DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

And for those of us working, well..... weekend's coming.
Not that we’re counting down or anything...

Looking forward to this weekend actually, especially Saturday night night. Youngest DD is invited to a sleepover and I’ll kick the oldest out of the house. I’ll get some quality time with DW and it just happens to be my birthday, which means it’s that one day a year I’m almost certain that “something” will happen...

(I just replaced all of the "[" brackets with "{" braces so that it wouldn't execute and prevent you from reading it)
In html it would be <a href="LINK">Text</a>
Yep, looks like mostly html code replacing < with [ (see if this will work)
html <bold>text</bold> = [ b ]text [/ b ] minus the spaces
And if you want to show bb code without spaces or workarounds, just use:
Was I drinking before I logged in? I think you guys are writing in English but I’m not so sure.

Got a WDW trip added for February. Taking my inside sales team to Disney Institute for a 3 1/2 day program.
Nice and nice. I’ve read good things about the Disney Institute. Should be a good time.

Good thing is that either way she has two good options off the bat.
Good to have to choose between two options than have no prospects. Good luck with her decision.

Looking forward to this weekend actually, especially Saturday night night. Youngest DD is invited to a sleepover and I’ll kick the oldest out of the house. I’ll get some quality time with DW and it just happens to be my birthday, which means it’s that one day a year I’m almost certain that “something” will happen...
Happy birthday (early) and here's hoping the something you think will become the something fantastic or the something better than you thought!!!

Was I drinking before I logged in? I think you guys are writing in English but I’m not so sure.
It is English (between all the special characters) :lmao:

Otherwise it might have said <a href="http://ustedmuyloco.com/>usted no debería entrar al sistema cuando bebido</a>

:rotfl2: and wondering who will be the first to correctly translate. :rotfl2:

I actually like the open feel of SSR. Especially if we want to sleep in on a particular day...less likely to have a thundering herd wake us up. We stayed in the treehouses a couple of years ago and aside from loooong waits for boats, it was very relaxing. I think that's one of the things I love about Disney...there's something that will appeal to (just about) everyone.

::yes::

True. It wasn't a bad resort, but i would pick OKW because it has the same feel, but points cheaper.

No, wait. That's just the ringing in
".

What? Speak up and get off my lawn!

A "cold front" came through and brought storms last night and this morning. Cooler temps the next couple of days, supposed to be in the 60's with a high of 70. Still overcast but once the clouds move out it should be nice out

."

Shut up. We didn't make fun of you being dehydrated during the hurricane.

Happy mid-week gents. Got a WDW trip added for February. Taking my inside sales team to Disney Institute for a 3 1/2 day program. Did this before 10 years ago but have a new leadership team in place now and want them to get some learnings. Sucks trying to schedule / book things like hotel going through the DI to do most of this. Good part will be staying at GF, the program includes a 2 day park hopper and DW is gonna join me on this trip. DD is settling in to DC and has two different job offers that she is now struggling with which one to take. One is NICU (neonatal intensive care unit ) and the other is Mother Baby Care (known to us old farts as maternity). The NICU is at a more prestigious hospital but obviously more intense. Good thing is that either way she has two good options off the bat.

Good to hear the brace helped
"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
(1) I am available for a job on your sales team.
(2) Congrats to dd on the job offer.
(3) That's a long acronym and i ran out of breath reading it. How about the Hole in the Wall gang? Has that been used yet? :lmao:

COME ON, YOU RIP ROARIN" HIGH SCORIN" COCKNEY IRONS!

Or West Ham came back from 2 -0 down to beat dirty Spurs. Yay.

Yeah. You're not cheering to not be relegated.

Last edited:
Happy Thursday. I go to work in two offices, and you all fill a page with how to write code. Way to much effort for this thread.

After 3 minutes, what are you going to do for the rest of the night? :lmao:

'Morning all...
Welcome to the backside of water... errr.. the week.
Yeah that's it; the week (spending too much time thinking about where I'd rather be, I suppose).

Chilled down into the high 30s for the first time down this way, so I s'pose its officially fall now.
Not chilly enough to make me break out the jackets just yet, though.
Well. maybe the rain jackets, cause that's the prediction for the weekend.
Lovely...

Oooh...saw Mark's fist, but this makes more sense

Looks more like html, so might be easier to remember, although the other way Mark mentioned worked.

Thanks!
Lots of ways to skin a cat.
I'm more old school; I hate it when I have to actually give up and use a mouse over a keyboard.
A character flaw and disability left over from the profession I had before it got exported to India.

Yup. And if you want to show bb code without spaces or workarounds, just use: [PLAIN][/PLAIN]
Have not encountered that one before.
I'll file it away for future usage.

Happy mid-week gents. Got a WDW trip added for February. Taking my inside sales team to Disney Institute for a 3 1/2 day program. Did this before 10 years ago but have a new leadership team in place now and want them to get some learnings. Sucks trying to schedule / book things like hotel going through the DI to do most of this. Good part will be staying at GF, the program includes a 2 day park hopper and DW is gonna join me on this trip. DD is settling in to DC and has two different job offers that she is now struggling with which one to take. One is NICU (neonatal intensive care unit ) and the other is Mother Baby Care (known to us old farts as maternity). The NICU is at a more prestigious hospital but obviously more intense. Good thing is that either way she has two good options off the bat.
Yeah, I need to be working for you.
Too bad I'm not a particularly good salesman.

Congrats to the kids for a good start on the never ending job of "adulting"
DC will be interesting to say the least and it's always better to have too many job offers then not enough.

An early Happy Birthday to you then, sir.
Here's to a good evening out and to the certainty of "something".
L'chaim!

If you don't remember whether or not your were drinking...
Then you probably were.

Way to much effort for this thread.
Sorry 'Bout that Chief.
We'll try to adhere closer to our sloth worthy ways.
Ain't makin' any promises, but we'll try.

Morning gents.

It's snowing.

I am not happy about this development. A sternly worded note to management is in order.

Of course something will happen. You'll blow out some candles on a cake. Right?

Yep. English. Now this however... I have no idea what language it is:
COME ON, YOU RIP ROARIN" HIGH SCORIN" COCKNEY IRONS!

Or West Ham came back from 2 -0 down to beat dirty Spurs. Yay.

It is English (between all the special characters) :lmao:

Otherwise it might have said <a href="http://ustedmuyloco.com/>usted no debería entrar al sistema cuando bebido</a>

:rotfl2: and wondering who will be the first to correctly translate. :rotfl2:

you should not enter the system when drunk

What? Speak up and get off my lawn!

::yes::

fd1163428f3a930756d1babb67db5adf557daaf02f53f2a067aec3546bf182a9.jpg

'
Lots of ways to skin a cat.
I'm more old school; I hate it when I have to actually give up and use a mouse over a keyboard.
A character flaw and disability left over from the profession I had before it got exported to India.
According to @pkondz, there isn't more than one way to skin a cat, but I digress.
I'm old school too and much prefer the keyboard, which is why I generally write html by hand and greatly prefer plain text emails (making an email html vs. just the message needing to be communicated makes it 10-infinity times larger). In my opinion, html is for websites, not email. Very old school even amongst my techie friends/co-workers.

I only saw it a few days ago. Not sure how long it's been there.
I think it would be equivalent to the <pre> </pre> tags in html. Those take whatever is between them and displays verbatim so any special characters used show as themselves vs. being translated by the browser. It's quite interesting to me (as a techie) why they're not using html vs. having tags that look very similar and presumably get translated to it at some point, but I'm sure there was a reason for doing it this way.

Not used to it yet, though, so putting on a light windbreaker.
That ain't right. I wear a light coat when it gets close to 60F. And pull out my heavy Carhartt when it gets down below 50F.
Been in the upper 40's in the morning and upper 80's in the afternoons around here, so you have to remember your jacket in when you leave in the morning but you better be wearing a short sleeve shirt under it. Supposed to get our first freeze this weekend.

We all know better.
My wife had planned a "surprise" dinner for us for our anniversary a couple weeks ago. Of course she didn't tell me to leave the day clear so I scheduled work that night.... Oops.

And now that my sports job is wrapped up for the winter I have picked up a new night job that was supposed to be about 25 hours a week, just to help us get stuff paid off so we can start planning another trip. Turns out it is going to be 30+ hours, on top of my other 2 jobs :mad:. Needless to say there is no chance "something" will be happening at my house anytime soon.

And now that my sports job is wrapped up for the winter I have picked up a new night job that was supposed to be about 25 hours a week, just to help us get stuff paid off so we can start planning another trip. Turns out it is going to be 30+ hours, on top of my other 2 jobs :mad:. Needless to say there is no chance "something" will be happening at my house anytime soon.
I'm guessing your sports job has something to do with baseball, but not associated with the Astros?

I'm guessing your sports job has something to do with baseball, but not associated with the Astros?

Speaking of the Astros, unbelievable game last night. As they headed to the 7th, I'm thinking this is going to be over in 5 games but what a comeback. Twice. Despise the Dodgers from my old American League days so I enjoyed it.

Good to have to choose between two options than have no prospects. Good luck with her decision.
Happy birthday sir and ................
tumblr_mwf7fzYkch1rlapeio3_250.gif
tumblr_mwf7fzYkch1rlapeio1_250.gif

Thanks for the well wishes for DD
(1) I am available for a job on your sales team.
(2) Congrats to dd on the job offer.
(3) That's a long acronym and i ran out of breath reading it. How about the Hole in the Wall gang? Has that been used yet? :lmao:
(1) Probably can't afford ya
(2) Thanks, she has jumped into adulthood with booth feet
(3)DisDadOldFartGreyHairsBourbonDrinkingClub
'Morning all...
Welcome to the backside of water... errr.. the week.
Yeah that's it; the week (spending too much time thinking about where I'd rather be, I suppose).
That makes two of us - juts need to get to my happy place. Thank goodness for the Feb trip to get a taste even though it is mostly "work"
Congrats to the kids for a good start on the never ending job of "adulting"
DC will be interesting to say the least and it's always better to have too many job offers then not enough.
Thanks. They are still working on a pot and a window but for a couple of 23 year olds they are in a good spot and pretty proud of 'em.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter