• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Thanks everyone again. The DW and I had a great talk last night and I think she is doing a ton better. She might just take Monday off from work, even though it is her last day and they will dock her a day of pay. But that dy is usually only a 1/2 day, so we had planned for that when we made plans. We now figure that they will just screw her over and make her stay all day even though there is nothing for her to do that day.

But she seems to be happy and focused on what the future will bring her, not dwelling on the place that she is leaving.

TBT

2z.jpg

Top O the Mornin Dads! Got in extra early this morning to try and get a couple of days of month end stuff done in less than a day today. My team beat me in to get a huge head start on things - i do have a really great team at work. Only 2 more days and it is really hitting me like a ton of bricks that our little girl is getting married. I'll join in on TBT that Darcy started:

3KellyPhotos_zpskm6wjhdo.jpg

Congrats to your son, nice pre-trip bonus. Enjoy the festivities after all you are paying for it. (Too soon?) I hope everything goes off without a hitch and everyone has a great time. Well, except her FIL. May he have a case of laryngitis and not be able to say a word all weekend.
Thanks CJ, I think everyone on our side anyway is in a good place and looking forward to it. Some family got into town last night and we all went out to dinner and BIL picked up the tab and I don't know what I enjoyed more, the family time or not having to pay for something :rotfl:
Thanks everyone again. The DW and I had a great talk last night and I think she is doing a ton better. She might just take Monday off from work, even though it is her last day and they will dock her a day of pay. But that dy is usually only a 1/2 day, so we had planned for that when we made plans. We now figure that they will just screw her over and make her stay all day even though there is nothing for her to do that day.

But she seems to be happy and focused on what the future will bring her, not dwelling on the place that she is leaving.
Good deal and tell her taking off Monday is definately the way to go!
That is great! Make sure to save that one to show his girlfriends down the road :rotfl2:

Attachments

• 4KellyPhotos.jpg
    4KellyPhotos.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 2
Morning all…
Short work day for me, but only because I have a doctor’s appointment this afternoon.
Normal stuff so no worries. Dealing with the evening rush hour traffic will be far more painful than anything the Doc may be planning this time around.

I'm at work today and most of tomorrow before a 4 day weekend off for the festivities and a little post event down time
Almost there…
Just enjoy the party from this point on because maintaining control of it ain’t likely.

So he now has 2 nights at Pop Century and a day to hit AK and Pandora before hooking up with us for the cruise - nice gig if you can get it.
Yep…
Stinks to be him right now.

I could take his place if you’d like.

Great to hear you had a good trip! Any video of the Laugh Floor performance?
Nope, didn’t occur to us until afterward.
Typical…

Being a rather scruffy looking old geezer though, I suspect that I could get selected for the job again if I get a chance to go back down that way.

Guess what day it is? Well for me, it's been a tennis court drying, two office covering, and future tennis day.
You sir are a very busy man.

As for the trip, I've been Sulley and both my girls made the jumbo tron as they had Mike and Sulley costumes on at the show.
Very cool for the girls.
And I can certainly see you in the part of Sully.
I bet you played it to the hilt.

I always knew you were THAT GUY! Sounds like a great trip and worth the pain of returning to reality.
Of the various things I’ve been labeled in my life, that’s one I can live with.

Reality has just about become routine again (must be time to start planning the next trip).

Moving on is probably best at this point.
Sorry she’s been treated so, but unfortunately I’m not surprised that an employer would do such.

My DW went through relatable experiences with employers twice in the past and I’ve got to say that getting out of those places was ultimately the best long run option.

:laughing: Quite the look.
He should consider taking that look onto the court
Hope the sprain is healing well and may it do so quicker than expected.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Got in extra early this morning to try and get a couple of days of month end stuff done in less than a day today. My team beat me in to get a huge head start on things - i do have a really great team at work. Only 2 more days and it is really hitting me like a ton of bricks that our little girl is getting married. I'll join in on TBT that Darcy started:
:rotfl2:

Great pictures. I'll try to add some next TBT.

LOL, this was the back of his head.

I have one of those somewhere, although with a pin since I have girls. I'll try to find it too.

Also met DD17's boyfriend last night. They've been dating for 5 months but between the first couple months of "hiding from the parents" and me being overseas, I had never crossed paths with him. He *seems* like a nice enough guy but I appropriately had a steak knife in my hand when we spoke, just for some added effect. I can't say I like DD being in a relationship, but I think there are laws about locking her in the basement, so not much I can do. Can't stop her from growing up.

You obviously need a flux capacitor.

We had a great time.
Saw the new shows, tried some different things, acquired a number of excellent libations, hit most every attraction we were interesting in and I even got called out on the Laugh Floor as: “That Guy”.
I can live with that.
I could even do it again.
Hopefully sometime in the near.

Awesome! That's one of my WDW goals.

And the place just get's classier and classier. They had told us my wife's contract ran until Aug, so her benefits and pay checks would arrive as normal until then. Today they informed her, that her last pay is June 23rd, and her benefits term on June 30th, and they will do a single big payout for all her earnings for June/July/August. Also, they reported to unemployment that my wife had no income from them since December 2016. Well, her pay stubs tell a different story. <sigh> They are very classy people, that is all I can say.

I am trying to get them to give her a letter, so I can get my benefits set-up to start for all of us on July 1st, but of course they want to be a#$%oles about that as well. I really wish I had some legal leg to stand on and get an attorney to subpoena the emails that I am sure some numbskull sent about why they were going to terminate my wife. There is always one that will put it in writing thinking no one will ever get that email. <shrug> I am trying to rise above it all, but man is it hard to do that.

And they don't want to produce the letter until July. So I am going to try to use an email that they sent to my wife to get my company to start benefits early.

Man, that's brutal. Sounds like it might be good that she can get out of this place. I wouldn't want to work with these people.

Heh. That's great!

Reality has just about become routine again (must be time to start planning the next trip).

Yep, that's usually the sign.

Only a few days until our flight. Anyone ever take an Uber from the Airport to Disney, with 6 people and have an idea of cost?

We are staying in a hotel on Monday night that has free transport to and from airport. I scheduled Magic Express for Tuesday from the airport to our hotel, so I can do it all for free. But I figure that if the cost is not too bad, maybe I just pay to have uber take us to the hotel. It would most likely save a few hours instead of getting dropped off at the airport from hotel and take magic express. But I am cheap. But we have the final numbers for my wife's pay out, and she should get quite a bit of money, and then unemployment will kick in(she has to apply on our first day at Disney, so fun, right?).

Coronado Springs is where we are staying, but really I am not looking for an exact number, just a ballpark to any Disney resort.

OK boys, that's it. After a shocker of a week, I'm calling it. Week over. Everyone out. Everyone in the (whichever bar Mike put up) for beers. Last one in has to take Aurora home. And let me tell ya, she don't do too well with pr1cks on her fingers.

Good luck Mike on the wedding stuff. I'll catch up over the weekend. Have a great Friday night chaps, all the best from London.

Afternoon gents and evening to the mother country. Enjoying what is likely my last 90 minutes of downtime for the weekend. Got rehearsal dinner tonight at Bucca DaBepo (Italian) and what looked like a washout forecast has turned to Sunny and no rain for the big day. Wish me luck and you guys have a good weekend with the families.
OK boys, that's it. After a shocker of a week, I'm calling it. Week over. Everyone out. Everyone in the (whichever bar Mike put up) for beers. Last one in has to take Aurora home. And let me tell ya, she don't do too well with pr1cks on her fingers.

Good luck Mike on the wedding stuff. I'll catch up over the weekend. Have a great Friday night chaps, all the best from London.
:rotfl2: And I called the bar at 50's Prime Time in HS. Thanks for well wishes my friend.
Maybe so, but someday her prince will come.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Afternoon gents and evening to the mother country. Enjoying what is likely my last 90 minutes of downtime for the weekend. Got rehearsal dinner tonight at Bucca DaBepo (Italian) and what looked like a washout forecast has turned to Sunny and no rain for the big day. Wish me luck and you guys have a good weekend with the families.
:rotfl2: And I called the bar at 50's Prime Time in HS. Thanks for well wishes my friend.
All the best mate, have a fantastic weekend and remember to step back and savour the moment. I'm in a boring train to Surrey on a yellow card to the SIL birthday, as I said I'd be there by about 730. It's 845. I really don't like her husband. I've checked out the menu for you mate, I'd take the Calamari and the Pizza Suprema Italiano. The large one that "serves 5" sounds like a they are putting down a challenge to me. That's one less decision you have to make....

Happy Friday. I just drank the St. Bernadus Abt 12, 1 pint 9.4 oz 10% Alcohol. If anyone can calculate how drunk I am, I would appreciate it. :lmao:

Let's start the day at 5:15 AM. Drove oldest dd to swim, an hour it to the gym, youngest to swim (trying some conditioning), made it to the office for an hour, Sam's Club for shopping, tennis with youngest dd and two HS tennis team friends, and back home to drinking. We are going to a surprise party for DW's cousin. Hey, I'm drunk and don't have much feeling in my fingers as I'm typing on the iPad. I think I put a load of laundry in as well.

Coronado Springs is where we are staying, but really I am not looking for an exact number, just a ballpark to any Disney resort.

Nothing to contribute. We haven't stayed at Coronado Springs yet, but maybe one of these trips. I'm trying to stay at all the resorts.

I beat you to drinking this week. If you haven't tried the St. Bernadus Abt 12, get it. As for Aurora, is she 18 yet? Although, here in KY, it's still legal at 16. Yeah, I just went there. :scared1:

Where is the mic drop emogi. :worship:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Have fun at rehearsal dinner. Never made it to 50s Prime Time, since KY has the best fried chicken. But, I'll drink there with you anytime.

All the best mate, have a fantastic weekend and remember to step back and savour the moment. I'm in a boring train to Surrey on a yellow card to the SIL birthday, as I said I'd be there by about 730. It's 845. I really don't like her husband. I've checked out the menu for you mate, I'd take the Calamari and the Pizza Suprema Italiano. The large one that "serves 5" sounds like a they are putting down a challenge to me. That's one less decision you have to make....

Yeah, I'm heading to DW's cousin's surprise 50th birthday party tonight. DW is driving. Remember, my inlaws are still worse than yours. DW's parents divorced and they continue to fight over the younger son they want, at the expense of the daughter they didn't (my DW). MIL dropped $20K to get two vehicles out of repo for her adult son. FIL bought him a $150K house. They both bring us butchered meat, cow or sheep, to ease their guilt. I get to hang with FIL & BIL at this party. Where's the beer? :drinking1 :furious: :sad2:

TGIF. First week at my new job, thankful it's over. It's been a busy week getting used to the new routine. It's the first time in almost 20 years I've worked 9 to 5 so it's quite an adjustment for everyone. I think it will be good in the long run.

Exciting day for DD17. She was elected level 3 student rep on her school's student council for next year (level 3 is the last year of high school here). AND on the same day she was offered a summer job in the WISE program - Women in Science & Engineering. I have to say I'm pretty proud of her. Plus it's nice that she'll be kept busy every day this summer.

Good luck with everything this weekend. It's a big step for sure.

:rotfl2:
Right, Rob wins it. I can't top that one.
:rotfl:

Happy Friday. I just drank the St. Bernadus Abt 12, 1 pint 9.4 oz 10% Alcohol. If anyone can calculate how drunk I am, I would appreciate it. :lmao:

Let's start the day at 5:15 AM. Drove oldest dd to swim, an hour it to the gym, youngest to swim (trying some conditioning), made it to the office for an hour, Sam's Club for shopping, tennis with youngest dd and two HS tennis team friends, and back home to drinking. We are going to a surprise party for DW's cousin. Hey, I'm drunk and don't have much feeling in my fingers as I'm typing on the iPad. I think I put a load of laundry in as well.

Nothing to contribute. We haven't stayed at Coronado Springs yet, but maybe one of these trips. I'm trying to stay at all the resorts.

I beat you to drinking this week. If you haven't tried the St. Bernadus Abt 12, get it. As for Aurora, is she 18 yet? Although, here in KY, it's still legal at 16. Yeah, I just went there. :scared1:
Man, those beer goggles are strong. If she was 16 in the film, she'd be about 74...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter