• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

The cruise terminal is close to town, but its easier to see the ship in full from the Wirral side of the Mersey. So New Brighton promenade towards Seacombe. The whole stretch gives you great views. You need to park up and walk though, all of the promenade is pedestrian only.

Thanks!
But a little bit confused, are these the places you are mentioning? As they all seem quite a bit apart.

Great, thanks! :D

There are two tunnels under the Mersey, you're better off using the Kingsway (Wallasey) tunnel if you do head out to New Brighton area. Toll is £1.80 each way, they take contactless payments now.

You can park in one of the NCP car parks in Liverpool and walk to the pier to see the ship too. I'm not sure how close you can get that way. But from the other side of the river you can see the whole ship.

There are two tunnels under the Mersey, you're better off using the Kingsway (Wallasey) tunnel if you do head out to New Brighton area. Toll is £1.80 each way, they take contactless payments now.

You can park in one of the NCP car parks in Liverpool and walk to the pier to see the ship too. I'm not sure how close you can get that way. But from the other side of the river you can see the whole ship.

Boyfriend needs to look all that up anyways, where to park, as we're on a motorbike, and either some places are free, or some places he can't chain the bike up to, so will need to have a good look, but thanks for the tips!! (y)

Boyfriend needs to look all that up anyways, where to park, as we're on a motorbike, and either some places are free, or some places he can't chain the bike up to, so will need to have a good look, but thanks for the tips!! (y)

Oh in that case also check out Woodside Ferry Terminal. That's in Birkenhead and has restaurants etc inside and you can see Liverpool from there also. Its a pain to try get car parking but with a motorbike it might be easier.

And the ferry across the Mersey crossing could be fun too to see both sides and more of the ship. That leaves from Woodside also.

When the Disney ship has been in previously this is the sort of view you can get from the pier / Liverpool side. We also have enjoyed watching it sail away from Crosby beach too but I can't find the pics of that.

Attachments

• 2020-11-21.jpg
    2020-11-21.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 8
  • 2020-11-21-1.jpg
    2020-11-21-1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 2020-11-21-2.jpg
    2020-11-21-2.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 2020-11-21-3.jpg
    2020-11-21-3.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 9
Can you see the ship when you go to Liverpool? (and where is it exactly?) I haven't had a Disney fix since November '19, and would love to just see it (even from far).

Yes you can see the ship fine from Liverpool side. I have no idea what it will be like with the covid situation ,however the Disney cruise ship usually attracts quite a crowd and they have had various Disney themed activities on the dockside when they have previously been in port.

In the past characters have come out on deck to wave to us peasants that can't afford to go onboard 🤣🤣

Even if there is non of the usual carnival atmosphere and dock party going on Liverpool is a great city to visit with so much to do.

Attachments

• 2020-11-21-5.jpg
    2020-11-21-5.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 2020-11-21-4.jpg
    2020-11-21-4.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 19
I am really hoping a YouTube vlogger is on one of these first few staycation cruises. I have been watching so many cruise vlogs during the pandemic. I would love to see their experience! I am so happy they are officially cruising tho!

One more step towards normalcy! Woot woot!

With the wifi being so expensive I expect most will post once they are back but I know a few are on this one

Karen Bee, Hannah Ricketts and Charlotte Ruff are on the very first one and all three are on YT. I assume at least the first two are vlogging it.

Glad someone knows their names lol I couldn't remember the ones I had seen

In the past characters have come out on deck to wave to us peasants that can't afford to go onboard 🤣🤣

Even if there is non of the usual carnival atmosphere and dock party going on Liverpool is a great city to visit with so much to do.

So this wont happen on these sailings I feel as they are not allowing guests to get close to Characters. To have them on deck they would have to quarden off a section of the deck. That said they did have Minnie out near the funnel on the test cruises and I assume they had roped off either side to stop people getting too close? Charlotte Ruff posted a distanced photo of her with Minnie :D

With the wifi being so expensive I expect most will post once they are back but I know a few are on this one

Glad someone knows their names lol I couldn't remember the ones I had seen

So this wont happen on these sailings I feel as they are not allowing guests to get close to Characters. To have them on deck they would have to quarden off a section of the deck. That said they did have Minnie out near the funnel on the test cruises and I assume they had roped off either side to stop people getting too close? Charlotte Ruff posted a distanced photo of her with Minnie :D

I always assumed most of the Youtubers don't post the videos until they get back anyways. Even the paid internet isn't super fast so I'd assume it would take 6 days to upload a video :P

We're booked on the 6th August 3 night cruise from Southampton and staying at Holiday Inn - does anyone know the Southampton port and whether it is possible to walk (my 6 year old and myself with wheelie suitcases) from the hotel to the port where the Magic will be?
I had a look and can't figure out where the ship will be! Port Arrival form has the address as Horizon Cruise Terminal, West Bay Road, Western Docks, S.ton, SO15 1AW

Saw her today In Southampton

we are now 26 days, away from sailing on our first DCL (in fact any) Cruise.

like most, check in was a pain, it took me 1hr 45 to Complete the check in.

I used the in app countdown, so got up at 2355, to check in at 0001, after 10 mins of not being able to, I then realised they would use US time, so reset alarm for 0455, and was in at 0501.

was a little surprised by the info required at check in. It’s the same as what BA class as API, don’t see why once booked & paid in full you can’t just do it in slow time, will allow Disney to process it all. Despite doing 4 days since uploading, it’s still pending review…….

In advance of check in we had asked concierge a few questions most of the info was really helpful, some contradicted what was on the know before you go, so we’re a little confused (am sure seasoned cruisers wouldn’t have asked or would have known).
intresting to read in the threads that some people’s expectations are low compared to their previous cruises. We have nothing to compare it against, but we are hoping for the best.

have found Prenetics slow too, upload the jab cards, one was approved swiftly, the second is still pending review, but I appreciate the6 are very busy right now. I guess I just want everything in place and approved, so we have that reassuranc.

i will post a review if not already done by other when I get back, so others have an idea of what to expect, but am sure those who depart before us, will have done the same

Attachments

• 3A703D42-4458-457D-9F7D-466665DF7F14.jpeg
    3A703D42-4458-457D-9F7D-466665DF7F14.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
We're booked on the 6th August 3 night cruise from Southampton and staying at Holiday Inn - does anyone know the Southampton port and whether it is possible to walk (my 6 year old and myself with wheelie suitcases) from the hotel to the port where the Magic will be?
I had a look and can't figure out where the ship will be! Port Arrival form has the address as Horizon Cruise Terminal, West Bay Road, Western Docks, S.ton, SO15 1AW

She it looking to be at Berth 106, this link may be helpful

https://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Li...nd_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/
The walk is just under a mile, so with a 6 year old, about 25 mins depending on speed…….
but there are a few holiday inns in the area.

What a miserable headache checking in was! Some tips:

I was on at 4:50am. You'll get a Sorry Not available/Opps something went wrong message on the app/website before 5am.

When 5 am hit, it took multiple (up to a dozen) attempts to get my document images to load, and sometimes the image would load, but not actually appear, just a tiny wrongly-formatted message saying "we have your photo".

It's now 5:47, and I still haven't been able to get the onboard activities page to load. Error messages. Earliest boarding time I was offered was 1:15pm, boarding group 6. Losing hope booking a show.

App is useless. "Please try again" messages constantly when trying to book online activities that way.

is that a 1315 Port Arrival time or 1315 Boarding time? We have a 1245 Port Arrival time, but no boarding time

I always assumed most of the Youtubers don't post the videos until they get back anyways. Even the paid internet isn't super fast so I'd assume it would take 6 days to upload a video :P
I know ones like This is How we bingham post when on ship

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter