• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Debt Dumpers - 2018

So good thing I purchased the washer as a load yesterday took an hour to wash! The new machine will be delivered next Friday.

Mine always take an hour to wash... does yours normally take much less time than that? Mine depends on the settings, but the shortest time is 45 minutes for a small load, which I rarely have.

Mine always take an hour to wash... does yours normally take much less time than that? Mine depends on the settings, but the shortest time is 45 minutes for a small load, which I rarely have.

Getting ready to say the same thing. Sorry to say but these new washers take a looooong time to wash stuff!

Rough morning. Been up with sick kids (colds) since 3am. I meant it took 3 hours to wash :).

Getting ready to say the same thing. Sorry to say but these new washers take a looooong time to wash stuff!

I don't know. For twenty + years my default time to wash has been an hour, and 90 minutes to dry. Using 8 different washer / dryers and laudromats. Only difference I see now with my HE is it tells me beforehand how long rather than ne waiting for the *ding*.

So I was able to get all of my Advance Dining Reservations this morning at 6am on the mde app (benefit to being up at 3am with sick kids). The website, as usual, was super glitchy. Booked old favorites such as Narcoossee's, Sci Fi, and Via Napoli. We also enjoyed Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' so much last year, were doing it twice this year for lunch and dinner. We also have Ohana dinner and Be Our Guest breakfast which is new for us. We've done dinner there three times previously. I understand BOG is switching to a fixed 3 course menu at dinner for a whopping $55 per adult. DD will be 12 so she's a Disney "adult". No thank you. We already have to pay for an adult meal for her at Ohana's (well worth it).

We also plan to do Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party again on the 24th so I did not book any ADR's for that day since we can enter the park at 4:00pm.

Last edited:

Another week not using EZpass. :) We're going to divert that money to the college funds. DH had his performance review this week. Next check he'll get a bonus (that will go into savings for now) and in a couple paychecks his increase will kick in. DS decided not to take one of his AP tests so I rewrote the check and saved myself $94.

I have a top-loading HE washer and it probably takes about 35-40 min to cycle through a large load.

So I was able to get all of my Advance Dining Reservations this morning at 6am on the mde app (benefit to being up at 3am with sick kids). The website, as usual, was super glitchy. Booked old favorites such as Narcoossee's, Sci Fi, and Via Napoli. We also enjoyed Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' so much last year, were doing it twice this year for lunch and dinner. We also have Ohana dinner and Be Our Guest breakfast which is new for us. We've done dinner there three times previously. I understand BOG is switching to a fixed 3 course menu at dinner for a whopping $55 per adult. DD will be 12 so she's a Disney "adult". No thank you. We already have to pay for an adult meal for her at Ohana's (well worth it).

We also plan to do Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party again on the 24th so I did not book any ADR's for that day since we can enter the park at 4:00pm.
We were just talking about Narcoossee's over the weekend. We've been twice, once when we were on the deluxe dining plan and the kids were both kids, and once OOP. We love it. The kids were talking about how much it costs, but you know, if you can do it and enjoy it, you only live once.

I mailed out DH's immigration documents today. His green card officially expires tomorrow, so I decided to overnight express mail it. The petition filing fee was $680 and the shipping cost another $25. I will be happy once he can apply for citizenship next year and we are done giving so much money to the Dept. of Homeland Security.

We were just talking about Narcoossee's over the weekend. We've been twice, once when we were on the deluxe dining plan and the kids were both kids, and once OOP. We love it. The kids were talking about how much it costs, but you know, if you can do it and enjoy it, you only live once.
Yes, we figure it into our dining budget and it's the most expensive restaurant we eat at throughout the year! That's how we justify it.

Last edited:
I understand BOG is switching to a fixed 3 course menu at dinner for a whopping $55 per adult.

Wow, sad to hear this. BOG is our favorite MK restaurant, but that will probably be a deal breaker for us with 6 adults as we're up in the air about doing DDP on our next trip.

I decided to come in to work today- I just got here. I haven't had a fever since my first dose of Tamiflu at 9:30 yesterday morning and woke up feeling better this morning than I did yesterday. I sent my paralegal a text and told her I was coming in and shutting my door and for everyone to just stay away from me, even though I feel totally fine. I don't know if I had some sort of 24 hour viral thing or if I was trying to get the flu and the tamiflu just cut out the legs from under it before it could even really get started. Either way, I am thankful and now hopeful that DH doesn't get it! I told him if he felt congested at all or started coughing he needed to go get Tamiflu ASAP as I'm sure they'll give it to him once he tells them he's been exposed. It's his work conference we're traveling to next week so we definitely don't need him getting sick!

I love my Speed Queen washer. Set on Heavy Duty (vs. Eco) with medium soil setting it takes 31 mins, 36 mins for heavy soil. It doesn't claim to make less noise or use less water or energy but it's made in the USA with real metal parts and I love it. When dh's work clothes are gross, I know it will fill to the top with piping hot water before I even put the clothes in. It also has 2nd or 3rd rinse settings too.
It has a 5 yr complete warranty, 15 yr transmission warranty and lifetime tub rust warranty. This was 2 yrs ago anyway. It wasn't cheap but it was definitely worth it. They're not sold in the big box stores but we found a great little family-owned independent store nearby and they delivered it the next day.

The only problem with it being so fast is that it takes 2 dryers to keep up with the washer, which I have. Once laundry day gets rolling, there's really not much time in between to start other chores because I'm constantly folding & putting away.

This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. I was sick most of January due to a coworker who is actually maxed out on sick time (can't accumulate anymore since she has so much) who wouldn't stay home at all - didn't take even one sick day. I on the other hand tend to get everything and am scraping the bottom of the barrel as well with sick time. I wish employers would be better about asking people to stay home when sick!

I’m down with flu A right now. I can barely function. How do people go to work with it?

Wow, sad to hear this. BOG is our favorite MK restaurant, but that will probably be a deal breaker for us with 6 adults as we're up in the air about doing DDP on our next trip.

I decided to come in to work today- I just got here. I haven't had a fever since my first dose of Tamiflu at 9:30 yesterday morning and woke up feeling better this morning than I did yesterday. I sent my paralegal a text and told her I was coming in and shutting my door and for everyone to just stay away from me, even though I feel totally fine. I don't know if I had some sort of 24 hour viral thing or if I was trying to get the flu and the tamiflu just cut out the legs from under it before it could even really get started. Either way, I am thankful and now hopeful that DH doesn't get it! I told him if he felt congested at all or started coughing he needed to go get Tamiflu ASAP as I'm sure they'll give it to him once he tells them he's been exposed. It's his work conference we're traveling to next week so we definitely don't need him getting sick!

He could take it prophylactically. It is indicated for that also on the patient info insert. (yes, I read all that stuff :magnify:)
I called our pediatrician to request it for ds17 and they had no qualms calling it in when I told them half our household has the flu.

I’m down with flu A right now. I can barely function. How do people go to work with it?

My coworker was in with it coughing his head off and miserable, and leaving early every day but telling us all he wasn't contagious. :sad2:

I honestly don't know. It kicked my butt just to get up, take a shower, blowdry my hair, put on clean PJs.

Oh and this was the day before the Eagles Superbowl parade so ds17 called me from a friend's house on the other side of town to ask me to hurry to our local train station to buy special parade-day tickets that have limited availability for him and 2 friends, one of whom has a driver's license)
This was during peak rush hour, while pouring outside and the particular station I'd have to go to has a giant parking lot. I'll just walk a mile in the rain with a fever/flu while struggling to shake off my last viral illness from Dec. Suuuuuurrrreeee!:crazy::tongue:
Teenagers!!! Ugh!!

Last edited:
He could take it prophylactically. It is indicated for that also on the patient info insert. (yes, I read all that stuff :magnify:)
I called our pediatrician to request it for ds17 and they had no qualms calling it in when I told them half our household has the flu.

Interesting... I'm going to keep a close eye on him and see. He usually has a very good immune system. I had the three week-long respiratory virus over Christmas and was basically a big gross mess and he never got that. Glad we have this Better Med nearby. I've gone to them several times and think they're a lot better than Patient First. They're also quick to write a note to get you out of work, if you have the kind of workplace that needs that type of thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter