DDP Experiences 2024

vinotinto

Just Keep Swimming
DDP is back, and there are a lot of questions, but not a lot of answers, so I’m starting a thread asking for DDP experiences from those who have used the plan in 2024. If you have used the plan in 2024, please report your experiences here.
  • Where did you use it?
  • What did you get?
  • What drinks are available for children under 10 and for “Disney dining adults,” ages 10-20?
  • Were there any items that had a surcharge?
  • It seems that can now use a TS at lounges (which seems like a terrible use of a TS credit, if it only includes a drink and a small plate), is this all that is included? (Spice Road would also fall into this category, as they only have small plates)
  • Were you able to use it for a package, like the Fantasmic package or an Epcot concert package?
  • Typically in January, third party vendors are still in negotiations with Disney and are not yet included in DDP, but often many were added within a few weeks. What is the status of 3rd party vendors, like Tangierine Cafe (currently showing as NOT accepting dining plans).

For reference, there are two dining plans being offered in 2024:
Disney Dining Plan (DDP)
- $94.28 per adult, per day and $29.69 per child (ages 3 to 9), per day.
- Includes 1 TS (entrée or buffet + dessert + beverage), 1 QS (entrée or combo meal + beverage), 1 snack

Quick Service Dining Plan (QSDP)
- $57.01 per adult, per day, and $23.83 per child (ages 3 to 9), per day.
- Includes 2 QS (entrée or combo meal + beverage), 1 snack

Last edited:
DDP is back, and there are a lot of questions, but not a lot of answers, so I’m starting a thread asking for DDP experiences from those who have used the plan in 2024.
  • Typically in January, third party vendors are still in negotiations with Disney and are not yet included in DDP, but often many were added within a few weeks. What is the status of 3rd party vendors, like Tangierine Cafe (currently showing as NOT accepting dining plans).
Thank you for starting this thread. I, too, have many questions.
Currently Tangierine Cafe is showing as "Dining Plans Not Accepted" on WDW website. But it's listed on several "official" lists of Disney bloggers (Tom Bricker being one). I will be watching closely to see if it's officially added on the website or if persons here report that they've been able to use their QS credits there. It's one of my faves!

Thank you for starting this thread. I, too, have many questions.
Currently Tangierine Cafe is showing as "Dining Plans Not Accepted" on WDW website. But it's listed on several "official" lists of Disney bloggers (Tom Bricker being one). I will be watching closely to see if it's officially added on the website or if persons here report that they've been able to use their QS credits there. It's one of my faves!
I thought the Tangierine Cafe (as we used to know and love) closed down during Covid and never re-opened, and now it’s just been used as a festival booth. So possibly could use snack credits there during festivals? I don’t know.

I thought the Tangierine Cafe (as we used to know and love) closed down during Covid and never re-opened, and now it’s just been used as a festival booth. So possibly could use snack credits there during festivals? I don’t know.
That would explain it! If there aren't QS meals, they would not take the a QS credit, but if they are open during a festival, we may be able to use snack credits. I miss Tangierine Cafe. The platters were so delicious!

Thanks for starting this thread. So many threads here just turn into opinions about the use of the plan. Will be nice to have a place that is for actual experiences. We have a family trip coming up in February, 7 adults and we will be on the QSDP.
Based on recent vloggers I have looked at it seems not all menu signage has been updated around the world yet. Hopefully that does get done soon but in the meantime actual experiences about what's in and out of plan would be super helpful.

I purchased the QSDP for the first night of my 6 night stay (1/15) as it was a separate reservation at Boulder Ridge. Picked up my mug there.

Credit 1 used at Woody’s Lunch Box. BBQ Brisket Melt and a Grown-ups Lemonade. $28.93

Credit 2 used at Oasis Pool Bar and Grill. Cheeseburger (maybe with bacon) and a Voyager. $29.81

Snack used for Blondie Pie with Chopped Twix at Main Street Confectionery. $7.44

I did not even think to ask at the quick service window at Geyser Point whether they would take it. Unless they included a bar beverage as an option, it would not make much sense. Hopefully someone gets an answer to that and posts it.

I will say I enjoyed everything I ate while using the dining plan. The Twix blondie was so yummy after warming it in the microwave for 30 seconds!

Last edited:

I purchased the QSDP for the first night of my 6 night stay (1/15) as it was a separate reservation at Boulder Ridge. Picked up my mug there.

Credit 1 used as Woody’s Lunch Box. BBQ Brisket Melt and a Grown-ups Lemonade. $28.93

Credit 2 used at Oasis Pool Bar and Grill. Cheeseburger (maybe with bacon) and a Voyager. $29.81

Snack used for Blondie Pie with Chopped Twix at Main Street Confectionery. $7.44

I did not even think to ask at the quick service window at Geyser Point whether they would take it. Unless they included a bar beverage as an option, it would not make much sense. Hopefully someone gets an answer to that and posts it.

I will say I enjoyed everything I ate while using the dining plan. The Twix blondie was so yummy after warming it in the microwave for 30 seconds!
So exciting to get our first report!

Credit 1 used as Woody’s Lunch Box. BBQ Brisket Melt and a Grown-ups Lemonade. $28.93

We plan on doing the same... Yes DVC for the mug. since it has been a number of years and the last time we actually had 2 resorts which was a disaster due to plane delays... How did you lay out the reservation for the same resort. One night then 6 night under same name or did you use a different name for first night (In my case my wife also a member) and most important did they allow you stay in the same room.
In the past I have had multiples in same resort combined into one which would not work in this case.

We plan on doing the same... Yes DVC for the mug. since it has been a number of years and the last time we actually had 2 resorts which was a disaster due to plane delays... How did you lay out the reservation for the same resort. One night then 6 night under same name or did you use a different name for first night (In my case my wife also a member) and most important did they allow you stay in the same room.
In the past I have had multiples in same resort combined into one which would not work in this
This trip was easy because I was solo the first night and using one of my own contracts. The rest of our stay at Boulder Ridge was booked using my friends contract and she came down on Tuesday. When I checked in on Monday, I asked if it would be possible to stay in the same room. They took a look and said sure. Easy at Boulder Ridge because a studio is a studio is a studio.

My May trip is a different story, because I have four nights in a standard studio at Riviera. So I booked the first night separately and quickly added the dining plan. Then I booked the next three nights. I used the same contract for all four nights, but member services should not combine them since the dining plan has already been paid for on that first night reservation. For my Labor Day week trip I will be solo. So I will book the first night with just my name and then the other nights will add my sister to the reservation. I will do that just so member services won’t think they are doing me a favor by combining them. 🤣

On a sidenote, I have five DVC member numbers that cover multiple contracts. Anytime I have the same room type crossing membership numbers I just ask member services to make a note in the reservation. I always double check when I arrive at the resort to check in. I have never had to change rooms.

I can't say whether or not you can use a QS credit at Geyser Point but I *DO* know** you can get wine from the QS window. I still have (it's so cute!) my little 187ml plastic container with the snap off lid that my Pino Grigio came in with our QS from Geyser Point. Pretty sure DH got a beer (he didn't keep the bottle LOL). Not sure about mixed cocktails.
Would be REALLY interested in hearing that someone recently used their QS credit there successfully!

**This was in Oct 2021. Things may have changed. Everything is so fluid in WDW.

I can't say whether or not you can use a QS credit at Geyser Point but I *DO* know** you can get wine from the QS window. I still have (it's so cute!) my little 187ml plastic container with the snap off lid that my Pino Grigio came in with our QS from Geyser Point. Pretty sure DH got a beer (he didn't keep the bottle LOL). Not sure about mixed cocktails.
Would be REALLY interested in hearing that someone recently used their QS credit there successfully!

**This was in Oct 2021. Things may have changed. Everything is so fluid in WDW.
Those little wines and beers are available at most QS locations at resorts, but I don’t drink those so appreciate the option for a frozen drink🙂

Mug question. When we bought a mug last year (not DDP) even though we were only staying for 5 nights, our mug showed up as good for 14+ days. Was your mug good for the entire trip even though you only bought DDP for the one night??

That right there gave your one night of DDP great value.

Mug question. When we bought a mug last year (not DDP) even though we were only staying for 5 nights, our mug showed up as good for 14+ days. Was your mug good for the entire trip even though you only bought DDP for the one night??

That right there gave your one night of DDP great value.
Yes, my mug is good until 1/29. 14 days is the standard activation period.

Yes, my mug is good until 1/29. 14 days is the standard activation period.
I think this is one of those things that are not clear. Disney seems to say "length of stay, up to 14 days" which I assume is attached to the hotel reservation which purchased the cup. I would seem it should deactivate once you are checked out that first day. If it isn't and going the full 14 days even though the reservation has concluded it would seem a one night stay with DDP would be quite the loop hole to get the mug without paying for the Dining Plan. This would be very advantageous to larger parties.

I think this is one of those things that are not clear. Disney seems to say "length of stay, up to 14 days" which I assume is attached to the hotel reservation which purchased the cup. I would seem it should deactivate once you are checked out that first day. If it isn't and going the full 14 days even though the reservation has concluded it would seem a one night stay with DDP would be quite the loop hole to get the mug without paying for the Dining Plan. This would be very advantageous to larger parties.
Agree, the one night DDP is a pretty good deal if you have a continuing stay because of the mug. I've been buying the resort mug for years now and it's always been good for 14 days, even when our trip was shorter. On some (and maybe all by now) of the soda machines, the expiration date will be displayed when you set the mug down to fill (when it reads the chip). Wonder if they will close that loophole, even though a cup of soda only costs them about a penny, if that.

Those little wines and beers are available at most QS locations at resorts, but I don’t drink those so appreciate the option for a frozen drink🙂
I was just posting it as general information for those reading this thread. At least *some* adult beverages are available at Geyser Point take out window.

I have never had a mug NOT be valid for 14 days, and I always do split stays. A few times I have had one valid for 28 days, and once for 3 months!!

I found it fascinating to look at the breakdown of the QSDP charge on my resort folio...the cost for the mug is $4.29. The snack is $5.86, and the 2 QS meals $46.86.

I would think it would be mostly DVC folks like me or Annual Passholders that would be likely to just book a single night reservation to get the dining plan. People without park admission tied to their resort booking.

I think you'd be hard pressed to make the QS dining plan worth it.
I did a sample day with two QS at MK, snack and the charge of the refillable cup broken down over the length of stay and I would be paying more with the QSDP.

I think it makes it worth it if you order an alcoholic beverage with one of the meals but otherwise, not worth it to me.

This trip was easy because I was solo the first night and using one of my own contracts. The rest of our stay at Boulder Ridge was booked using my friends contract and she came down on Tuesday. When I checked in on Monday, I asked if it would be possible to stay in the same room. They took a look and said sure. Easy at Boulder Ridge because a studio is a studio is a studio.

My May trip is a different story, because I have four nights in a standard studio at Riviera. So I booked the first night separately and quickly added the dining plan. Then I booked the next three nights. I used the same contract for all four nights, but member services should not combine them since the dining plan has already been paid for on that first night reservation. For my Labor Day week trip I will be solo. So I will book the first night with just my name and then the other nights will add my sister to the reservation. I will do that just so member services won’t think they are doing me a favor by combining them. 🤣

On a sidenote, I have five DVC member numbers that cover multiple contracts. Anytime I have the same room type crossing membership numbers I just ask member services to make a note in the reservation. I always double check when I arrive at the resort to check in. I have never had to change rooms.
Thanks for the info...
BR and CC seem to have great CM's same use to said about the Poly years ago... Not sure anymore.
I have had them combined by calling when I had to book nights a few at time. Waitlist they auto combined. Never know what they will do.
I will booked one night in my wife's name for now since my dates may change. We are staying at BR as well this year so hopefully we do not have change rooms.... The big chairs by the fireplace are calling my name again.
But even doing this I figure 34 a person for 2 CS meal and a snack. I understand the Alcohol part but numbers can be close without or even negative without some planning-as in finding something you want not just order because of price- just do not see how anyone can make out over a week without a lot of inconvenience but I 100% get the prepaid value as well...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter