DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Two days before we start traveling and we take a rock to the windshield...
Nice...
Well, that sucks.

As for the where bit of the question, we're doing a cruse next week.
This one will be with RCCL rather then Disney, but I'm still looking quite forward to it.
But since it ain't Disney, we're also doing a couple of days on World beforehand.
So, a bit of Epcot, a bit of Hollywood and then a 4-day in the Caribbean.
And maybe a DIS Dad sighting.

That's... weird.
I'm getting new tires day after tomorrow. And that wasn't in the plans either.
Now I feel like I need to check my tires, just in case.

We're spending this weekend in Florida as well. Taking my boys to the golf tournament in Jacksonville on Sunday. And my wife's 30th anniversary of her 20th birthday is Saturday.

You do. It's the latest DISdad trend.

I'll thank the pothole filled streets here for that. Just read an article that in February, the average number of potholes filled by the city in February is 3,000 (due to our freeze/thaw cycles), but this February, due to the warmer-than-average weather this year (3rd warmest February on record), they filled 22,600! And believe me... there's more than ever.
I saw a bumper sticker (on the internet, not live) that read "I'm not drunk, I'm avoiding potholes"... I've never related to anything more in my life.
We're spending this weekend in Florida as well. Taking my boys to the golf tournament in Jacksonville on Sunday. And my wife's 30th anniversary of her 20th birthday is Saturday.
Hmm... wasn't that supposed to be a surprise...?

Potholes? Must be a northern thing. lol. We have potheads……. But no potholes. lol
About three weeks ago I had a small screw in my tire, slow leak. I had it patched. The following week my tire indicator went off, same tire, was losing air fast. Pick up a nail. Bought a new tire.

Potholes? Must be a northern thing. lol. We have potheads……. But no potholes. lol
About three weeks ago I had a small screw in my tire, slow leak. I had it patched. The following week my tire indicator went off, same tire, was losing air fast. Pick up a nail. Bought a new tire.
They should make tires out of recycled screws and nails.

Depends... how are the roads in Delaware?

My problem was a bit different. One of the tires on my car acquired a slow leak a little while back. I've had it looked at, but they couldn't find anything, so I've been nursing it along for a while. I'm pretty sure, however, that a 1000ish mile trip on a slightly iffy tire would get filed in the bad idea folder fairly quickly. Also, that was a problem I could solve in a day which cannot be said about the windshield on the other one.

And maybe a DIS Dad sighting.
Possibly.
Our plans have changed a bit (which has been par for this trip in general).
Now we're staying at Pop for a couple days (long story) and doing dinner at the Ale & Compass tomorrow night (since we can get there via the Sky Way). After that, we'll see what the time looks like.

...they filled 22,600!
That's a lot of pot...

They should make tires out of recycled screws and nails.
If you put something like that on a vehicle with the suspension of a typical 1978 land-yacht it might just work.

But being as the nail strips that the highway patrol uses to stop runners would just add to the structural integrity of said wheels, I can see the various Law Enforcement Unions working diligently to have such a thing banned in short order.

That's a lot of pot...
Holey!
If you put something like that on a vehicle with the suspension of a typical 1978 land-yacht it might just work.
Do it!!!
But being as the nail strips that the highway patrol uses to stop runners would just add to the structural integrity of said wheels, I can see the various Law Enforcement Unions working diligently to have such a thing banned in short order.
Not at all. They'd have soft rubber strips that the nail/screw tires would impale and get stuck in. Might be even more effective.

Morning, Fellas! Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone! I know I've been MIA lately, but things have been busy. Can't remember if I mentioned, but I auditioned for a local production of Death of a Salesman. Call backs are April 6th, and I've been called back for Howard, Willy's boss. The day of the call backs will be the same day as the auditions for Fiddler on the Roof. We'll see how both of those go. My DD, who's 11, was asked to go and audition for a local production of a show, that I've never of, and wound up getting the title character. I was so proud of her for that. Took the family to Providence, R.I. yesterday for the national tour of Frozen. Man that was a good show. Being the matinee, all the kids were out and looking adorable all dressed up.

I do have a request: For those who are the praying type, could you please say a prayer for my DFiL? If you're not the praying type, could you please send some good vibes? My DFiL's been in and out of the VA hospital a couple of times in the last year, for a 2-3 months at a time, but this last time we discovered a mass in his lung. I found out last night that he's really not eating or drinking and just can't swallow his pills. We're expecting this to turn south week or two, so I would appreciate the prayers and good vibes, especially for my DW, DD and DW's family.

Thanks,

TTFN

I've been called back for Howard, Willy's boss.
Every man is his Willy’s boss… until the Willy becomes the boss.
My DD, who's 11, was asked to go and audition for a local production of a show, that I've never of, and wound up getting the title character.
Congrats to her! I bet you’re proud. :)
I do have a request: For those who are the praying type, could you please say a prayer for my DFiL? If you're not the praying type, could you please send some good vibes? My DFiL's been in and out of the VA hospital a couple of times in the last year, for a 2-3 months at a time, but this last time we discovered a mass in his lung. I found out last night that he's really not eating or drinking and just can't swallow his pills. We're expecting this to turn south week or two, so I would appreciate the prayers and good vibes, especially for my DW, DD and DW's family.
Consider it done

Sorry to hear this. Praying, for sure.

Well, I think we pulled off a successful long weekend in Florida. We had fun just being on property and taking a spin on the monorail and Skyliner and playing min-golf and eating good meals. Really enjoyed trying out the Geyser Point Grill at WL and I think Steakhouse 71 might be my current favorite restaurant on property.

Well, I think we pulled off a successful long weekend in Florida. We had fun just being on property and taking a spin on the monorail and Skyliner and playing min-golf and eating good meals. Really enjoyed trying out the Geyser Point Grill at WL and I think Steakhouse 71 might be my current favorite restaurant on property.
Welcome back. :)
Glad you all had a good time. I've heard good things about GP. Steakhouse 71 new fave, huh? Have to put it on my ever growing list.

Welcome back. :)
Glad you all had a good time. I've heard good things about GP. Steakhouse 71 new fave, huh? Have to put it on my ever growing list.
Only downside with GP was the wait to get in. You had to go on the Disney app to join the wait list, but you could only do that once you were at the WL. We had an hour wait before we got seated. Thankfully Drew is big into hidden Mickeys and the front desk has a scavenger hunt you can do in the lodge.

Only downside with GP was the wait to get in. You had to go on the Disney app to join the wait list, but you could only do that once you were at the WL. We had an hour wait before we got seated. Thankfully Drew is big into hidden Mickeys and the front desk has a scavenger hunt you can do in the lodge.
The wait doesn’t surprise me. I’ve been hearing more and more about it. Getting popular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter