Debt Dumpers - 2019

My $400 student loan payment finally posted from last month! Down to $2700.

We received our state tax refunds but not our federal yet. It doesn't show anything on the status checker, but we did have to mail so I'm not sure if that affects it. I mailed on Feb 18 and it says up to 6 weeks on mailed tax refunds. Hopefully it shows up soon!

Waiting for my electronic check to clear for the lawyer. It's driving me crazy because it has to clear by the 10th. Any idea how long it usually takes for something like that to process?

Last year when we sold our house we moved into a condo (it is basically an apartment). We had wanted to live in this condo building forever but I had never lived in anything apartment style so I thought we should rent for a year. We have been renting and our landlord had said he doesn't want to sell. Landlord called the other day to renew our lease and said he would now be willing to discuss selling. We renewed for another year but plan on buying it at that point or sooner. Now just to stay motivated to pay this debt down!

Waiting for my electronic check to clear for the lawyer. It's driving me crazy because it has to clear by the 10th. Any idea how long it usually takes for something like that to process?
No, hope it doesn't take them long!

Was this an ACH transfer or a online banking check? Online banking check usually takes a few business days to show up where you sent it.

Was this an ACH transfer or a online banking check? Online banking check usually takes a few business days to show up where you sent it.

I'm not sure? She took the routing number, check number, and account number over the phone. I'll try giving them a call later on and follow up. I'm just concerned because it doesn't even show pending on the account.

my full size upright freezer is on life support:sad::sad::sad: from what we can determine from google searching the symptoms the fan is likely shot. we weighed the options but when it comes down to it i feel it's a better value to buy a new one vs. putting out 1/3 of that cost on repairing one that's probably only a couple years out from it's end of life expectancy so..........................

went to the appliance store, found one on sale:worship: AND the cost will be greatly offset by the decrease in property taxes this year (got the notice yesterday-over a $300 per year drop, something to do w/a statewide change in how they calculate school levies) so while not an anticipated expense, one that's manageable (and thankfully caught before i lost anything more than a few bags of frozen foods-everything else is smushed into the bottom which continues to freeze like a charm, or in the small side by side fridge's (i learned it's freezer is precisely the width of a frozen dijorno pizza:rotfl:)

my full size upright freezer is on life support:sad::sad::sad: from what we can determine from google searching the symptoms the fan is likely shot. we weighed the options but when it comes down to it i feel it's a better value to buy a new one vs. putting out 1/3 of that cost on repairing one that's probably only a couple years out from it's end of life expectancy so..........................

went to the appliance store, found one on sale:worship: AND the cost will be greatly offset by the decrease in property taxes this year (got the notice yesterday-over a $300 per year drop, something to do w/a statewide change in how they calculate school levies) so while not an anticipated expense, one that's manageable (and thankfully caught before i lost anything more than a few bags of frozen foods-everything else is smushed into the bottom which continues to freeze like a charm, or in the small side by side fridge's (i learned it's freezer is precisely the width of a frozen dijorno pizza:rotfl:)

I have a full size upright too....there have been times I have had to replace the entire contents (not due to malfunction, but instead CHILDREN). It is not cheap. Take into consideration that you do not have to replace possibly hundreds of dollars worth of food, because that is basically a huge savings there!

I have a full size upright too....there have been times I have had to replace the entire contents (not due to malfunction, but instead CHILDREN). It is not cheap. Take into consideration that you do not have to replace possibly hundreds of dollars worth of food, because that is basically a huge savings there!

i'm with you on that-it's one of the financial justifications we used for putting in a whole house generator. several years ago we had a snowstorm ('snowmagedon' as it's refereed to historically around here) that knocked out power for a week. when i had to pull out and toss all my freezer (let alone 2 fridges worth) of food and go to replace it :sad2::sad2::sad2: it reinforced to me how much we save by watching sales and buying meat to put up in air seal bags. in 2015 'wind storm' knocked it out for another week-and people were going nuts b/c it hit right before thanksgiving and all the stuff they had bought on sale and stashed in their freezers was lost.

nope-i would rather replace it and have the peace of mind that it won't being dying on us anytime soon. it was interesting to see all the bells and whistles on the newer models even though i just wanted something pretty basic. i don't get the concept of glass shelving in freezers though-i've had a few instances where something has puddled up or leaked and then frozen solid resulting in my either having to chip away at it or apply warmed water to detach it and clean up a shelf-i just envision shattered glass if something like that happened.

Wonder how Jen and Ashwin is faring at WDW. Hope she’s having a blast and will update us soon!

We are finally over our jet lag. We had a great time and visited all 4 parks in 3 days. Our flight home was cancelled but we were reaccomodated on an earlier flight and ended up getting home safely around the same time. No concrete plans to return to WDW until 2021 but we are planning a first trip to Disneyland next July.

Budget is fine. Will receive my second out of 3 paystubs this month. I will probably throw it into savings.

We went out shopping with my mom yesterday. The plan was to get some new summer clothes for the girls. We ended up getting their flower girl dresses! Macy's had their Easter dresses on 50% off. Originally they were $75 each, but with the half off, it would have been $75 total. I was okay with that because I really liked them, but we decided to walk around and see if any of the other stores had something I liked better or priced better. After 6 more stores, I knew those were it. When I went to check out, the lady asked if I needed them before March 17th. I said no and she explained they were doing a new promotion and if I paid now and picked up the week of the 17th, I'd save an extra 30%. Heck yeah! So in total, the 2 dresses were $52 after tax! I adore them and I'm glad I found 2 that matched I'm both toddler and little girl sizes (which has been a problem everywhere except for at David's Bridal).

I've been contemplating buying an ipad for awhile now. I really just want it for when we're on flights/cruises/vacations to watch movies on or play games. I dont want anything fancy, just the basic ipad model. I'm wondering if prices will go down slightly once they announce the new ipads sometime this month.

I've been contemplating buying an ipad for awhile now. I really just want it for when we're on flights/cruises/vacations to watch movies on or play games. I dont want anything fancy, just the basic ipad model. I'm wondering if prices will go down slightly once they announce the new ipads sometime this month.
We were early ipad adopters, had the first one, I have the ipad 2 (ipad air? forget what it's called) and DH got the mini when it first came out. In our experience, the prices never really change that much. That said, I love having it for watching tv, movies etc. when the actual tv is otherwise occupied (like football season) and for reading ebooks through my public library.

We were early ipad adopters, had the first one, I have the ipad 2 (ipad air? forget what it's called) and DH got the mini when it first came out. In our experience, the prices never really change that much. That said, I love having it for watching tv, movies etc. when the actual tv is otherwise occupied (like football season) and for reading ebooks through my public library.

Thanks for your input! I wonder if I should just go ahead and take the plunge sooner rather than later. Right now the 128gb ipad at best buy is $330 which is the best price i've found between best buy, costco, sams, frys, and amazon. We'd end up putting it on our best buy card, but to pay it off within 6 months is only ~60/month which is totally doable. Originally I thought I could wait longer since we didn't have any trips planned till August, but since we're now flying out to Texas in May I kinda want one before then.

We went out shopping with my mom yesterday. The plan was to get some new summer clothes for the girls. We ended up getting their flower girl dresses! Macy's had their Easter dresses on 50% off. Originally they were $75 each, but with the half off, it would have been $75 total. I was okay with that because I really liked them, but we decided to walk around and see if any of the other stores had something I liked better or priced better. After 6 more stores, I knew those were it. When I went to check out, the lady asked if I needed them before March 17th. I said no and she explained they were doing a new promotion and if I paid now and picked up the week of the 17th, I'd save an extra 30%. Heck yeah! So in total, the 2 dresses were $52 after tax! I adore them and I'm glad I found 2 that matched I'm both toddler and little girl sizes (which has been a problem everywhere except for at David's Bridal).

When I got married 10 years ago, the exact same thing happened. I was strolling through Macy’s sometime right after Easter and found perfect flower girl dresses for my nieces for $20 each. They had originally been about $60 each. I was so excited.

Thanks for your input! I wonder if I should just go ahead and take the plunge sooner rather than later. Right now the 128gb ipad at best buy is $330 which is the best price i've found between best buy, costco, sams, frys, and amazon. We'd end up putting it on our best buy card, but to pay it off within 6 months is only ~60/month which is totally doable. Originally I thought I could wait longer since we didn't have any trips planned till August, but since we're now flying out to Texas in May I kinda want one before then.
That's a good deal. I'd go for it.

Looks like my bonus will cover what we owe in taxes and pay off the credit card in March (2 months early)! Then we can start working to pay off my car. DH called the internet company and they lowered our bill by $15 and next week I am meeting with our agent to see about lowering our auto/home and life insurance policies. I work for the insurance company so if you do a review you also earn 1/2 day off. DH just got another part time job (he now has 3) starting next week. His jobs pay for the "extras" like home/car repairs, vacations, household items needed, etc.. He much prefers working 3 part time jobs doing things he loves then one job he hates. DD and I are heading to Disney in a couple of weeks and I am so ready for some sun and fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter