December 2013: We just booked!

1 SLEEP!!! We're flying out of Baltimore tomorrow, me, my mom, my dad, and MY BRAND NEW FIANCEE!!! I proposed to her yesterday and she said "I would love to marry you!" What are we going to do next? We're going to Disney World!!! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Congratulations!!! I wish you both a lifetime of happiness!! Have a wonderful trip!!:goodvibes

1 SLEEP!!! We're flying out of Baltimore tomorrow, me, my mom, my dad, and MY BRAND NEW FIANCEE!!! I proposed to her yesterday and she said "I would love to marry you!" What are we going to do next? We're going to Disney World!!! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Congrats! We arrived yesterday and so far we have seen a few O's fans. We had great weather. We did not get a lot of time at DHS as we thought but we will go back later in the week. I love park hoppers! Today we will be at EPCOT.

CynBeth I am so excited for you!!! You started this thread so long ago and now here you are about to leave for your trip!! I hope it is everything you have wished for and you have a wonderful time:santa:.

We are one week away here. This time exactly next week we'll be in Orlando and just getting into bed at the airport hotel, ready to head to Disney in the morning. Only 7 sleeps to go!! And as always, I still have so much to do:rotfl:.

Thank you so much! Hopefully your week will go by very fast.

I just sat down to fold laundry and pack and guess what was on? The Little Mermaid!:goodvibes. I am so excited for this trip now I could burst!

We will be in Disney World THIS WEEK!!!!!!! Ahh!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I have one of my kids mostly packed...now just have to get DS, DH and myself packed! I knew I took off the day before for a reason!

We will be in Disney World THIS WEEK!!!!!!! Ahh!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I have one of my kids mostly packed...now just have to get DS, DH and myself packed! I knew I took off the day before for a reason!

I hear you. Ds (9) is the easiest for me to pack. DD16 is much harder. Though she does it herself there's always a bunch of things she forgets or can't find so it involves work for me anyway. Dh will do his own mostly. And then there is me. I do my own things and then anything extra we need to bring (ponchos, reservation printouts, meds, camera, cords, etc.). So there is still quite a bit to be done and I have no doubt I will still be working on it the night before we leave:rolleyes1.

Just got back yesterday from 9 wonderful days! Crowds were not bad at all. Obviously some rides and times were a little busier than others. Had great weather - 80's every day and 60's at night with bright sunshine. It was hard coming home to the northern winter gray skies and freezing temps!

Magic bands worked good - we had one person that kept having problems getting into the park but everything else worked great. Had some problems accessing the mobile app from the parks but if your persistent you can get through.

Fastpass+ worked great. It's the first time in three trips I have made it on TSMM! It would have been nice to book at more than one park each day ( I told them that in the survey we got).

BLT and AK Kidani village were beautiful. Lovely views of the savannah at AK and nice views of Bay Lake at BLT. Rooms were well kept and everything was in working order.

BOG was just beautiful! The meal was excellent and we can't wait to go back. Did a wishes fireworks cruise for the first time. Highly recommend it - nothing like watching the fireworks from Seven Seas with the train station all light up and monorail going by. It brought tears to our eyes.

Our only down note was my son and his wife came down with the stomach bug for the last two days. Thankfully they are all better.

I hope everyone else going this month has a great time and wonderful weather.

I hear you. Ds (9) is the easiest for me to pack. DD16 is much harder. Though she does it herself there's always a bunch of things she forgets or can't find so it involves work for me anyway. Dh will do his own mostly. And then there is me. I do my own things and then anything extra we need to bring (ponchos, reservation printouts, meds, camera, cords, etc.). So there is still quite a bit to be done and I have no doubt I will still be working on it the night before we leave:rolleyes1.

My DD is 3 so I don't expect her to pack herself :) . My son is 9 and he has some of his shirts together but that's about it. It doesn't help that the kid won't stop growing and I am hoping he will still fit into some of his summer clothes for our trip! He has grown 4" since the spring!!! :crazy2: He is just short of 5 ft tall now. No, I am not tall and neither is my husband..no idea where he is getting it from. I had to buy him some new t-shirts with Disney stuff on it and had to go with a mens small!

My DH is the "I'll pack the afternoon before we leave" type of guy :rolleyes: . I leave that entirely up to him!

I am hoping to have my stuff finished tomorrow! <crossing fingers>

I can hardly believe it's only 3 more nights to go!!!
The Orlando weather is forecasting rain for a lot of the week. We'll live with it, but I am really hoping it doesn't pour the whole night of our MVMCP.

I STILL don't have the suitcases out. I have no idea what is wrong with me. I am usually completely packed long before this. I think we've just been so busy lately that when I have time to do it in the evenings I am pooped.

3 more days....

And my kids (10 and 6) have no clue. They have zero observation skills and no curiosity as I drag the luggage past them and ask them which sandals fit them. :rotfl2:

3 more days....

And my kids (10 and 6) have no clue. They have zero observation skills and no curiosity as I drag the luggage past them and ask them which sandals fit them. :rotfl2:

LOL!!! That would never work in this house. I had to let ds know that I was Santa when he was 6 because he peppered me with questions until I couldn't take it anymore. The kid should be an investigative journalist. It's probably part of the reason why I cracked and gave up our surprise in November:rolleyes1.

I have officially started my vacation! Well, at least from work. I left at 5:30, picked up my DD from daycare, drove home and promptly put on some sweats and a t-shirt. I am not going anywhere tonight (it is about 2 degrees out right now! :eek:) so I have packing on my agenda for tonight and then going to run errands tomorrow while my kids are in school and take the dog to the dog-sitter tomorrow night. Two more sleeps!!!!

I want to get everything packed by tomorrow morning at the latest and run everything over to my parents since we have to be their house by 8 a.m. on Thursday to get to the airport on time. I figure if we have all of the luggage already in the van, it should make Thursday morning less painful.

Two more sleeps!!!!

:banana::banana::woohoo::woohoo::dance3::dance3:

LOL!!! That would never work in this house. I had to let ds know that I was Santa when he was 6 because he peppered me with questions until I couldn't take it anymore. The kid should be an investigative journalist. It's probably part of the reason why I cracked and gave up our surprise in November:rolleyes1.

We are driving to Buffalo on Thursday night and flying out on Friday. I still haven't figured out when we will tell our kids we are heading to Disney or if they'll even notice. :lmao:

We are leaving in the morning!! Our vacation is finally here! :yay::yay:

Everything is packed except for the last minute stuff. Now, just need to fall asleep....must fall asleep!!

10 more days until we'll be arriving at POP. I can't believe i'm finally at 10 days. I started a giant countdown on my DD's wall and that was at 100 days.
I haven't been to Disney since I was a kid. Can't wait to experience it all over again.pixiedust:

10 more days until we'll be arriving at POP. I can't believe i'm finally at 10 days. I started a giant countdown on my DD's wall and that was at 100 days.
I haven't been to Disney since I was a kid. Can't wait to experience it all over again.pixiedust:

Enjoy! We are on our way now! :)

We are back! We had a great trip! My daughter is 3 (almost 4)and this is her first time going to Disney and she was in awe!

We did Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique with her on the day we did the MVMCP and she got SO much attention from the characters and the Cast Members that day. They did an excellent job on her hair and makeup and made the experience totally worth it. We didn't buy one of their dresses though. I still had her Cinderella dress that she wore for Halloween that we got from the Disney Store this year. Worked perfect!

My son tried new rides this year and found he LOVES Expedition Everest and Rock N Roller Coaster but did NOT like Tower of Terror. Oh well, at least he tried it. :)

Our trip went by way too fast and I'm going back to work tomorrow :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter