• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Peanut Butter, Beverly, Tofu Monday. So, the latest excuse ever sends me to summer term to cover two days this week. The dog's babysitter broke her (human) leg, and there is no one else in the world who can provide the specialized care this dog needs. And by care, someone to let it outside to crap. :furious:

But, as long as there is no management, or they are just busy having meetings and hiring more managers, there is no solution. I'm going to start scheduling fake Dr appointments on my calendar for pets I don't own. Or, maybe I should schedule an OB/ GYN appointment for me? :sad2: :lmao:

Flew in from NY and... wait for it... Boy are my arms tired. Great time but I am exhausted. Believe I will sleep like a lazy hound dog tonight. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Glad you had a great trip. Post some pictures once you recover from all that arm flapping.

Welcome back sir.

Morning boys from Sunny and a vaguely humid London. This is when being about 2 inches from someone else is a particular pleasure on the tube....
One of my major projects has just been tipped upside down about 12 weeks out from start and 4 weeks from buy, which, interestingly, I predicted.
Ah the joys of being in a position where you can just wave your arm and make about 2 weeks of work for me, now under a time pressure.
And be blissfully ignorant of the impact it has across the business.
:charac2:

Have a good Monday fellas

Maybe your managers should consult with my managers. :lmao:

Flew in from NY and... wait for it... Boy are my arms tired. Great time but I am exhausted. Believe I will sleep like a lazy hound dog tonight. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Welcome home, and thanks for the Dad joke.

One of my major projects has just been tipped upside down about 12 weeks out from start and 4 weeks from buy, which, interestingly, I predicted.
Ah the joys of being in a position where you can just wave your arm and make about 2 weeks of work for me, now under a time pressure.

Remember, the beatings will continue until morale improves.

Peanut Butter, Beverly, Tofu Monday. So, the latest excuse ever sends me to summer term to cover two days this week. The dog's babysitter broke her (human) leg, and there is no one else in the world who can provide the specialized care this dog needs. And by care, someone to let it outside to crap. :furious:

But, as long as there is no management, or they are just busy having meetings and hiring more managers, there is no solution. I'm going to start scheduling fake Dr appointments on my calendar for pets I don't own. Or, maybe I should schedule an OB/ GYN appointment for me? :sad2: :lmao:

All I want to know is, did you put a cover sheet on your TPS report?

Well, so begins my last week of work overseas. After 12 years working in the same place, there is a touch of sadness, but mostly looking forward to heading home and starting something new.

Morning boys from Sunny and a vaguely humid London. This is when being about 2 inches from someone else is a particular pleasure on the tube....
That sounds awful. If you're in need of a drink, I'm at Heathrow this Sunday morning for the last time (only for a few hours from 7am-noon). Hardly an ideal night out of course.
(I'm really just joking by the way. A meet up would be cool, but I wouldn't expect you to shlep all the way to Heathrow on a Sunday morning)

Happy Victoria Day all! God bless the woman, she got us a long weekend!
Same to you, hope you had a good one.

Also sounds awful. Maybe we all need to schedule fake appointments. Too bad we don't all live closer to WDW. I could make fake appointments with Dr. Dawabar all the time.

Last edited:
A few pictures from the trip...

Thursday afternoon...

Times Square Ball. Down in this area was the nut job

NYPD Substation. They were about to have a busy day.

The streets were blocked off afterward.

The car

Not a good start for the weekend and I am surprised only one person was killed.

A few more up later.

Today has been a totally Disney day. I've been concerned for the past several weeks because there seemed to be some issues with my status on the wait list for a job at WDW. When you apply for a job they set up a 'dashboard' with all your info on it and my job status info started disappearing for a few days and then back again and so on. I tried contacting both the casting office and my recruiter about the problem but to no avail. I finally asked our neighbor who is a cast member if she knew an alternate contact because we thought that the task of casting all the positions for Pandora might have thrown things into a kerfuffle but when i checked a last time this morning i found the message i was looking for that they send each month to make sure your still interested so i felt relieved as we prepared for a a late day at MK, having dinner at BOG and then the new Happily Ever After show. Guess what, just before we were set to leave I got THE CALL. My recruiter called with an offer of a job at the new (actually, reopening) Marina at Wilderness Lodge. Apparently, when they built the fancy new cabins there, they rebuilt the marina. So, i should be getting my official offer tomorrow and then it's onboarding and Traditions over the next couple of weeks.

So it was a very happy trip to WDW and dinner at BOG was a bit of a celebration. Too bad the weather didn't hold and there was a Hellacious down pour. We had decided to leave before the fireworks because of how the weather was shaping up and we were about half way across Seven Seas Lagoon on the ferry when the rain hit. IT's a good thing the DW checks the weather and makes sure we have two ponchos with us. But it was quite a light show on the ride home. So, if you ever get to Wilderness Lodge on a Saturday, Sunday or Monday, take a trip to the docks.

All I want to know is, did you put a cover sheet on your TPS report?

Nope. I couldn't find the red stapler.

Also sounds awful. Maybe we all need to schedule fake appointments. Too bad we don't all live closer to WDW. I could make fake appointments with Dr. Dawabar all the time.

That sounds like a great doctor visit. Good luck on the job transition.

Yikes.

Today has been a totally Disney day. I've been concerned for the past several weeks because there seemed to be some issues with my status on the wait list for a job at WDW. When you apply for a job they set up a 'dashboard' with all your info on it and my job status info started disappearing for a few days and then back again and so on. I tried contacting both the casting office and my recruiter about the problem but to no avail. I finally asked our neighbor who is a cast member if she knew an alternate contact because we thought that the task of casting all the positions for Pandora might have thrown things into a kerfuffle but when i checked a last time this morning i found the message i was looking for that they send each month to make sure your still interested so i felt relieved as we prepared for a a late day at MK, having dinner at BOG and then the new Happily Ever After show. Guess what, just before we were set to leave I got THE CALL. My recruiter called with an offer of a job at the new (actually, reopening) Marina at Wilderness Lodge. Apparently, when they built the fancy new cabins there, they rebuilt the marina. So, i should be getting my official offer tomorrow and then it's onboarding and Traditions over the next couple of weeks.

Congratulations.

So it was a very happy trip to WDW and dinner at BOG was a bit of a celebration. Too bad the weather didn't hold and there was a Hellacious down pour. We had decided to leave before the fireworks because of how the weather was shaping up and we were about half way across Seven Seas Lagoon on the ferry when the rain hit. IT's a good thing the DW checks the weather and makes sure we have two ponchos with us. But it was quite a light show on the ride home. So, if you ever get to Wilderness Lodge on a Saturday, Sunday or Monday, take a trip to the docks.

Congrats!

I have never been to Wilderness Lodge, but always wanted to go. Now I have a reason! (I just need to take a trip to WDW someday). Congrats on the new job!

Well, so begins my last week of work overseas. After 12 years working in the same place, there is a touch of sadness, but mostly looking forward to heading home and starting something new.

I hope the new position gives you the family time you crave. Good luck with the transition!

IMG_9973_1.jpg

Still unbelievable. I'm thankful more people weren't hurt.

Congratulations! Hope the new position is everything you could hope for! The Wilderness Lodge is an awfully nice place to be assigned.

We'll be at Fort Wilderness for 2 nights in August--I think one is a Monday night. We'll have to ride the boat and see if we can say hi.

Thoughts go out to our UK friends over the cowardly act that was committed on the concert goers in Manchester. Senseless and despicable.

Absolutely. Praying for all of those affected.

Thoughts and prayers to those impacted by the tragic events in Manchester. What a cowardly act if evil. Prayers.
Traveling all week on business, actually gonna be in Canada but on the other coast in Vancouver. I will try and catch up on a flight or if I get some down time but until then congrats, prayers, bacon and dole whips.

Happy Tuesday. Made that long drive again to campus again today. But 4 hours more and I'm done for the week. Playing tennis tonight. Hope you all have a great day.

I have never been to Wilderness Lodge, but always wanted to go. Now I have a reason! (I just need to take a trip to WDW someday). Congrats on the new job!

Yes, Wilderness Lodge is nice. DW is allergic to the pine trees or fake pine trees, whichever they are. So, it was one stay and done for us. Boardwalk and Bay Lake Tower are my two favorites. I'm planning on not enjoying the Polynesian too much, as the points to stay there are way out of my price range.

Thoughts go out to our UK friends over the cowardly act that was committed on the concert goers in Manchester. Senseless and despicable.

Yet another terrible act. My prayers go out to all those involved.

Absolutely. Praying for all of those affected.
Yet another terrible act. My prayers go out to all those involved.

Evening chaps. London on alert again, more police about. This one feels a bit different. I've lived in town all my life. Now is the furthest I've ever lived from the centre, so I grew up with the constant threat of bombs. There are no trash cans in the tube as the ira used to put bombs in them. I've evacuated stores due to bomb threat, walked up train lines due to suspect packages, and a little bit of it was always, hey we live in London, this is what we get. I know all attacks are the same and equally as devastating, but a concert where there are a ton of kids? There's got to be a special place in he11 for someone like that.

That sounds awful. If you're in need of a drink, I'm at Heathrow this Sunday morning for the last time (only for a few hours from 7am-noon). Hardly an ideal night out of course.
(I'm really just joking by the way. A meet up would be cool, but I wouldn't expect you to shlep all the way to Heathrow on a Sunday morning)
I promise you Jeff, I absolutely would have as it was your last trip, but we have friends staying over mate, sorry, as its the nipper's birthday BBQ. Maybe one of us will win the lottery and we'll all meet up in the World.
Guess what, just before we were set to leave I got THE CALL.
Nice one mate, many congrats. Be interesting to hear about the perception of the outside versus the reality of the inside.
Not a good start for the weekend and I am surprised only one person was killed.
Definitely. I don't think I've ever been to Times Sq without a couple of thousand there at least.
Remember, the beatings will continue until morale improves.
Thank you sir, may I have another?
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Have a great evening all, good vibes from the mother country.

Happy Victoria Day all! God bless the woman, she got us a long weekend!

Vickey, my favorite Queen.

Transitions are tough but I am sure it is going to work out well for you. Not missing family events will be well worth it.

Guess what, just before we were set to leave I got THE CALL. My recruiter called with an offer of a job at the new (actually, reopening) Marina at Wilderness Lodge. Apparently, when they built the fancy new cabins there, they rebuilt the marina. So, i should be getting my official offer tomorrow and then it's onboarding and Traditions over the next couple of weeks.

Well done and congratulations.

So it was a very happy trip to WDW and dinner at BOG was a bit of a celebration.

I imagine it was a good time.

Happy Tuesday. Made that long drive again to campus again today. But 4 hours more and I'm done for the week.

The driving sucks but the rest of the off is priceless.

Evening chaps. London on alert again, more police about. This one feels a bit different. I've lived in town all my life. Now is the furthest I've ever lived from the centre, so I grew up with the constant threat of bombs. There are no trash cans in the tube as the ira used to put bombs in them. I've evacuated stores due to bomb threat, walked up train lines due to suspect packages, and a little bit of it was always, hey we live in London, this is what we get. I know all attacks are the same and equally as devastating, but a concert where there are a ton of kids? There's got to be a special place in he11 for someone like that.

You are correct, there is a special place in hell for people like that.

Stay safe my friend.

I promise you Jeff, I absolutely would have as it was your last trip, but we have friends staying over mate, sorry, as its the nipper's birthday BBQ. Maybe one of us will win the lottery and we'll all meet up in the World.
It would have been nice to meet up, but family comes first, no worries. I might end up in London again someday, who knows. I have wanted to take the family there sometime, it just never worked out yet. Stay safe over there. Heart breaking seeing the news out of Manchester.

Glad to hear you are ok. I grew up in Louisville, Ky, that has about 1 million people, still small compared to really big cities. And, while the news always ran a daily murder (or three) story, you could feel safe by avoiding certain parts of town. That was 20+ years ago, so who knows now. Now, I live in a town of less than 100,000, where a murder a year makes the news. I've never had the real threat of terrorism in a daily encounter. Prayers for all of you that live in large cities and face that challenge.

Evening chaps from a Sunny and 75 London. The army's out in force, but so are the summer clothes :goodvibes:goodvibes
The ladies of Designer Ready to Wear (posh frocks) section in the shop were looking mighty fine this morning.
That is all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter