DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning Guys,

Happy New Brunswick Day!

Go ahead and take the day off, tell them I made you an honourary New Brunswicker and you feel in this crazy world we are living in right now, you feel we all need to do our part in celebrating this great province.

Overcast morning hear and I missed my early morning run window. Hope it doesn't get too humid so I can get it in later today.

Have a good one all.
I tried that once and became an honorary no longer employed-wicker.
No thanks.
Enjoy your holiday my friend.

Go ahead and take the day off, tell them I made you an honourary New Brunswicker and you feel in this crazy world we are living in right now, you feel we all need to do our part in celebrating this great province.
Well Done Thumbs Up GIF by Minions - Find & Share on GIPHY

Morning all. Had my 2nd interview this morning, and they said they will let people know in a couple of weeks. It's not a super exciting job, but it pays well and is 5 minutes from my house.

My head is just swirling right now - trip to WDW, tennis tournament, job interview, and 20 days to retirement.

Congrats!

Thanks.

Congrats to you both!

Thanks.

Hancock Good Job GIFs | Tenor

Is your daughter your oldest?

It's my youngest. She just turned 16 and is taller than me. We went to a tie break on our first match Saturday, as we both lost a bit of focus. Other than that, it was never really in contention.

Congrats @AirGoofy and DD!

Thanks.

Morning guys from a slightly hungover London. I have a large mixing bowl full of pulled pork if anyone fancies coming over for pulled pork hash tonight. Maybe the Chief can utilise his new 7 seater.
My mum came over last night for some dinner at 4 and left at 10, and she is a pacey drinker. I honestly can't see myself turning in the idea that is gonna revolutionise the little brick world today.

Well done mate and a nice story, turning good out of a tragedy.

Is all of London hungover? That must be some Sunday party. :lmao:

15964621631403408898806595888618.jpg

Yes, this was the 18th year of the tournament and a nice way to remember his legacy and a reminder to enjoy life while we have it.

Morning, Gents! Had a good weekend and now I'm off to start week 2. The attorney I'll be working for, and boss, I guess, was out last week on vacation, so I get to officially meet and work with her for the first time today, so looking forward to that. Otherwise not much to report. Well, have a good day and we'll chat on the other side.

Good luck with the new boss.

I've mentioned a few times how I went to MK the first year they were open. Here's a picture. Although I normally wouldn't embarass myself with pictures of me as a kid, since we say pictures or it didn't happen...

20200229_113724.jpg

Just not sure where my brother was. See all the siblings and cousins except him. I know he was there, so taking the picture is all I can figure

have you ever reverse seared them? this is the way I do pork chops, as you get the char and the tenderness.
I've not done that with chops... Good idea, I'll try that. Think I'll aim for a 120 temp before the sear.
Which one? The gaffer has a hangar full of em. The Duplo one is the most fun.
By all means, send the funnest one.
I watched and it was a touch un-exciting. It was cool from the history aspect, but a whole lot of nothing between significant points.
There was a lot of nothing leading up to the first shots, which were not all that great. I would've preferred to at least have a graphic of where the capsule was, during the re-entry.
Still, I was holding my breath when the drogue shoots and main shoots opened.
So, since @pkondz said it was a holiday as well, can I presume it's also Manitoba day?
Not sure what they call it. Some provinces don't have it as a statutory holiday so in some places they made not be off.
Here's the list:
Alberta: Heritage Day (cultural and historical heritage of the province)
Ontario, Northwest Territories, Nunavut: Civic Holiday
Saskatchewan: Saskatchewan Day
British Columbia: British Columbia Day
New Brunswick: New Brunswick Day
Nova Scotia: Natal Day (Nova Scotia's history/Halifax (capital city) birthday)

Yukon has: Discovery Day (celebrating discovery of gold) on Aug 17
PEI has: Gold Cup Parade (celebrating summer) on Aug 21
Quebec had: National Holiday of Quebec/Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day (June 24)
Newfoundland had: Discovery day (celebrating discovery of Newfoundland in 1497) (June 24). This is the last year as next year will have a new name in consultation with indigenous groups.

And my province, Manitoba: Terry Fox Day

Hey, Gents! Hello from a very humid Cape Cod. At some point we were supposed to get the remnants the small (Cat 1) hurricane that just hit Florida, but now I think it's supposed to go more inland, so just more hot and humid here. Well, yesterday went really well. The new boss came back from her vacation, and she's as nice as everyone says she is. I worked on a closing and drafting more documents, so a typical day. Took the fam over to the in-laws last night for dinner. A friends of the family came down from north of Boston to visit. Had a lot of good food and conversation. Otherwise, a good day. now on to this one.

TTFN

Morning boys.
Another early morning, but at least I'm getting paid extra today for it since it's a holiday.

Getting paid extra is a good thing.

Hopefully she'll turn out to be a good boss to work for.

She seems nice so far. We're going to have a meeting today to discuss what is expected of me and what not, my suggestion. I know my job is to support her, but I want to know what else she expects from me. This way it's all out on the table early on and there's no guessing.

I'd heard that one. And yeah, would've been good.
I had to laugh when the woman commentator said "Maybe next time we shouldn't announce the landing site ahead of time." (re: all the pleasure boats in the vicinity.)

I'm surprised they did mention where the capsule was going to splash down at. I wouldn't have done that.

Help me out Jeff, this one has schoolboy humour written all over it
@Terra Nova guy

😆

I watched and it was a touch un-exciting. It was cool from the history aspect, but a whole lot of nothing between significant points.

That would have been funny.

I wasn't overly impressed by it, but I watched it more to say I did than anything. That was the first time in a few decades that a manned space capsule returned by splashing down in the ocean rather than landing on a runway. So historical to some extent.

Morning all. Had my 2nd interview this morning, and they said they will let people know in a couple of weeks. It's not a super exciting job, but it pays well and is 5 minutes from my house.

My head is just swirling right now - trip to WDW, tennis tournament, job interview, and 20 days to retirement.

Dude! Hope you get the job. I'll be saying a prayer for you.

And you must be thinking it weird that you're about to retire.

Good luck with the new boss.

Thanks! So far so good. She seems nice.

Morning all. FIL is in the hospital in Nashville peeing blood, but the cause is still unknown. He goes to Nashville as he has some blood thing our local hospital can't treat. My DW drove him, and they waited 10 hours in the ER before being seen, he was admitted, but no rooms available.

With all the COVID cases on the decline, I wondered how that was possible. Well, it turns out there is no more room sharing with COVID policy. So, the hospital is 100% full at 50% it's usual capacity. That helps me to make sense of some of these #s the media is reporting.

Hey, Gents! Hello from a very humid Cape Cod. At some point we were supposed to get the remnants the small (Cat 1) hurricane that just hit Florida, but now I think it's supposed to go more inland, so just more hot and humid here. Well, yesterday went really well. The new boss came back from her vacation, and she's as nice as everyone says she is. I worked on a closing and drafting more documents, so a typical day. Took the fam over to the in-laws last night for dinner. A friends of the family came down from north of Boston to visit. Had a lot of good food and conversation. Otherwise, a good day. now on to this one.

TTFN

Dude! Hope you get the job. I'll be saying a prayer for you.

And you must be thinking it weird that you're about to retire.

Glad to hear the hurricane missed you. We had thr remnants of one of those hurricane rip off our roof in KY. Before that, I never thought about the weather impacting those outside the coastlines.

I guess it still hasn't sunk in. And maybe it won't until I get that first retirement check.

I wouldn't know...it will be a very long one for me after vacation. Why is coming back from vacation inversely proportional to how much you enjoyed vacation?

Well, if it like any place I've worked for, it's because of bad management. When you leave for vacation, the work just piles up for you. So, you have to work extra hard before the vacation to get ahead, or work extra hard to catch up when you get back. That can be avoided by good leadership and team management.

Morning, folks.
Last day shift of the cycle. Looking forward to getting some sleep.

Not sure if you're messing with me...

Bottom left
Nope. Didn't have a clue. I guessed that or top right was you.
The new boss came back from her vacation, and she's as nice as everyone says she is.
Getting paid extra is a good thing.
::yes::
She seems nice so far. We're going to have a meeting today to discuss what is expected of me and what not, my suggestion. I know my job is to support her, but I want to know what else she expects from me. This way it's all out on the table early on and there's no guessing.
Not a bad idea.
I'm surprised they did mention where the capsule was going to splash down at. I wouldn't have done that.
Actually, I thought they would... but have a 10 mile (or similar) exclusion zone where it was illegal to enter.
We do that all the time for drones or fireworks or parajumps, etc. (air, not water, but the idea's the same.)

FIL is in the hospital in Nashville peeing blood, but the cause is still unknown. He goes to Nashville as he has some blood thing our local hospital can't treat. My DW drove him, and they waited 10 hours in the ER before being seen, he was admitted, but no rooms available.
Sorry to hear that.
Well, it turns out there is no more room sharing with COVID policy. So, the hospital is 100% full at 50% it's usual capacity.
Ah! That does make sense.

Morning all. FIL is in the hospital in Nashville peeing blood, but the cause is still unknown. He goes to Nashville as he has some blood thing our local hospital can't treat. My DW drove him, and they waited 10 hours in the ER before being seen, he was admitted, but no rooms available.
praying

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter