Debt Dumpers - 2019

We are having a blast at Disney. DD is much more engaged with the rides than she was at DL in November. She naps easily in her stroller so we have been spending the whole day in the parks so far. This morning DD got her first haircut at Harmony barbershop and she was so good. And she has been eating like a pro from our meals rather than buying a kids meal for her. Last night we ate at the Skipper Canteen and she had lamb, shrimp, scallops, and fish plus broccoli, fingerling potatoes, and carrot purée. We got Quicksand for dessert and it was so yummy. I love that place. Tomorrow is Epcot and again on Friday for Flower and Garden Fedtival. I can’t wait for my favorite park.

Epcot is my favorite park also! I wish I was there for the Flower and Garden Festival! Shoveled snow in sub-zero temps yesterday morning - would so much rather be there. :laughing:

Hope you continue to have an awesome trip!

Just back from the ortho and no surgery for my big girl!! I'm so relieved! She has 3.5 more weeks in the cast and then we can get it off. She's learning how to live with it instead of letting it hinder her, which is great progress.
I was also able to schedule the cast removal for my day off, after DF gets off work. So neither of us will need to miss work.

DH and I ended up booking flights out to Texas for memorial day weekend. Since we had to adjust our days to flying out Friday and returning on Monday, we ended up paying $300 more than we would have if we could have gone Saturday-Tuesday. My best friend and her DH covered the $300 difference though since they really want us to come out there and they are unable to come out here at the moment. Instead of taking the $600 my roommate gives us and putting it toward our last CC debt, I ended up just paying off our flights instead. So next month that $600 will for sure be going to the CC debt and will bring it down to $1600 owed. Even though I didn't pay down that CC as much as I wanted this month, I have no regrets since I really can't wait to see my bestie.

DH and I went to Disneyland on Saturday, where of course it just had to rain. :crazy2: On the plus side the crowds were fabulous. We actually had room to walk around and breathe. We didn't really spend any money other than on food, no souvenirs this time around as they just didn't have anything I really wanted. And my waffle maker was delivered on Friday so i'm thinking about making breakfast for dinner tonight. :cool1:

Update on my car drama. Estimated ship date for the part for my car was 3/8. I called today to talk to the service department manager to check and see if that date has changed. Guess, what?! It has. Now it says March 20. I GET IT. It's a new car, there's no repair parts. But even if it shipped by 3/20, by the time it got into the country, got to my dealer and my car was fixed, I will have been in the rental for 2 MONTHS. I only had the car for 4 MONTHS before this issue.

So he gave me all the information for me to call KIA and see if someone there could help me. They are escalating my case to the next level because it's been more than 10 days. She was going to make a couple calls and then I should get a call in 1-2 business days. I've decided that in addition to my next oil change free, they are going to clean and detail my car :mad::mad:

I've spent a lot this weekend. I got a hair cut because it's been about 2 years (I know!) and went to a baptism.

Turns out they screwed up my hair. I didn't notice right away because they curled it for me, but it's like an inch and a half longer on one side than the other. AHHHHHH!!!! I'm going back tomorrow to have it fixed.

Ugh.

Well, paychecks were deposited, with missing several days of work each due to DD3 arm fiasco, we brought home $1500.89. And I immediately called the lawyers and settled our account with an electronic check for $1500. They are immediately sending the cease garnishment order to work and a paid off letter to the clerk.

I'm glad I actually paid a few things ahead out of what was left of my tax return and did that massive grocery shopping. My mom is paying me back $80 for renewing our family Sam's membership (we alternate paying and it is their year to pay, but I was at the store already) and I'll have a credit card as backup if needed, but I think we will be just fine for the 2 weeks. Being "broke" for the 14 days is so much better than still paying $700/month for the next 10 months!

So, in March debt dumping news:
$2000 of furniture loan paid off ($250 savings)
$7000 car garnishment paid off, settled at $1500 ($700 savings)

I've spent a lot this weekend. I got a hair cut because it's been about 2 years (I know!) and went to a baptism.

Turns out they screwed up my hair. I didn't notice right away because they curled it for me, but it's like an inch and a half longer on one side than the other. AHHHHHH!!!! I'm going back tomorrow to have it fixed.

Ugh.

I'm not sure how a hair stylist messes up by an 1.5 inches. o_Oo_O

The end of February was tough for me. I did OK, meaning, I'm not adding new debt but my last check ($2900) is pretty much gone and I've been doing better with having money at my next payday. I do have money in savings, and I haven't added to my debt, but I think I'm going to have to figure out how much I can comfortably pay each month while still having something left over. I will remain working hard though, I won't be adding to my debt again - unless there 's some huge disaster. My husband annoyed me this AM. He sent me a link to amazon for something he wants ( he says we need it) and asked me to buy it. He has his own account and I get a bit tired of him asking me to pick things up. But, I need to just shut my mouth and get it, but I can't lie, I resent it when he knows I'm working to pay things down PLUS I bought his $250 birthday present this month - which I sold something collectable of mine to make it simple to pay- AND put a deposit on next years vacation for both of us.

Me either, but it's pretty bad. I don't know how I didn't notice until the next day lol

Yeah that's kinda bad lol. I'm not sure if i'd trust the same person to fix it.

I am glad to hear your waffle maker has been delivered! Mine is still processing. Ugh.

Fingers crossed that yours ships soon! I keep checking online to see if they've come back in stock since I know @Shughart and @imbatman are anxiously awaiting their return, but so far no luck. :(

The end of February was tough for me. I did OK, meaning, I'm not adding new debt but my last check ($2900) is pretty much gone and I've been doing better with having money at my next payday. I do have money in savings, and I haven't added to my debt, but I think I'm going to have to figure out how much I can comfortably pay each month while still having something left over. I will remain working hard though, I won't be adding to my debt again - unless there 's some huge disaster. My husband annoyed me this AM. He sent me a link to amazon for something he wants ( he says we need it) and asked me to buy it. He has his own account and I get a bit tired of him asking me to pick things up. But, I need to just shut my mouth and get it, but I can't lie, I resent it when he knows I'm working to pay things down PLUS I bought his $250 birthday present this month - which I sold something collectable of mine to make it simple to pay- AND put a deposit on next years vacation for both of us.

Why can't you ask him to make the purchase himself? Is it truly something that you both need, or something that he "needs"? It sounds like maybe you need to sit down and have a talk with him. And keep on pushing on, it does get better. :daisy:

Fingers crossed that yours ships soon! I keep checking online to see if they've come back in stock since I know @Shughart and @imbatman are anxiously awaiting their return, but so far no luck. :(

How was yours shipped? We leave for WDW on Fri and I'm hoping it isn't delievered and just sitting on our porch for a week.

How was yours shipped? We leave for WDW on Fri and I'm hoping it isn't delievered and just sitting on our porch for a week.

It was shipped via UPS. Once they shipped it I got an e-mail from Disney saying was shipped. Luckily my dad was at my house while we were gone this weekend so mine didn't sit on the porch.

I'm not sure how a hair stylist messes up by an 1.5 inches. o_Oo_O

I've had it happen as well - more like an inch or less off though. I've since just been cutting my hair myself. I think it turns out looking better and it's free! :laughing:

I've had it happen as well - more like an inch or less off though. I've since just been cutting my hair myself. I think it turns out looking better and it's free! :laughing:

I guess this is why I trust very few people with my hair lol. Usually my issue is that they cut more than I wanted off. Now I have the lady who does my nails cut my hair, and I always feel like she isn't going to cut off enough. :laughing:

Woohoo! We ended up getting a tax return (I wasn’t sure if we would) but since we made improvements to our rental when we thought we were holding onto it long-term, we were able to deduct those expenses. It’s a pretty good size return and that is expected to hit our account tomorrow. Also, my DH’s annual bonus will be paid on Friday. Their bonuses aren’t huge (usually about $5k) but it’s definitely a nice extra!

We had a fun weekend as my daughter was in a production of ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’. She was just in the children’s ensemble, but had some fun scenes. The kid who played Joseph was AMAZING! I wish there was a way to link a video because this kid was just crazy good. It was so fun to watch my daughter up there having the time of her life with a group of super talented kids. She’s only 11, but definitely has talent herself and a love for musical theater. It will be fun to see where she goes with it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter