DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Seriously. I guess we're skipping autumn this year.

Autumn in Winnipeg:
scaletowidth

Welcome to the DDOFC.

Has a certain ring to it.

No, wait. That's just the ringing in my ears.

Glad it's improving. Hope that continues. Maybe you can try one of Norm's miracle braces?

I have one. It's called "a bed".

Okay...need some help guys...

I know how to write html for web pages, but tried to do that for my sig to add PTR into it. It does not work as plain html, so what is the way to make the PTR show up in the sig correctly?

In other words, it should be a clickable link, but then have text vs. the URL.

A "cold front" came through and brought storms last night and this morning. Cooler temps the next couple of days, supposed to be in the 60's with a high of 70. Still overcast but once the clouds move out it should be nice out there.

Good news for DS tonight, he is now a proud member of the Leo Hayes Varsity Basketball team.

Congrats to Declan.

Went up to the stage 2 knee brace at tennis tonight, the one with stabilizers and Velcro straps. It felt weird having something that heavy on my knee, but it worked. Not much pain at all. A major improvement.

Glad it is working. When I played soccer, used that kind of a brace. A bit bulky but I got used to it. Better than waking up with pain and swelling. Also didn't have to get the knee drained, not a fun procedure.

Back hurts a lot... but it's still better than yesterday and wayyy better than the day before.

Glad it is getting better. Hope you are at 100% soon.

Don't forget the Eagles! Hope they can hang on....just once in my lifetime...

"It's The End of the World as We Know it."

I know how to write html for web pages, but tried to do that for my sig to add PTR into it. It does not work as plain html, so what is the way to make the PTR show up in the sig correctly?

Here's the BB-Code for one of the TR links in my sig.
(I just replaced all of the "[" brackets with "{" braces so that it wouldn't execute and prevent you from reading it)

{URL='http://www.disboards.com/threads/the-final-frontier.3422714/']{B]The Final Frontier {/B](DCL without Young’ens){/URL]

Alter that and change the braces back to brackets and you should be good to go.

At the bottom of the post you want to link to is a number (#14165 on this one). Click on that number and it will give you the hyperlink. Copy that to your clipboard. Go to your user profile and click "Edit Signature".

Then type text, like the name of your PTR. Highlight that text. Then you can use the button that looks like a chain (the "link" icon) to open a field and paste the hyperlink. That should change the text you just highlighted to a link that opens to the page. I usually underline it as well so it shows up as a link a little better.

At the bottom of the post you want to link to is a number (#14165 on this one). Click on that number and it will give you the hyperlink. Copy that to your clipboard. Go to your user profile and click "Edit Signature".

Then type text, like the name of your PTR. Highlight that text. Then you can use the button that looks like a chain (the "link" icon) to open a field and paste the hyperlink. That should change the text you just highlighted to a link that opens to the page. I usually underline it as well so it shows up as a link a little better.
Woo hoo! Thanks. That was what I needed. I wish I could just insert the html myself, but I understand most folks can't do that. It did what I wanted, that's what matters. Thanks again!

Here's the BB-Code for one of the TR links in my sig.
(I just replaced all of the "[" brackets with "{" braces so that it wouldn't execute and prevent you from reading it)

{URL='http://www.disboards.com/threads/the-final-frontier.3422714/']{B]The Final Frontier {/B](DCL without Young’ens){/URL]

Alter that and change the braces back to brackets and you should be good to go.
Oooh...saw Mark's fist, but this makes more sense

Looks more like html, so might be easier to remember, although the other way Mark mentioned worked.

Thanks!

Go to your signature and edit it using the BB Code Editor (square box, top right, looks like a paper with a wrench on top)
put this in: [URL=the url you are linking to]your title here[/URL]

Here's one of mine, just for reference.
Look at it in BB code too.

Canadian Buffoon's Sweet 16 Celebration (current TR)

Go to your signature and edit it using the BB Code Editor (square box, top right, looks like a paper with a wrench on top)
put this in: [URL=the url you are linking to]your title here[/URL]

Here's one of mine, just for reference.
Look at it in BB code too.

Canadian Buffoon's Sweet 16 Celebration (current TR)

Yeah, as I mentioned to Rob, it looks similar to html.

In html it would be <a href="LINK">Text</a>

So substituting square brackets for angle brackets and URL for "a href"

Yep, looks like mostly html code replacing < with [ (see if this will work)
html <bold>text</bold> = [ b ]text [/ b ] minus the spaces
Yup. And if you want to show bb code without spaces or workarounds, just use: [PLAIN][/PLAIN]

Happy mid-week gents. Got a WDW trip added for February. Taking my inside sales team to Disney Institute for a 3 1/2 day program. Did this before 10 years ago but have a new leadership team in place now and want them to get some learnings. Sucks trying to schedule / book things like hotel going through the DI to do most of this. Good part will be staying at GF, the program includes a 2 day park hopper and DW is gonna join me on this trip. DD is settling in to DC and has two different job offers that she is now struggling with which one to take. One is NICU (neonatal intensive care unit ) and the other is Mother Baby Care (known to us old farts as maternity). The NICU is at a more prestigious hospital but obviously more intense. Good thing is that either way she has two good options off the bat.
Good news for DS tonight, he is now a proud member of the Leo Hayes Varsity Basketball team.
Congrats to Declan, well done!
Went up to the stage 2 knee brace at tennis tonight, the one with stabilizers and Velcro straps. It felt weird having something that heavy on my knee, but it worked. Not much pain at all. A major improvement.

Good thinking there Butch.

Out of Crown, and onto OZ Tyler bourbon. Us grey or gray hairs have to stay United.
Good to hear the brace helped
"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
I'm with ya on the grey hairs and the bourbon. Maybe we need a branch of this here club or sub group, the DDOFGHBDC.
Morning all. Looks like late summer is paying a visit again today, suppose to be pushing 80F today before some major rain starting tomorrow. The rain is much needed here. There has been to rain to speak of since late June and we have 3 fires burning near here that have been smouldering for a couple of months.
Dang, had frost advisory here this morning.
A "cold front" came through and brought storms last night and this morning. Cooler temps the next couple of days, supposed to be in the 60's with a high of 70. Still overcast but once the clouds move out it should be nice out there.
You posted this just to p--- us off didn't ya? Keep this up and Norm and his RV are gonna be there sooner than you thought.

Happy mid-week gents. Got a WDW trip added for February. Taking my inside sales team to Disney Institute for a 3 1/2 day program. Did this before 10 years ago but have a new leadership team in place now and want them to get some learnings. Sucks trying to schedule / book things like hotel going through the DI to do most of this. Good part will be staying at GF, the program includes a 2 day park hopper and DW is gonna join me on this trip. DD is settling in to DC and has two different job offers that she is now struggling with which one to take. One is NICU (neonatal intensive care unit ) and the other is Mother Baby Care (known to us old farts as maternity). The NICU is at a more prestigious hospital but obviously more intense. Good thing is that either way she has two good options off the bat.

Could I be part of your inside sales team?

I can get people to buy things while inside. Does that count?

Congrats to DD. Where in DC? I was stationed at the Pentagon and lived both in Alexandria (VA) and Bolling AFB.

Could I be part of your inside sales team?
We'd never gat anything done between talking sports and Disney, and kids ......................
I can get people to buy things while inside. Does that count?

Congrats to DD. Where in DC? I was stationed at the Pentagon and lived both in Alexandria (VA) and Bolling AFB.
They are living at Bolling base housing. He is assigned to White House Communications Agency doing his initial training and then we could be assigned to any number of posts tied to the WH. She is leaning towards the NICU offer which is at Inova Children's Hospital which is basically Alexandria - Falls Church VA

We'd never gat anything done between talking sports and Disney, and kids ......................

They are living at Bolling base housing. He is assigned to White House Communications Agency doing his initial training and then we could be assigned to any number of posts tied to the WH. She is leaning towards the NICU offer which is at Inova Children's Hospital which is basically Alexandria - Falls Church VA
Falls Church is quite a ways from Alexandria. If it's in Alexandria, it won't be too bad of a commute. Although any crossing of the Potomac tends to slow the commute significantly, coming from Bolling, she wouldn't be stuck in traffic crossing the bridge too long. If it's Falls Church, the commute will be significantly worse. She could take Marta to Falls Church, but she'd have to get a bus near Bolling to get to Marta (I did that for months).

For your SIL, congrats on WHC...I had several friends/co-workers get assigned there and I understand it's a pretty good assignment compared to many others in the DC area.

Falls Church is quite a ways from Alexandria. If it's in Alexandria, it won't be too bad of a commute. Although any crossing of the Potomac tends to slow the commute significantly, coming from Bolling, she wouldn't be stuck in traffic crossing the bridge too long. If it's Falls Church, the commute will be significantly worse. She could take Marta to Falls Church, but she'd have to get a bus near Bolling to get to Marta (I did that for months).

For your SIL, congrats on WHC...I had several friends/co-workers get assigned there and I understand it's a pretty good assignment compared to many others in the DC area.

Yea looks like she would take 495 for a 30-45 minute drive but her shifts will be 3 12 hr days so that will reduce trips. Regarding SIL I would assume this is a nice resume builder plus it keeps him off a ship. Not to get political here for sure, but I wished him all the best going into that gig :scared1:

COME ON, YOU RIP ROARIN" HIGH SCORIN" COCKNEY IRONS!

Or West Ham came back from 2 -0 down to beat dirty Spurs. Yay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter