Dec 2011 Car Rental Rates

We arrived at MCO on Friday at 4:30PM, EA was full of sedans, but I didn't look any further because DEAR HUSBAND wanted a compact. So I paid $147 for12 days for a compact. Its actually fun driving a small Hundai for the two of us. I think the compact price would have been $10 cheaper than what we paid but as long as DH is happy I am happy too. I can roll the windows down with a crank, and lock the doors manually for a week, no problem. We are sipping aound property with no worries.

I just made a ressie with Dollar (Dec. 17 - 21)on their Lock Low and Go for $97.57. I like the bottom line but I would rather know which type of car I am getting. Still holding on to the Thrifty ressie and will make a decision on what to keep next week.

Got an e-mail from AutoSlash this morning. My ressie with Thrifty went down to $89.11 for a Standard size car! I'm pleased as can be. Started with a $151 rate months ago.

For any Canadians looking for a rental for the very end of December (our pick up date is December 31st, dropping off January 7th) we snagged a very good deal on Expedia.ca in comparison to our previous reservations. We got a midsize through Dollar for $162.18 all taxes, fees and surcharges included (and in Canadian dollars as well, so no exchange and conversion fees to worry about). We had been holding reservations with National for an economy at $282 using the AMEX code, and with Enterprise (through carrentalsavers.com) for $259 taxes in for an economy. So the Expedia rate saved us well over $100 AND we got a larger car. :thumbsup2

Just thought I'd toss that out there for any other travelling Canuks! (I did check the Expedia.com site to see if the rates were similar to the Canadian site, however the rates there are nowhere near as favourable :confused3 ).
That's an AMAZING rate. I wonder if people from outside Canada can book with Expedia CA. That same rate doesn't show up on the US Expedia.

That's an AMAZING rate. I wonder if people from outside Canada can book with Expedia CA. That same rate doesn't show up on the US Expedia.

Don't quote me, but I think only Canadians can book on Expedia.ca. I remember trying once to make a hotel reservation on Expedia.com and it wouldn't let me do so (the computer seemed to "know" I was in Canada, smartie-pants that it was). Admittedly, that was some time ago, so maybe the policy has changed since then.

Just for fun, I ran the dates on Expedia.com and was really surprised to see how completely unrelated they were. I expected somewhat of a difference, but not such a huge gap. Strange when its from the same company.

Still pricing....its an obsession, clearly, and I have no idea what I'll do with my time when I get back :goodvibes

Anyway, just saw Alamo, midsize SUV using Costco and $35 off for $148.xx from the 10th-19th. Best rate yet for this class from Alamo.

However, the same dates from National using the entertainment code and ND8578ADT for $35 off takes it down to $139.xx. Awesome rate!

Hope this helps someone....

For any Canadians looking for a rental for the very end of December (our pick up date is December 31st, dropping off January 7th) we snagged a very good deal on Expedia.ca in comparison to our previous reservations. We got a midsize through Dollar for $162.18 all taxes, fees and surcharges included (and in Canadian dollars as well, so no exchange and conversion fees to worry about). We had been holding reservations with National for an economy at $282 using the AMEX code, and with Enterprise (through carrentalsavers.com) for $259 taxes in for an economy. So the Expedia rate saved us well over $100 AND we got a larger car. :thumbsup2

Just thought I'd toss that out there for any other travelling Canuks! (I did check the Expedia.com site to see if the rates were similar to the Canadian site, however the rates there are nowhere near as favourable :confused3 ).

Expedia.ca dropped their rates again for our rental period! We cancelled the original reservation today without penalty and rebooked the same vehicle/same rental company for $36 less ($125 CDN all taxes and fees included).

I know this makes me sound greedy, but I can't help but wonder if they will come down even further? :laughing: We are thrilled with this rate, so no matter either way! :banana:

TryBudget using BCD Number X474200 (travelocity public code) and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for$30 off on min 5 day rental. Total for a full size is $263.28 incl taxes after coupon is applied when return vehicle. No drop off charge. A minivan is only $5.00 more.

Rebooked through Budget using a USAA code that they offered: $236!!

Autoslash has not found anything cheaper.

Alamo rates way down today. Dec. 14-22 Fullsize $100 all inclusive using costco code and $35 coupon.

Still pricing....its an obsession, clearly, and I have no idea what I'll do with my time when I get back :goodvibes

Anyway, just saw Alamo, midsize SUV using Costco and $35 off for $148.xx from the 10th-19th. Best rate yet for this class from Alamo.

However, the same dates from National using the entertainment code and ND8578ADT for $35 off takes it down to $139.xx. Awesome rate!

Hope this helps someone....

Would you be willing to share the Entertainment Codes for National? I'm at WDW from 12/31 - 1/9 and can't find any coupons or good codes for that timeframe. I'll but the Entertainment book if I can get a good discount but I just want to make sure it's worth the cost of the book. Thanks!

Just found my best deal on a car, Dec. 17 - 21 out of Sanford. Alamo has a $15 off week-end coupon and with that and my insider discount I'm down to a total of $68.19! Nearly $100 lower than I started out with. :cheer2: 8 Days and I'm there!

Gettin' REAL close now!!!

Had a "premium" for less than $200, and was tickled to get that, but just checked again..."Full Size" down to $150 !
That's $50 for Main Street Confectioners!!! (or Butterbeer on the Dark Side) ;)

Still only finding horrendous rates from our dates (12/20-27). At this point I don't think they're coming down. I think we're going to have to suck it up & pay the $209 rate I have with Thrifty. That's the most I've ever paid for a weekly rental out of MCO. :sad2: But, if anyone finds a great rate for that time period please post! TIA!

Still only finding horrendous rates from our dates (12/20-27). At this point I don't think they're coming down. I think we're going to have to suck it up & pay the $209 rate I have with Thrifty. That's the most I've ever paid for a weekly rental out of MCO. :sad2: But, if anyone finds a great rate for that time period please post! TIA!

Probably not coming down, it is Christmas Week.

$209 isn't bad for that time of year. BTW, Thrifty is sold out for your dates.

I know it doesn't help when you live in Massachusetts, but Expedia.ca has a midsize with Dollar for $127.53 CDN taxes included. So perhaps there's still hope?

I check Expedia.com but rates are over $400 for a similar vehicle :eek: .

Good luck! Fingers crossed the rate will drop for you!

I was able to get our 12 day rental for a full size with Alamo down to 196.xx with the latest rates. We are going from 12-15 through 12-27. I am actually surprised the rates continue to drop.

I just keep trimming...
Full Size-Alamo-(through carrentalsavers.com...Thanks Karlzmom!...)...12 days...
$139!

Y'all feel free to play along at home. ;)

I just got 12/16-12/26 for a full size at $174 with Alamo. I started out at $258 for a mid, got it down to $225 for a full, and now this. Still have a few days left to watch. Safe travels everyone!

I started at $180 for a full size from 12/14 to 12/23, then yesterday, rebooked at $140, and today, for kicks, tried again using the Visa Winter code, rebooked AGAIN at $117!!!!

Yay!!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter