DD too old for Akershus princess experience?

CarolinaBlue99

Mouseketeer
I didn't think DD7 was interested in any princess character meals so didn't book any, but she just recently started talking about it. So, I used the TP reservation finder for an Akershus dinner. Took about two days before I got what I wanted (sidenote: TP reservation finder rocks! So far has found everything I've wanted that I couldn't get at 180 days).

But now I'm reading reviews and looking at pictures, and all the kids seem to be girls between the ages of 2 and 4. Is she too old for this? I know all kids are different, but I'm worried she'll feel like an odd man out.

Thanks! This is reassuring. Though I gotta admit that the adult in me was a bit sad to give up our Rose and Crowne dinner for this. The things we do for our kids ...

I'm 45 and my DH is 53 and we love it!! LOL!!

Seriously though, even our son who was probably 13 the last time we did Akershus grumbled about the fact that I booked this character meal, but then smiled and laughed the entire time while all the princesses flirted with him and made him take "Princely" pictures with them. Any age is the right age for a Princess meal.

Lots of girls there and at CRT excited, and in princess dresses, even older than yours. DD still was into it at 10 - huge variety of ages and interests for kids, especially at Disney, where we are all young at heart, and enjoy meeting our favorite characters!:tigger:

Thanks! I was just getting nervous because everyone who had written up a review and included pics had toddlers or preschoolers, and the pics all seemed to show kids that age. We are excited about it - I think we'll all have a blast. I've got it scheduled for our arrival night, and it should be a great way to kick off our trip! (Now just have to hope I can score a late afternoon/early evening FP+ for FEA sixty days out on 1/2).

Umm your never to old. I just booked Bon Voyage breakfast so I 17 year old could finally meet Rapunzel and this is a child going to college next year to get a degree in electrical engineering.

Umm your never to old. I just booked Bon Voyage breakfast so I 17 year old could finally meet Rapunzel and this is a child going to college next year to get a degree in electrical engineering.

Rapunzel is this electrical engineer’s favorite princess. Good luck to your DD.

That would be sad to think a seven year old would be too old for a princess meal!
I definitely agree! I had just only seen pics with young kids in the princess procession so wondered about the target audience. I’m really glad to hear we should all have a good time. I don’t think this stuff existed when I was a kid (or if it did we never did it) so I’m excited to experience it myself!

There is no such thing as being too old for anything at WDW. My DD was 10 the first time we did the princess dinner and she absolutely loved it. She's now a sophomore in college and is asking to do it again when we go back next Christmas to WDW.

While we are not doing the breakfast, my friend's #1 thing to do on our Spring trip is meet Rapunzel. We could do nothing else and she would be happy. This trip is for her college graduation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter