December 2013 car rental

Yep count me in for this, for the first half of December. I haven't found any amazing deals yet so I'm subbing in as well in the hopes something comes up.

We booked a minivan for 6nts Dec 26-Jan 1 within the first week of when those dates were released for booking and using the Travelocity code the rate we have with Budget is $320 taxes included. I haven't been able to come close to that with any other code, even when I try the Travelocity code it comes up double the price now

Had to rebook, as we are now traveling the 17th-29th. Have an exec aisle rental for $470. Doesn't make me happy, but its still alot less than the average, so I'll take it for now.

Hi y'all!

I have a minivan booked through National (with the KLM "Flying Blue" code) for 10 days (picking up Thanksgiving Day) at a price of $430. I was hoping to get in for around $350, but considering the prices I'm seeing now, I'll take it.

Does anyone happen to know if National allows the spouse to be on the contract for no-fee? It's under my name, but my husband will likely do most of the driving.

Now I'm looking for a small car for my Mom for a part of the week, but the prices are outrageous. She may just be stuck with us for her trip!

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

also curious if one place is better than another for one ways...I want to pick up in Fort Lauderdale and drop on property somewhere....

also curious if one place is better than another for one ways...I want to pick up in Fort Lauderdale and drop on property somewhere....
One place isn't any better than another, but Budget does NOT charge a drop off fee (or wrap it into the rate) like the other companies.

National with the KLM code (see OP) and Entertainment $30 off. 12/4-11, 7 days. Booked standard which equals a full size at MCO. $204 all in.

One place isn't any better than another, but Budget does NOT charge a drop off fee (or wrap it into the rate) like the other companies.

That is good to know. We will be wanting one way rental from Seattle to Anaheim, do you think that will apply to or is it just in Florida?

That is good to know. We will be wanting one way rental from Seattle to Anaheim, do you think that will apply to or is it just in Florida?
Sorry, I'm not sure. FL historically had no drop off fees for any company until a couple years ago. In addition, interstate one-way rentals are different that intrastate one-way rentals. You may still have to pay a hefty drop off fee no matter what company you choose.

Subscribing here as We will be in Florida from Dec. 19 - Jan 2 again this year and prices are ridiculous right now....

Last year we got a SUV for around $400 / 2 weeks right now IT's DOUBLE that on top of our airfare...Tempting to just drive...

Sorry, I'm not sure. FL historically had no drop off fees for any company until a couple years ago. In addition, interstate one-way rentals are different that intrastate one-way rentals. You may still have to pay a hefty drop off fee no matter what company you choose.

Thanks. I did have a great booking through holidayautos.com for around $300 and no one way fee from Seattle to Anaheim. Then they got bought out and cancelled all bookings after July 31st which left me back at square one. I've now got a $600+ rental with Alamo through vroomvroomvroom.com :(

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Still sitting on my $470 Exec Aisle for 12 days aver Christmas. Pretty sure there won't be any real movement until we get a good bit closer.

It is NEVER too early to book for Christmas/New Years! Never.

So this is the first year we are traveling during the holidays (Sat after Christmas).

Your response made me nervous. Is it difficult to get a car over the holidays, expensive, etc???

Thanks!

So this is the first year we are traveling during the holidays (Sat after Christmas).

Your response made me nervous. Is it difficult to get a car over the holidays, expensive, etc???

Thanks!
It is not difficult but it can be very expensive. Right now an intermediate car is running about $300-$400 for a week (including taxes) starting on your date. The problem is that (A) rates go through the roof and (B) discounts are often "blacked out" over the holidays. You could probably poke around and save a bit more off that rate and you *might* find a coupon that is valid that week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter