• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I did, first time in a long time I watched the entire race. In fact I watched the Monaco GP, the Indy 500 and the last 100 laps or so of the Coca Cola 600.
Not a nascar fan so won't watch that, but... got the Monaco GP recorded for another time.
Ugh. A new boards. Last time, my trip report links all were moved to different pages.
Not a problem this time. So far... seems like only some minor annoyances. My biggest one might be the "unread watched threads". If you don't read one for a bit, you have to scroll way down to find it. Liked the old way of them being removed much better.
Sure did. Fun shootout to the end. Red flag is not as common, so that was neat. Was hoping Hinchcliffe would finish higher, but not too shabby coming from 32nd to 11th.
And yet... they did so many laps under the yellow after they went back to racing, it makes me wonder if the red flag was even necessary. But it did make for a fun shoot-out. I sure would've liked to have seen it go to the end without it though... I'm thinking Dixon may have had it in the bag based on fuel.
View attachment 403421
Me as well. This is the cinema room in the house we are renting. Guardians of the Galaxy later.....

You poor, poor, sods.

Evening boys from a glorious St Ives, with only 1 wife. Our EU elections were yesterday, which led me to the oft quoted thought
Empires were ran by Emperors.
Kingdoms were run by Kings.
We now have countries.

Have a great evening chaps.
:lmao:
That's a good one Dan.

Reminds me of a similar one with pros and cons....
What's the opposite of progress?

Last edited:
Good morning, everybody. I go away for a long weekend and suddenly everything is re-decorated. So far, everything looks basically the same to me, so I'll have to over-react to the changes later. I seem to remember the last upgrade eliminated all of the punctuation from my old trip reports.

Good morning, everybody. I go away for a long weekend and suddenly everything is re-decorated. So far, everything looks basically the same to me, so I'll have to over-react to the changes later. I seem to remember the last upgrade eliminated all of the punctuation from my old trip reports.

Sure the upgraded eliminated the punctuation, sure it did.

;)

Not a nascar fan so won't watch that, but... got the Monaco GP recorded for another time
The Monaco GP is worth a watch, especially if your coverage over there has Hamilton’s radio talk on it.
That's a good one Dan.

That is a good gag 😆
Hey, I talk English good.
I’m glad one of us does.
How many people were going to St. Ives? Anyone lucky enough to have 7 wives?
Are you Hans Gruber’s brother?

Top O the Mornin Dads! Had a pretty good weekend all in all. The inlaws are becoming more and more of a challenge both physically and mentally in that all they do is complain and argue with everyone especially themselves. I understand that it is hard to get old and physical challenges but for the love of Mike enjoy the life you have. Hey at least we got a head start on the week jumping in with a Tuesday start.
Morning, boys.

Went and saw Aladdin with the family last night. Enjoyed it. Was worried about Will Smith but fears were unfounded once the initial shock wore off.
Saw it yesterday with DW and DS and we all really enjoyed it.
Afternoon all. Took a couple days off before the weekend so i could go on the family camping trip. The weather was perfect except for some severe weather Friday evening. The only reason DW and I went to the shelter was the the girls. We had to leave a day early because the dam was close to flooding and the corp of engineers was preparing to open the spillway to prevent the lake from topping the road. All in all it was a much needed trip. The oldest caught her first fish and it terrified her. We made lots of memories which is what it's about.
Sounds like some great family time right there! Sorry about the weather messing with you some though
Hey, who re-decorated?
Too clean in here for us
First time checking out the new car smell.

This is too much for a Monday morning.

If I don’t get back to these parts before then, I’m off to Houston Tuesday. Have a good week all.

Edit: just noticed I may need to change my avatar picture, the new circle rather than a square chopped off the Mickey ears so now it looks funny
Have a good trip! Looks like my avatar is a bit out of whack size wise as well.

Hello gents from the airport. On my way to the Lone Star State (after a quick layover in the centre of the universe).
All business this trip so my biggest goal is to get some decent Texas barbecue. Not sure I’ll see or do much else besides work stuff. Only have two evenings free since Thursday is scheduled to be a business dinner...yay. And Wednesday is possibly busy too since I have a presentation to do for Thursday morning.

My biggest one might be the "unread watched threads". If you don't read one for a bit, you have to scroll way down to find it. Liked the old way of them being removed much better.
This.
Not a fan of that part of the new boards. The rest seems ok.

Saw it yesterday with DW and DS and we all really enjoyed it.
I am hoping to see it after getting back from Houston. I was very sceptical about this movie but I’ve seen good reports.

Morning gents. Last push before a possible day off. 4 hours down, 12 to go.

So far, everything looks basically the same to me, so I'll have to over-react to the changes later

So far... haven't seen too many people complaining overly much. There's a few things that annoy, but... overall... the transition is much smoother this time.
I seem to remember the last upgrade eliminated all of the punctuation from my old trip reports.
No one's complained about stuff missing yet, that I've heard.
If the maximum point is 113 and I've already got 113, I guess that means my work here is done. So, the upgrade is trying to get rid of me....sounds so familiar to me.
Bye Doc! Wait... I'm at max points too... Hang on! I'll join you!
The Monaco GP is worth a watch, especially if your coverage over there has Hamilton’s radio talk on it.

Seen the first... 10 laps or so? Enough to see Leclerc shred his car.
This.
Not a fan of that part of the new boards. The rest seems ok.
Yeah... not thrilled with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter