DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

We have a 1245 Port Arrival time, but no boarding time
DCL typically gives out boarding numbers only after you check-in at the port terminal. Port Arrival Time (PAT) is the time you are expected at the port to begin that process of check-in.

Some takeaways from the two videos I've seen:

- Motion Sensors installed to open doors/call elevators.

- No sail away party.

- Two Frozen mini-shows on first evening to cater to both dinner seatings.

- Still not sure what the "Variety Show" we've made reservations for on day one is, or where it is.

- Cabanas is still a buffet but it's a point and be served system.

- Rooms seen available at 4pm.

- Tables that usually seat 4/6 being used for groups of 2, nearest tables to you will be completely empty.

- All shop tag prices are US Dollars, and do not include the 20% sales tax.

Bad Tink, good idea. The fist film was ok, ut really slacks the detail (esp for first timers like us) no mention of the importance of the DCL App. Best tip was to screen shot you QR codes, due to no phone signal/lack of WiFi coverage in the terminal

charlotte Ruffs upload is much more informative & she explains how she got to be on a test cruise.

Last edited:
Hello

I am a complete cruise newby! Not to Disney and there ways but all things cruise and been watching this thread for all the info with huge thanks
We are on the 06/08 cruise from Southampton, check in took me 3.5 hours so I must of been unlucky, really struggling with uploading the photos, I managed s PAT time though of 13.15 boarding group 7
so reading on here I still need to wait for a boarding time at port?
Is this typically long?
I’m asking as my son usually has a wheelchair for any long distance or pro longed waits, I wasn’t intending to take it for the cruise but now thinking I’ve got that wrong?
Thanks in advance

I see from her Insta, Sparkle with Sophie Is on the current cruise (which is a 3 nighter I believe), so should have videos soon. She was previously "friends with Cinderella", so hoping for some good info there.

I’m asking as my son usually has a wheelchair for any long distance or pro longed waits, I wasn’t intending to take it for the cruise but now thinking I’ve got that wrong?
Is it a folding manual wheelchair? I would bring it just in case. I believe DCL is planning to move people through the check-in and boarding process fairly quickly to avoid crowds. But there may or may not be seating while waiting — in the terminal or onboard. And if there is anything DCL can do to make his cruise easier, don’t hesitate to contact DCL Special Services.
Phone: (407) 566-3602 Fax: (407) 566-3760 TTY: (407) 566-7455
Email: SpecialServices@disneycruise.com

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/guest-services/guests-with-disabilities/

Hey everyone, I posted the info a while back about check-in as I was on the test cruise, I also make some vlogs (Karen Bee is my channel) - if you guys have any questions happy to answer them and it will help me pull together my tips / info section at the end of the last video. @Joshua Kelso posted a good list above, a few other bits of info:

- Mixology classes you don't make the cocktails, they are pre-made and you sit with only your party and the host will talk to you about each one
- The pools opened for virtual queue at 8.30am and filled up quickly even at the low capacity of the test cruise however they re-opened throughout the day
- Open house was limited as each area reached capacity very quickly
- We got to do all three restaurants if we wanted, 2 for dinner and 1 for breakfast - obviously this would not include any shows but at least you can get to sit and dine in each one
- No ghirardelli chocolates with turn down (I know shocking haha)
- Key to the world card is in the fish by your stateroom
- Being logged into the wifi and being on the navigator app is ESSENTIAL almost everything including menus / tips / assembly point work through the app - you will also be asked to show the app and the confirmation of your stateroom on the app before being allowed to board the ship
- No buffet at Palo, menu seemed the same as before but there was an antipasti that I don't remember from last time
- It's difficult to meet characters as they show up randomly however top tip if you go to the game shows / quizzes (family events) there were characters out for selfies both times we went at the end
- Only one party or two individuals in the lifts
- Lots of people had their cards rejected on the last day (a $ transactions out of nowhere is a little suspicious so my bank blocked it) and you will need to go to guest services to sort this out. As you can imagine it was busy. You can't leave the ship without clearing your room account as they scan your card on the way out and they didn't auto try again so even if you OK it with your bank you will need to go guest services unless they change this. Make sure you allow time for this.
- Have your reservation QR code AND your profile from the vaccine confirmation screen shotted before arrival
- A health questionnaire comes out at around 5am the morning off, make sure you complete that. If you only get one link you can try use that link and login to any other profiles that are active on your reservation.
- The new terminal at Southampton was not on the uber map yet so we had some issues BUT there were some regular taxi's pulling up outside when we got off. Main issue was that you couldn't call the uber to the terminal as you could easily direct your uber driver on the way there (we gave ours an extra tip as we went to two wrong terminals first ooooops)

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I posted the info a while back about check-in as I was on the test cruise, I also make some vlogs (Karen Bee is my channel) - if you guys have any questions happy to answer them and it will help me pull together my tips / info section at the end of the last video. @Joshua Kelso posted a good list above, a few other bits of info:

- Mixology classes you don't make the cocktails, they are pre-made and you sit with only your party and the host will talk to you about each one
- The pools opened for virtual queue at 8.30am and filled up quickly even at the low capacity of the test cruise however they re-opened throughout the day
- Open house was limited as each area reached capacity very quickly
- We got to do all three restaurants if we wanted, 2 for dinner and 1 for breakfast - obviously this would not include any shows but at least you can get to sit and dine in each one
- No ghirardelli chocolates with turn down (I know shocking haha)
- Key to the world card is in the fish by your stateroom
- Being logged into the wifi and being on the navigator app is ESSENTIAL almost everything including menus / tips / assembly point work through the app - you will also be asked to show the app and the confirmation of your stateroom on the app before being allowed to board the ship
- No buffet at Palo, menu seemed the same as before but there was an antipasti that I don't remember from last time
- It's difficult to meet characters as they show up randomly however top tip if you go to the game shows / quizzes (family events) there were characters out for selfies both times we went at the end
- Only one party or two individuals in the lifts
- Lots of people had their cards rejected on the last day (a $ transactions out of nowhere is a little suspicious so my bank blocked it) and you will need to go to guest services to sort this out. As you can imagine it was busy. You can't leave the ship without clearing your room account as they scan your card on the way out and they didn't auto try again so even if you OK it with your bank you will need to go guest services unless they change this. Make sure you allow time for this.
- Have your reservation QR code AND your profile from the vaccine confirmation screen shotted before arrival
- A health questionnaire comes out at around 5am the morning off, make sure you complete that. If you only get one link you can try use that link and login to any other profiles that are active on your reservation.
- The new terminal at Southampton was not on the uber map yet so we had some issues BUT there were some regular taxi's pulling up outside when we got off. Main issue was that you couldn't call the uber to the terminal as you could easily direct your uber driver on the way there (we gave ours an extra tip as we went to two wrong terminals first ooooops)

Thanks for info, and loved the vlog!! :lovestruc

OMG Katie!! LONG TIME! How are you lovely? Are you heading on one of the cruises?

I know!! I'm fab thank you, apart from our Disney trips being in danger this year! Hope they open the borders soon :rolleyes1 but at least we have these cruises to look forward to!! I watched your vlog earlier and your laugh had me laughing, it's so infectious :lmao: yesss we're going from Southampton, 13th - 16th August and I can't wait, your vlog had me so excited! Did you have much trouble with your proof of vaccination? We won't be fully vaxed until August 3rd so we'll have 10 days to get it sorted. Hope it's fast and straightforward..!!

- Being logged into the wifi and being on the navigator app is ESSENTIAL almost everything including menus / tips / assembly point work through the app - you will also be asked to show the app and the confirmation of your stateroom on the app before being allowed to board the ship.

1) Is there a virtual queue for Adults-only Pool too?

2) When you say connected to wifi is essential, do you mean buying the wifi package, or is there a free option if you just want to use the apps connectivity?

1) Is there a virtual queue for Adults-only Pool too?

2) When you say connected to wifi is essential, do you mean buying the wifi package, or is there a free option if you just want to use the apps connectivity?

1) No virtual queue for adult only pool - only one party in each hot tub at any one time
2) Free WiFi onboard - I say connecting is essential as I personally has some issues logging into the free WiFi but this was sorted by Day 2.

I know!! I'm fab thank you, apart from our Disney trips being in danger this year! Hope they open the borders soon :rolleyes1 but at least we have these cruises to look forward to!! I watched your vlog earlier and your laugh had me laughing, it's so infectious :lmao: yesss we're going from Southampton, 13th - 16th August and I can't wait, your vlog had me so excited! Did you have much trouble with your proof of vaccination? We won't be fully vaxed until August 3rd so we'll have 10 days to get it sorted. Hope it's fast and straightforward..!!

I'm still booked for September but hope is fading! Aw thank you, feel like we laughed so much on that trip! Oh amazing, hopefully the terminal is on the uber map by then haha

No trouble at all very quick to get verification only a few days.

Do you mean at Palo brunch the entire seafood buffet is gone? Or you just mean they were serving you instead of you going up yourself?

I mean the entire buffet is gone. There was only a menu. I noticed a seafood antipasti on the menu that we ordered that had a few items from the buffet but the rest of the menu looked the same as before but just without the entire buffet.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter