh, memories. On our Royal Car. cruise, I told my husband to pack up, and I think he said "this stuff too" and I said ya, everything, hurry up. When I got home, I saw he packed a 3 inch blue binder that I'm sure was suppose to be left in the room! :faint: Any one want a spanish version, french version, etc? Dear lord.

Just off a 7 day cruise on the Fantasy in April 2014...went to the 11pm showing of the Muppets Most Wanted...stayed for the credits...as we were leaving, saw an empty plastic popcorn bucket on the floor ($7.50 a pop!). Had one of the kids pick it up. My 9yo used it the next day on CC.

Speaking of CC, had a lazy morning, we left the ship at 11, played in the water, ate lunch, did the sting ray thing, and then stayed on the family beach until 4pm--all aboard was at 4:45. Had the kids play with all the abandoned beach toys--even brought some home.

Ok so here is mine:

My sister collects sea shells, I found a really pretty one on Castaway Cay that I wanted to bring home to her. I asked my daughter how I could get it back on the ship without them scanning my bag and seeing it. Okay... and at my 19 year old daughters suggestion, I put it in my bathing suit top. :blush:

Haha. Me too. I wanted to commemorate my first cruise by bringing home a tiny sea shell....so I put it in the bra of my bathing suit. Great minds! LOL:hippie:

Yeah, it's like using a $500 hotel room for the day without paying. However, the Concierge Team is in and out of those cabanas all day. It may have been a last minute can cancellation with no one on a waiting list so they looked the other way. If someone wanted to pay for it they would have simply been asked to leave.

We were that family this cruise:rolleyes1

We were the loud ones at dinner, all 11 of us. We were having a good time:goodvibes

The biggest one though is we saved seats. We saved seats at the movies. We saved seats in the Theater for all the shows.:blush:

Our saving grace everyone was coming and only a few minutes behind the Savers and rarely were we right up front::yes:: Like that makes it better.

I couldn't care less about the stage shows.

I really, really like the Promenade Deck. I could spend all day walking and just enjoying the salt air.

I insisted on being moved during the Muster when I realized the child next to me was very ill (Mom was talking about her throwing up) because the last thing I wanted to do was be exposed to kid bugs that early in the trip.

When my husband and I went to the couple's massage treatment on the Magic, I pretended to be deaf (husband really is Deaf!) in hopes they would skip the upsell. :littleangel: Well, we did get a nice quiet couple's massage, but then the manager on duty held us captive afterwards and upsold to us in gesture!! And then I ended up buying one product (ONE) that we have never, ever used. Much as we loved the massage, I'm hesitant to go back because I hate those hard-sell techniques!

I have at least one cloth napkin from every dining room on the Magic, Wonder and Dream. Don't ask don't tell, it's a thing I collect.:(

When mu husband and I went to the couple's massage treatment on the Magic, I pretended to be deaf (husband really is Deaf!) in hopes they would skip the upsell. :littleangel: Well, we did get a nice quiet couple's massage, but then the manager on duty held us captive afterwards and upsold to us in gesture!! And then I ended up buying one product (ONE) that we have never, ever used. Much as we loved the massage, I'm hesitant to go back because I hate those hard-sell techniques!

That really really bugs me too, so after the second spa treatment, when they ask, "what areas are you concerned with", I answer, " just want to enjoy this experience and don't need anything other than relaxation". They've never bothered me after that. Been on 11 cruises and do a spa treatment every trip, we did couples treatments too. Those are our favorites :).

After reading this whole thread I will add my confessions:

I wear Crocs or ballet slippers with a hard bottom pretty much everywhere including on formal night.

We have never seen the space men that clean up vomit in the dining rooms because we are always too busy running DS back to the room because he has felt the need to christen each of the dining rooms at least once (he has special needs and tends to throw up when overstimulated and/or when he eats too quickly).

Items that are a must in my carry on - a mason jar with a lid, a bottle of white rum, and a bottle of coconut rum. I pick up pineapple from the buffet, cut it in pieces and put it in the mason jar. Fill the jar with white rum, let sit overnight, mix with some coconut rum the next day and suddenly you are transported to the islands even while you are still at sea.

I own a collection of beach towels from Princess cruise line, but none from Disney.

DH begs to go to the Lab when they are having open house hours so that he can play the ship steering game. DS & I have left him in there for an hour or so and gone to see characters while he played Captain in the kids clubs.

I can't remember the last time we stayed up past 10 while on a cruise because the rocking of the ship and the comfy beds are just too inviting.

I have yet to go to a stage show on DCL because my son cannot handle the lights & noise. I am really hoping to get to go this next time.

I have yet to see the fireworks on the cruise for the same reason.

We came back from the June 1st cruise and after CC I noticed my DD (2.5) had something in her hand. It was a large shell. We went back on the ship but nobody said anything. The worst thing was I bought one of those DCL coconut cups on CC and put it on the conveyer belt when we re-boarded and it fell over and spilled over the belt and onto the floor. I was so embarrassed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter