Dec 2011 Car Rental Rates

Yikes! Just checked Alamo since others having been seeing rate drops. Our dates are 12/20-27. $501.40 for a compact with dbl upgrade coupon! :scared1: Thank goodness I booked Thrifty back in June. I have a midsize reserved for $209.08. I have a bad feeling I'm not going to do any better than that, but I'd really prefer to rent with either Alamo or Hertz. I'll keep checking.

Rate came down a little more. Now at $141 for midsize with costco code and the $35 coupon mentioned above. Every little bit helps!

Are you picking up/dropping off at the airport? I can't get lower than $225 for our week using those codes (12/10-12/17).

I have been checking my rental daily and was able to get a little bit lower rate today. I have a midsize with Alamo using the continental airlines code 7014139 and coupon AD2338FDF for $160 total. That includes a $7.50 charge for my southwest RR credit. This is an 8 day rental, Dec. 14-22.

Hope that helps someone!

Rate came down a little more. Now at $141 for midsize with costco code and the $35 coupon mentioned above. Every little bit helps!
I am confused. I just plugged in the COSTCO code and your coupon above (which is a $30 coupon and not a $35 coupon) for your dates picking up and dropping off at MCO and I get a total price of $262 with taxes ($192 pre-tax) :confused3. What am I doing wrong?

Anyone getting decent rates at National? I usually end up with an Alamo midsize for about $100, but was hoping to get something a little bigger on Emerald Isle this trip.

Thanks!

I have been checking my rental daily and was able to get a little bit lower rate today. I have a midsize with Alamo using the continental airlines code 7014139 and coupon AD2338FDF for $160 total. That includes a $7.50 charge for my southwest RR credit. This is an 8 day rental, Dec. 14-22.

Hope that helps someone!

Thanks!!!! I was able to get my rental down a little bit ($22.xx).

Do you need an ID from Ohio State to use this contract ID?

Technically you do, but in reality, it's not asked for. They have the right to ask randomly. The rate is for faculty, their family, and retirees, so not everyone is really going to have something anyway. You could google other experiences with it, but ultimately it's use at your own risk, as all the codes on the FT link are. ;)

I am confused. I just plugged in the COSTCO code and your coupon above (which is a $30 coupon and not a $35 coupon) for your dates picking up and dropping off at MCO and I get a total price of $262 with taxes ($192 pre-tax) :confused3. What am I doing wrong?

Are you pricing from this link? http://66.150.8.227/?rc=7&ancillary=rentalCars&ancillaryCategory=alamo

How big is an intermediate? We have 2 kids, one in a booster and one in a full size car seat, plus luggage (3 carry on suitcases, plus a bigger suitcase perhaps, 1 BJCE stroller, and perhaps an umbrella stroller). :eek: I have the national full size rental reserved just for the hope we can get into an SUV or something with a big trunk!

Holy Moly - I must have overlooked this when I was pricing it out earlier today but I just checked my entertainment book double upgrade coupon code and I just went from $452.xxx to $258.xx for a fullsize (Alamo) from December 15th through December 27th.

Sorry, the $35 coupon is AD2359FDF. I am picking up on 12/14 at 9:30 pm and dropping off on 12/22 at 3:30 pm. My rate with the costco code (7015309) and the coupon is $141 (this includes my surcharge for rapid rewards). Without the surcharge the same rental shows up as $133.

Are you picking up/dropping off at the airport? I can't get lower than $225 for our week using those codes (12/10-12/17).

Yes I am picking up/dropping off at MCO. Not sure what the difference could be. The rate I got is for a midsize and it is considerably lower than any of the other cars (including compact) for my dates.

BTW: I'm from the KC area too!

Yes I am picking up/dropping off at MCO. Not sure what the difference could be. The rate I got is for a midsize and it is considerably lower than any of the other cars (including compact) for my dates.

BTW: I'm from the KC area too!

There are quite a few of us KC peeps on here :thumbsup2 We live just south of the city in Pleasant Hill.
I was planning on using ME then picking up our rental at the Car Care Center. I might have to price out just picking up at MCO if the rates are that much better.

Alamo.

Entertainment code 7015380 and 2 class upgrade coupon AU28525DA.
9 days, 12/6-14.
Midsize upgrade to fullsize.
$198, all taxes and fees.

Holy Moly - I must have overlooked this when I was pricing it out earlier today but I just checked my entertainment book double upgrade coupon code and I just went from $452.xxx to $258.xx for a fullsize (Alamo) from December 15th through December 27th.

Try costco's ID 7015309 with the double upgrade coupon. Costco gives you an additional driver. I see $168 for a fullsize 12/9-17.

Now I'm debating that vs. $212 at National. I like the fast check out and picking your own at National. Can anyone tell me how Alamo compares to getting in and out?

Try costco's ID 7015309 with the double upgrade coupon. Costco gives you an additional driver. I see $168 for a fullsize 12/9-17.

Now I'm debating that vs. $212 at National. I like the fast check out and picking your own at National. Can anyone tell me how Alamo compares to getting in and out?

If you use the Alamo Kiosk's (in front of their main desk) its very very very easy. I am usually in and out of the Kiosk in less than 3 minutes. You then take the printout to where the cars are and you can pick any car from the area/lane you rented (i.e. full size, mid-size, etc.).

....I like the fast check out and picking your own at National. Can anyone tell me how Alamo compares to getting in and out?
Alamo is exactly the same as National if using the 3 minute kiosk in the terminal before going across the street to the garage.

Sorry, the $35 coupon is AD2359FDF. I am picking up on 12/14 at 9:30 pm and dropping off on 12/22 at 3:30 pm. My rate with the costco code (7015309) and the coupon is $141 (this includes my surcharge for rapid rewards). Without the surcharge the same rental shows up as $133.
What a crazy bug! I usually just use the default time of 12 noon when I check rates. Picking up and dropping off at noon. That exact 8 day rental brings up a price of $222 base plus taxes. If I type in a return of 1 lousy hour earlier (picking up at noon and dropping off at 11:00, for instance) I get a base of $132! Weird.

What a crazy bug! I usually just use the default time of 12 noon when I check rates. Picking up and dropping off at noon. That exact 8 day rental brings up a price of $222 base plus taxes. If I type in a return of 1 lousy hour earlier (picking up at noon and dropping off at 11:00, for instance) I get a base of $132! Weird.

Goodness...I just decided to play around with it and here's what I booked-
Using the Costco ID 7015309 and the coupon AD239FDF.
Pick up @ MCO 12/9 at 9:30pm, Drop off @ MCO 12/18 1:30pm
$114 a week
$16.36 a day for 2 extra days
20% off with Costco ID (-$22.09)
Coupon (-$35)
Subtotal $90.18
Total with taxes/fees $145.60:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter