Dec 2011 Car Rental Rates

Goodness...I just decided to play around with it and here's what I booked-
Using the Costco ID 7015309 and the coupon AD239FDF.
Pick up @ MCO 12/9 at 9:30pm, Drop off @ MCO 12/18 1:30pm
$114 a week
$16.36 a day for 2 extra days
20% off with Costco ID (-$22.09)
Coupon (-$35)
Subtotal $90.18
Total with taxes/fees $145.60:banana:

That's a great price! Mine just went down a few more $. Now it is $135. :banana:

I just got a better deal on my rental for Dec 3-7 on Carrentalsavers.com. It's an Alamo compact for $90 (including all taxes). Better than the $118 I had at Dollar before! Carrentalsavers has some good Alamo deals for weekly rentals too.

We just booked a mini van for 9 days for $488.85. I am not sure if this is a good rate. We always get a midsize car and with codes usually pay around $100. We just got back from Orlando and paid $78 for 8 days for a midsize. I am also debating on renting 2 separate cars for our Dec. trip.

What Car Rental and codes did u use?

Just knocked the rental down a bit further. Booked an Intermediate SUV at ALAMO from Dec 10-19th for $279. After reading here that the kiosks make it no more work than using National, I have to say saving more than $60 for exactly what I want rather than gambling was a no-brainer.

I don't mind the gamble on the aisle if the price is right, then worst I get what I paid for, but franky we've always done well and are typically able to move up. This trip, I'm not loving the National rates at all, and I really hate feeling like I'm paying for my own loyalty. So, I'll now continue to monitor both, but suspect we will become Alamo converts [which is probably what Enterprise is trying to accomplish].

Dollar

booked thru EBATES to get 3.5% rebate after travel.

Full Size = $94/week; $107 with our extra day; est $166 after all tax, etc

STandard SUV would be $215.10/wk; $244 with extra day

Minivan = $496.08/wk :sick:

We're going with the Full Size. This is down considerably from our original booking of mid-size at $120.

I used code 700

code KISS2 gets about same rates

right now Southwest promo of WN28 gets you double SW points for only $8-12 more than what I listed above.

Has anybody got anything decent for over the new year recently? I need it from 12/30 - 1/5. TIA

Has anybody got anything decent for over the new year recently? I need it from 12/30 - 1/5. TIA
Nope. You can check into picking up a car at one of the neighboring non-Airport locations (I would recommend using the codes on my post #12 at Budget) and paying for a cab to the location.

We have an economy car booked with National for $185 plus tax, picking up Dec. 31st and dropping off January 7th (both at MCO). Used the AMEX code found on carrentalsavers.com. Not a great rate, but not horrible either (I have seen rates for similar cars during the same timeframe to be upwards of $600 for the week :scared1:.....what's up with that?!? :confused:). If it gets no better, we can live with this price and the small car. There's only the three of us (no car seats or other bulk to worry about), and we will be driving it minimally (no long trips across the state, basically just a better alternative to the Idrive trolley, taxis and hotel shuttles). I am hoping to get a better deal as our travel date grows closer, and upgrade to at least a compact or a midsize.

If you can't find the code, just shout and I'll dig out my confirmation and post the code here so you can run your dates on National's website.

We have an economy car booked with National for $185 plus tax, picking up Dec. 31st and dropping off January 7th (both at MCO). Used the AMEX code found on carrentalsavers.com. Not a great rate, but not horrible either (I have seen rates for similar cars during the same timeframe to be upwards of $600 for the week :scared1:.....what's up with that?!? :confused:). If it gets no better, we can live with this price and the small car. There's only the three of us (no car seats or other bulk to worry about), and we will be driving it minimally (no long trips across the state, basically just a better alternative to the Idrive trolley, taxis and hotel shuttles). I am hoping to get a better deal as our travel date grows closer, and upgrade to at least a compact or a midsize.

If you can't find the code, just shout and I'll dig out my confirmation and post the code here so you can run your dates on National's website.
http://www.carrentalsavers.com/amex_discounts.html

Oh my those prices are SO much better than what I have been finding. BUT we don't have an AMEX. So they don't work for us. :sad2:

Nope. You can check into picking up a car at one of the neighboring non-Airport locations (I would recommend using the codes on my post #12 at Budget) and paying for a cab to the location.

I just used these codes & got an intermediate through Budget for $330.77 that is almost 1/2 what I found best with Alamo. But I'll take it for now in hopes of it going down. We have never used Budget in Orlando before. Can anybody tell me how they are?

Sorry, the $35 coupon is AD2359FDF. I am picking up on 12/14 at 9:30 pm and dropping off on 12/22 at 3:30 pm. My rate with the costco code (7015309) and the coupon is $141 (this includes my surcharge for rapid rewards). Without the surcharge the same rental shows up as $133.

My rental is now down to $130 :banana:. It goes down a couple of $ every few days. Since we are over 2 months out still, I am hoping to get it down to under $100.

Using the Ohio State code and the Entertainment Free week-end day Coupon I have a compact Dec. 17 - 21 for $126.53. Started with Dollar for $171.48. I'm flying into Sanford and cars are a tad higher there.

Goodness...I just decided to play around with it and here's what I booked-
Using the Costco ID 7015309 and the coupon AD239FDF.
Pick up @ MCO 12/9 at 9:30pm, Drop off @ MCO 12/18 1:30pm
$114 a week
$16.36 a day for 2 extra days
20% off with Costco ID (-$22.09)
Coupon (-$35)
Subtotal $90.18
Total with taxes/fees $145.60:banana:

Just got this down to $139...slowly but surely :banana:

Down a bit more -
Midsize SUV at National using Ent and $30 coupon = $251.
Standard SUV w/Ent and $30 coupon = $294
Full size car [exec aisle] w/ent and $30 coupon = $302

This is finally better than Alamo, though the aisle gamble is still a bit more than an SUV...I'd rather go with National as I am one credit shy of a free day that will come in very handy on our cruise next October :thumbsup2

I got my rental down a little more to $82.15 total for a compact with Alamo for 5 days. I used codes off Visa's website - Contract ID 7015504 and Coupon Code AD2338FDF which gave me 20% off and $30 off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter