DDP Experiences 2024

If I am using my magic band to purchase food and I want to use DP for part and CC for the other part, can I do that in one order or do I have to split the order in two?
For example: Starbuck Coffee for Snack Credit and one pastry on CC.

I purchased the QSDP for the first night of my 6 night stay (1/15) as it was a separate reservation at Boulder Ridge. Picked up my mug there.

Credit 1 used as Woody’s Lunch Box. BBQ Brisket Melt and a Grown-ups Lemonade. $28.93

Credit 2 used at Oasis Pool Bar and Grill. Cheeseburger (maybe with bacon) and a Voyager. $29.81

Snack used for Blondie Pie with Chopped Twix at Main Street Confectionery. $7.44

I did not even think to ask at the quick service window at Geyser Point whether they would take it. Unless they included a bar beverage as an option, it would not make much sense. Hopefully someone gets an answer to that and posts it.

I will say I enjoyed everything I ate while using the dining plan. The Twix blondie was so yummy after warming it in the microwave for 30 seconds!
What a great idea! Love it! I added a night on to my July trip as a separate reservation and added the QSDP to that 1 night. Looking forward to checking out QS menus so I can maximize the value of those credits.

Just returned from a too short 2 night / 3 day stay. 1 adult and 2 children on the DDP, cost was $307.35 which was paid for with a discounted gift card from costco. Total food value was $351.31 plus the value of 3 refillable mugs. One could argue we came out ahead by about $100 but I'm not sure we would have purchased 3 mugs; although we did use them several times and enjoy them at home as well. We used credits at steakhouse 71, polite pig, primo piatto, pesco bills, sanaa, epcot food booths and magic kingdom snacks. We were there for moonlight magic so we supplemented the meal plan food with our snack certificates and too much free ice cream. Mobile order was very easy and automatically applied the correct credits. I made sure to use my adult meal credits at restaurants that had adult beverages (polite pig and steakhouse 71), without those the value of the meal plan would have been ruined. We like to share food and didn't have any issues ordering meals to share (we used 2 adult credits at steakhouse 71 and 0 adult meals at Sanna). We did have 1 kids table service credit left at the end of the trip which we were allowed to exchange for a quick service meal. We did not attempt to swap a meal credit for snack credits.

Just returned from a too short 2 night / 3 day stay. 1 adult and 2 children on the DDP, cost was $307.35 which was paid for with a discounted gift card from costco. Total food value was $351.31 plus the value of 3 refillable mugs. One could argue we came out ahead by about $100 but I'm not sure we would have purchased 3 mugs; although we did use them several times and enjoy them at home as well. We used credits at steakhouse 71, polite pig, primo piatto, pesco bills, sanaa, epcot food booths and magic kingdom snacks. We were there for moonlight magic so we supplemented the meal plan food with our snack certificates and too much free ice cream. Mobile order was very easy and automatically applied the correct credits. I made sure to use my adult meal credits at restaurants that had adult beverages (polite pig and steakhouse 71), without those the value of the meal plan would have been ruined. We like to share food and didn't have any issues ordering meals to share (we used 2 adult credits at steakhouse 71 and 0 adult meals at Sanna). We did have 1 kids table service credit left at the end of the trip which we were allowed to exchange for a quick service meal. We did not attempt to swap a meal credit for snack credits.
Yeah! Thanks for sharing your experience! Did you order anything else and paid OOP at Sanaa, or did you order only 2 children meals? It's good to hear you can still share!

Yeah! Thanks for sharing your experience! Did you order anything else and paid OOP at Sanaa, or did you order only 2 children meals? It's good to hear you can still share!
We did order bread service and kids carrots with dip to share OOP at Sanaa.

If I am using my magic band to purchase food and I want to use DP for part and CC for the other part, can I do that in one order or do I have to split the order in two?
If placing a mobile order, I think the only way to do this would be if the gift card only has a few dollars left, then the rest of balance would be charged to cc on file. I think that is what you are asking. Otherwise, I think you'd have to split it into two orders.

In person I have had CM's make mistakes when we tried to split payment- like using DDP for some meals and use cc for other meals at same table. They generally should be able to do that, but are sometimes prone to mistakes especially if you have a large group/complicated order.

If on the app, there is a way. I wouldn’t imagine you can do it with magic band payment though maybe a cast member could do it.

Watch this video starting 6:42 for explanation of how to do it in the app.

We are at Animal Kingdom now and I just asked at Nomad Lounge about DP and it is TS only.
This is what I heard too. All lounges are now included in DDP as a TS. Question is, what does it include? They don’t have entrees, just appetizers/small plates. If it only includes a small plate, a “dessert ” and a drink that is truly a terrible use of a TS. The *max* value for Nomad assuming the highest value of a small plate, an alcoholic beverage and a dessert would be: $48+ tax.

This is what I heard too. All lounges are now included in DDP as a TS. Question is, what does it include? They don’t have entrees, just appetizers/small plates. If it only includes a small plate, a “dessert ” and a drink that is truly a terrible use of a TS. The *max* value for Nomad assuming the highest value of a small plate, an alcoholic beverage and a dessert would be: $48+ tax.
Yes, somebody tested this out and said it’s a terrible use of a TS. One appetizer would count as an entree.

Yes, somebody tested this out and said it’s a terrible use of a TS. One appetizer would count as an entree.
We have paid out of pocket for QS Dining as an add on to our package from the UK. Now we’re here I honestly don’t think we will break even. I am though keeping all my receipts and will add them up at the end. I think Disney will need to tweek this dining plan a lot to hook the majority!! If anyone one has any specific questions I’ll see if I can answer them while I’m here.

We have paid out of pocket for QS Dining as an add on to our package from the UK. Now we’re here I honestly don’t think we will break even. I am though keeping all my receipts and will add them up at the end. I think Disney will need to tweek this dining plan a lot to hook the majority!! If anyone one has any specific questions I’ll see if I can answer them while I’m here.
I would love to get some kind of idea of what drinks are included in your meal outside of soda. Milkshakes, slushes, etc. I've looked in the app but really the only things marked are snacks. My teens really love slushes, smoothies, etc. I think the biggest disappointment for us is going to be that there's only one snack included each day

Can anyone confirm if the cinnamon rolls at Gaston's tavern are still an allowed snack?

This aspect of the DDP is one I do not miss now that we have gotten away from using it.

I would love to get some kind of idea of what drinks are included in your meal outside of soda. Milkshakes, slushes, etc. I've looked in the app but really the only things marked are snacks. My teens really love slushes, smoothies, etc. I think the biggest disappointment for us is going to be that there's only one snack included each day
My understanding and from reading some recent accounts on various sources is that yes, an adult QS meal does include slushies, smoothies, shakes etc, unless it's in a souvenir cup. For the kids' QS credits, I think the beverage options are more limited. But a teen is a Disney adult so I think your kids should be good!

Planning to test this myself during our trip in a couple weeks and can report back!

I think this is one of those things that are not clear. Disney seems to say "length of stay, up to 14 days" which I assume is attached to the hotel reservation which purchased the cup. I would seem it should deactivate once you are checked out that first day. If it isn't and going the full 14 days even though the reservation has concluded it would seem a one night stay with DDP would be quite the loop hole to get the mug without paying for the Dining Plan. This would be very advantageous to larger parties.
So not with the DDP but we bought mugs on our last trip, which was a split stay and I assumed we’d only be able to use them for the first resort, but they are good for the whole trip.

So not with the DDP but we bought mugs on our last trip, which was a split stay and I assumed we’d only be able to use them for the first resort, but they are good for the whole trip.
Yes you can use any mug bought for 14days sometimes I've even seen longer experation dates. The mug will work at any disney resort for that length of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter