DCL Onboard Restricted Items Policy Updates: Decorations, Ducks and Ashes and More

I brought my Dyson airwrap on our last two cruises on the Fantasy and it worked with no problems. This will be a huge issue for me on our next cruise since the hairdryer provided by the cruise is nearly worthless.

So I joined a Disney duck group on social media- just out of curiosity and to watch any fall out if/when this is public. Someone just posted that they hid 120 ducks on their recent cruise! Someone else is bringing 48! Wow! I really envisioned this as maybe 20 families bringing a dozen ducks and still thought that was a lot. But if multiple people are hiding 50-100 ducks…. That’s a lot of ducks!

So I joined a Disney duck group on social media- just out of curiosity and to watch any fall out if/when this is public. Someone just posted that they hid 120 ducks on their recent cruise! Someone else is bringing 48! Wow! I really envisioned this as maybe 20 families bringing a dozen ducks and still thought that was a lot. But if multiple people are hiding 50-100 ducks…. That’s a lot of ducks!
From what I saw on my 4 night Spain cruise in 2023, 100 ducks is about the average per person that people brought on board. And multiple people were doing it. After the cruise people complained they didnt see any ducks, despite so many people bring them on board. I guessed that cm were quietly disposing of them.

That does seem like a lot. My family of 4 bring 2 dozen. We pixie dust fish extenders with them too so we hide only about 2 to 3 a day. We try to hide them as kids are coming through and then circle back to see if they were picked up. I can't imagine having the time to hide more than that.

I thought it was weird thing to hide ducks but the cruise at the beginning of the month with my family my daughter found one the. It was on to find more. She is 23…lol

She found 6 , one the last night. The last night was crazy with people looking. One lady was tearing into the flowers at the bottom of the steps then the small trees by the gingerbread house. Not just looking in the pots those plant Leaves were moving. People just figured it was the last night to find and hide them I guess.
My 18 yo granddaughter hunts for ducks on cruises too. Not like she can go to the vibe anymore. She owns a Jeep, so she adds to her dashboard collection

I brought my Dyson airwrap on our last two cruises on the Fantasy and it worked with no problems. This will be a huge issue for me on our next cruise since the hairdryer provided by the cruise is nearly worthless.

I saw a report that they do not work on the Wish, unfortunately I can't find it because it was an IG story.

I've been on 30 cruises and didn't even know this was a thing. If I saw one I probably just assumed a toddler dropped it. Adults come up with some pretty juvenile things to entertain themselves.

I can't imaging being in a meeting where you have to discuss adults hiding ducks and how to proceed with stopping the behavior.
They are just being told to remove the ducks, not scold people. It doesn’t seem that complicated or dramatic to explain 🤷‍♀️

It seemed harmless enough in concept(maybe not practice), not my thing but I’m surely not going to insult anybody who did this out of fun and a little spark of joy for a stranger.

I saw a report that they do not work on the Wish, unfortunately I can't find it because it was an IG story.
I have heard that as well (from multiple sources in social media groups). Seem to work okay on the other ships.

On the duck fb group the response has been “it’s not posted” to “we can leave them out places, just not hide them” to “oh well, doing it anyway.” The duck people do not seem deterred 🤣
You’re right. People who really want to do something will do it anyway, no matter what anyone says

Some of them are cute. I have a few that I saved from certain demise haha. But honestly I think there are other things to focus on during the cruise than hiding and finding ducks
Oh yeah! I mean now it seems like a waste. I could understand the game before!

DIsney messed up and the policy should have read "or leave them in public areas".
I’m not sure it would matter much. People are still saying they will do what they want until they’re forbidden to do it. Seriously I don’t understand people sometimes haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter