DCL Light Cards

Scrufsmom

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me how to make a personalized DCL light card to turn on the lights in the cabin? I've been looking, searching and coming up empty handed. Appreciate information from the crafty Disney fanatics!!!! Thank you

Can anyone tell me how to make a personalized DCL light card to turn on the lights in the cabin? I've been looking, searching and coming up empty handed. Appreciate information from the crafty Disney fanatics!!!! Thank you
You need a credit card sized card. Decorate it as you wish. Or not. We just just my old library card in the slot. Others use an old key card from a past hotel stay. Or use your KTTW card on the ship. Just remember to remove it when you leave the room.
card slot dream.jpg

I saw many for sale on the one crafty people selling site for very cheap. I was looking at door magnets and trying to decide if I wanted to attempt to make some or not.

Why not use a frequent buyer card to something you don't really use anymore/care about? I have a spare wallet full of them :-) Otherwise, I'd just use my KTTW card (except I hate taking it in/out of the lanyard).

Also, if you glue a magnet to the back of the card, then you can attach it to the back of your door and you can always find it. We are gutted. We got an awesome light card in our FE last cruise, decorated with the dates, Halloween theme, etc. It's been on our fridge ever since, but in the last few months we've gone and lost it, just as our next cruise is coming up! So, so annoyed!

Also, if you glue a magnet to the back of the card, then you can attach it to the back of your door and you can always find it. We are gutted. We got an awesome light card in our FE last cruise, decorated with the dates, Halloween theme, etc. It's been on our fridge ever since, but in the last few months we've gone and lost it, just as our next cruise is coming up! So, so annoyed!
You can also just put it directly above the card slot
card slot dream card out.jpg

Fwiw you don't have to remove the card to shut off TV etc. Just lift it up a 1/2 inch and leave it there.
Enter, push down, all power back.

Last year on the Fantasy our room steward left us a card for that purpose---in fact he left a couple different ones over the week. Basically plain cards that said DCL and had a character on them. Do they not still do this?

Last year on the Fantasy our room steward left us a card for that purpose---in fact he left a couple different ones over the week. Basically plain cards that said DCL and had a character on them. Do they not still do this?
That sounds like something that your particular room host does. Probably makes it easier for him. That way you can just leave it in the card slot and he doesn't have to provide one (and remember to take it out each time) when he's doing your room.

Yes! We do this using an old KTTW card. DH took an old KTTW card & used thinner to remove the printing. We then just used a sharpie and wrote our last name on the front of the card - slapped a magnet on the back and stick it on the wall above the card slot when we leave the room - it works super!

love this idea! thank you for sharing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter