December 2013 car rental

I have been going to Disney just after Christmas for years and you do not want to wait for October. I usually am booked by now but fares are:surfweb: very high so far:confused3

I just booked a compact car from Dollar from Dec. 25 at 8:00am until Dec. 31 at 3:00pm for $220.86. Pick up and drop off at the Wydham DTD. It is convenient for us since we are arrived at SSR on Dec. 24. DH doesn't want to rent a car but rather depend on Disney transportation and/or cabs. I booked the car for just in case he changes his mind ;)

I booked with Alamo in a mid size for 9 days for $270. I am hoping to do much better than that, but decided to lock in something I could l could live with. I have never gone the week before Christmas before so I have no idea if the rates get as low as I can get them in August.
I used my Insiders and a United Mileage Plus coupon for $30 off (AD2492ACX) that is good until the end of the year.

I just booked a Premium from Dollar at MCO for Dec 7-14 for $256 all in. I know I'll be able to do better as the time gets closer, but that price is in my comfort zone, so I locked in & I'll keep checking!

rlduvall, you mentioned using $30 in Entertainment Book coupons. Do those coupons have an expiration date? I believe the current 2013 book's coupons expire in November. I'm wondering if that's true for the car rental coupons as well.

rlduvall, you mentioned using $30 in Entertainment Book coupons. Do those coupons have an expiration date? I believe the current 2013 book's coupons expire in November. I'm wondering if that's true for the car rental coupons as well.

Hi Danielle:

The $30. entertainment coupon I was talking about shows it expires 6/30/2014, but I got it from their website since I am a registered member, not the actual physical coupon from the hard copy book.

What is code XZ53043? I just used it for a December reservation for a minivan 12/25 - 31 for only $250. Do I need ID to use this code?

What is code XZ53043? I just used it for a December reservation for a minivan 12/25 - 31 for only $250. Do I need ID to use this code?
Google tells me the code is for the Compass Group. My guess is that the code is for employees only so you may not be eligible to use the code. Others here on the DIS have used it so you may want to PM them to see if they had any problems. Even if they didn't, National can implement ID checks at any time.

Wahoo! Just used carrentalsavers (dot) com to book an intermediate SUV at Budget on Dec 7-14 for $172.81 all in. Wasn't expecting to find that good of a deal this far out. I hope this is a sign of things to come - keep dropping, prices!!! :cool1:

Giving this thread a bump. We are coming up on 3 months out so I'll be watching pretty much daily now.
I am not even sure I actually want a car for this trip. We're only staying on Disney property (9 nights) so we don't need it. I always prefer to have one rather than use the buses but I am wondering if it will be a giant pain to drive around Disney property when it gets really crowded at the end of our trip. We won't be leaving until December 22, so the holiday crowds will be rolling in. It might just be easier to use Disney transportation this time.
I guess I'll look and see what kind of deal I can get, and make my decision later.

Pigletto, although this isn't a major score, I have a one way rental on Dec 10th from miami to Orlando for $65 all tax in with Budget. It's full size with a code for a free upgrade.

Still pretty good to lock in a price you can live with now Ted!!:)

I scored tonight. I checked Dollar and the full-size for my dates was even cheaper than the Standard cars. I found a code on Mousesavers for 10% off at Dollar (76892) and applied that and I have a reservation for 9 full days for $198.:cool1:

My bottom line was $200 and I didn't think I would have much luck with that around Christmas time. So I'm happy to have this locked in. If it goes lower..even better. But if we decide to stick with the car this is a rate I can live with.
We won a rental at Dollar on our last trip (February 2013) on a Priceline bid and it was a really good experience, so I am ok with using them again.:)

Just updating.. my car rate with Dollar for a full-size is back over $260 again this morning, even with the coupon! So I am glad I decided to do a check when I did:)

I just got a Dollar full size for $169 after taxes for 11/30-12/7! That is by far the lowest it has been! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter