Dec 2011 Car Rental Rates

Karlzmom

DIS Veteran
I don't think we have one for Dec yet, so being 90 days out it seems like time to start one!

Just rebooked my Exec Aisle for National at $30 less than what I had reserved back Feb 2011. Hoping it continues to go down as I'm still a full $200+ more than my Feb trip worked out to be.

In the spirit of cooperation and information, I used the new Entertainment book Contract ID and a "fee day" coupon from same. New rate for a rental the 10th-19th is $341. :scared1:

Here's hoping we start seeing some B-I-G price drops for all the December travelers....

Right now I have compact thru Thrifty for Dec. 14-22 for $183 total. This is my "just in case" reservation but I generally find good deals through alamo about 30 days out. Hoping that I will find a good deal again but I haven't rented in December before. Fingers crossed.

I have a compact from Dollar for Dec. 17 - 21 out of Sanford for $151.46. Sanford is always a bit higher than MCO. I booked through Autoslash.com. They are suppose to watch rates and rebook for you. They have re-booked twice already. Hoping Alamo will come through closer to our Travel dates.

I booked a car with Dollar a few months back for December 3-7 for $118 tax included. I used a code I found on mousesavers, but haven't found anything close to that lately. Last trip I was able to find a good deal on the Visa website for an Alamo rental. I'll keep checking back once our dates get closer. Happy hunting everyone!

I booked through hotwire and got Hertz for $317 for a fullsize car 12/14-12/27. Very pleased with this rate. The full price for this on the Hertz site was over $800. I had a reservation with Enterprise for $354 for a midsize, but I really wanted the extra room and Enterprise was an extra $100 for a midsize. Couldn't be happier with my first hotwire deal.

Egads! I booked a full size through National for 12/17-12/27 for $780. And that was with a code from Mousesavers! I think I need to go back and check around for better rates!

I just reserved a minivan with Dollar for Dec 13-15, one way MCO to Port Canaveral for $155 (incl taxes & fees). That's okay, but I was hoping to do better for a 36 hour rental.

Budget Dec 23-Jan 7- 15 days mini van-total with taxes and fees 700.96 using BCD code X474200 and coupon MUGZ029 (my understanding coupon savings $30 off applied when return car) Budget allows free spouse additional driver.

I am sitting on a Standard size car rental for 12/31-1/7 with Budget for $160 ($211 with taxes and fees) picking up at the Doubletree on Hotel Blvd and dropping off at MCO. I used the DIS code "Y937800" (http://www.wdwinfo.com/discounts/discounts-transportation.htm#rental) and coupon "UUGZ011" (https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/html/en/partners/partners/la_20offdblup.html) which is a double-upgrade code. I booked a Compact and will receive a Standard size car. My DH has earned a bunch of free days with National and their 1-2-Free Promo, so we will use them for the mega-expensive week before and swap cars out half way through the vacation.

Egads! I booked a full size through National for 12/17-12/27 for $780. And that was with a code from Mousesavers! I think I need to go back and check around for better rates!
Use My two Budget codes above (book an Intermediate and you'll get a Full Size car) and you'll get your car for $492 with taxes.

Depending on when your flight comes in and you don't mind burning about an hour to save some money, you can pick up at the Landstreet location and drop off at MCO for $325 with taxes. Your cab fare would be about $25-$30 but you'll save about $140 even after paying for the cab. I wouldn't book there unless you land a couple hours before the time the location closes just in case your flight is really late.

Landstreet Hours:
Sun 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Mon - Fri 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Sat 7:30 AM - 3:00 PM)

Well I am at the point of renting two mid-sized vehicles, for DH and I to drive our kids. That is a lot cheaper than renting a van at this rate. Id love for things to change, but so far prices are horrendous. We are going during Pop Warner evidently :scared1:and I am wondering if this is affecting the prices.:confused:

We just booked a mini van for 9 days for $488.85. I am not sure if this is a good rate. We always get a midsize car and with codes usually pay around $100. We just got back from Orlando and paid $78 for 8 days for a midsize. I am also debating on renting 2 separate cars for our Dec. trip.

We just booked a mini van for 9 days for $488.85. I am not sure if this is a good rate. We always get a midsize car and with codes usually pay around $100. We just got back from Orlando and paid $78 for 8 days for a midsize. I am also debating on renting 2 separate cars for our Dec. trip.

From past trips, this isnt a great price. We've paid 275.00 for a 12 pass van, and 235.00 for a minivan in the prior trips. Those were 12 day trips. This time we need a van for 13 days, and I cannot get it under 1900.00. So I am going with two mid sized. For both cars through Dollar, we are paying 350.00 TOTAL, thats for two. Thats a lot less, even for parking two cars, then it is to rent one van.:eek:

Mine were both booked using the Entertainment book discounts (10% off and $30 off). I have 2 booked with Alamo (pick up/drop off at the car care center). Just made the 2nd one a bit ago, need to decide which one to keep. Compact for Dec 10-17 for $211 or a cross-over for $260. We usually pay under $120 for a week when we go to Disney.

Booked with Alamo ~ Entertainment book double upgrade coupon:

Pickup - December 15th @ 9:00PM
Dropoff - December 27th @ 2:00PM

Total for 10 days for full size vehicle - $474.64

I haven't been able to get it cheaper anywhere else yet.

I have been checking my rental daily and was able to get a little bit lower rate today. I have a midsize with Alamo using the continental airlines code 7014139 and coupon AD2338FDF for $160 total. That includes a $7.50 charge for my southwest RR credit. This is an 8 day rental, Dec. 14-22.

Hope that helps someone!

I have been checking my rental daily and was able to get a little bit lower rate today. I have a midsize with Alamo using the continental airlines code 7014139 and coupon AD2338FDF for $160 total. That includes a $7.50 charge for my southwest RR credit. This is an 8 day rental, Dec. 14-22.

Hope that helps someone!

Rate came down a little more. Now at $141 for midsize with costco code and the $35 coupon mentioned above. Every little bit helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter