December January & February Park Hours Update Watch/Discussion

I don’t arrive till mid-Dec, but even I am excited to see if there is a Nov update tomorrow. I want to know what they will do after EEMH... I feel like they will probably do the same for Nov and Dec (with maybe a bit more when ROTR opens)

I don’t arrive till mid-Dec, but even I am excited to see if there is a Nov update tomorrow. I want to know what they will do after EEMH... I feel like they will probably do the same for Nov and Dec (with maybe a bit more when ROTR opens)
I'm in the same situation and have the same feeling. Here's hoping for some clarity on the near horizon!

FYI, hours updates usually don’t happen until after noon ET. You will see the app updated first, then the website. It’s also a rolling update... you may see hours updated at one park and not another.... refresh 10 mins later and the the other park will be updated... stuff like that.

Of course, just when you figure out patterns...

Hmm I must be thinking about the crowd tracker emails from TP, then. I know that I get emails early morning from them for every trip.

I'm interested to see if our Hollywood Studios day moves from a 9am opening to regular 8am opening, and if so, do Slinky Dog Fast Passes drop for the 8-9 hour? If so, I will be racing for them.....

I remember having a similar situation re: Flight of Passage for our March 2018 trip, so I did some digging in the archives. On Friday, February 9, AK opening for our March date changed from 9am to 8am. I stalked 8-9 am Fast Passes for Flight of Passage until Tuesday, February 13 when they finally dropped. So tomorrow may be just the start of a long weekend.....

So while we wait......

I literally had a dream last night about the hours. It was about our November trip. On our first full day (which is planned as a resort day/Epcot night), HS actually opened at 6:00 am. I left my sleeping family in the hotel and walked over to HS/SWGE and experienced it all on my own - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

As I’m sure most of you have, I just checked and nothing...

I have 3 weeks to go and would so appreciate to be able to finalize my plans. Do any of you feel like you have sooooo much to do before your trip? And for me it’s things like ordering shirts for us, pre-ordering our BOG breakfast, making a room request and double checking my kids shoe situation 🤪

I remember having a similar situation re: Flight of Passage for our March 2018 trip, so I did some digging in the archives. On Friday, February 9, AK opening for our March date changed from 9am to 8am. I stalked 8-9 am Fast Passes for Flight of Passage until Tuesday, February 13 when they finally dropped. So tomorrow may be just the start of a long weekend.....

I'm at 22 days right now, and I've been stalking unsuccessfully since the 60 day mark to move our 4 pm 7DMT FP earlier. I'm hoping that our Sunday at MK will change to an 8 am open and I can at least have some hope of a FP in reward for my stalking!

If the hours change won't be announced until Noon ET - when would new FP show up? I am soooo hoping to grab a SDD for our HS day in Nov. I also am hoping for 8:00AM opening so I can fit in my 50's Prime Time ADR. The schedule is so full right now with a 9:00AM opening I don't think we can afford an hour for a site down meal.

I have 3 weeks to go and would so appreciate to be able to finalize my plans. Do any of you feel like you have sooooo much to do before your trip? And for me it’s things like ordering shirts for us, pre-ordering our BOG breakfast, making a room request and double checking my kids shoe situation 🤪

For me it's mainly uncertainty of our plans based on what they do with hours after EEMH ends. We have a few dining reservations that are dependent on the hours and 2 FPs I'm hoping to modify if they open earlier. The biggest potential change is that we could decide to add hoppers if hours change significantly at some parks (ie, HS having a 7 am EMH/8 am open on a day we weren't planning to be there). If we do that, it would mean redoing all my plans so we could keep our headliner FPs and reschedule the others.

It's these little moments of the Disney planning, that keep us planners all into the game. Just when we are done tweaking our plans and are at the waiting, boring period of nothing left to plan, we have something else to look forward to and possibly start tweaking plans again. :)
Hoping for extended hours at MK before DAH so I can snag a decent FP in between it and HEA dessert party. AND, so curious about DHS for the Friday before TDay week.
Good luck everyone, hopefully we see something later today!

We're a month out. I have 2 hotel reservations for the same dates because I can't decide which will be better. I lost track of the number of dining reservations I have-normally, I'm opposed to holding extras, but none of them are exactly what I wanted, so I'm trying to figure out what I can work with. I've only made three days of FP and I may change 2 of them. And we had to replace our sewer line a few weeks ago, so I still have to figure out how I want to pay for this trip. I'm usually good at this, but I'm just spinning in circles this time!

ETA- I did buy kids' shoes last weekend- so one thing down!

We're a month out. I have 2 hotel reservations for the same dates because I can't decide which will be better. I lost track of the number of dining reservations I have-normally, I'm opposed to holding extras, but none of them are exactly what I wanted, so I'm trying to figure out what I can work with. I've only made three days of FP and I may change 2 of them. And we had to replace our sewer line a few weeks ago, so I still have to figure out how I want to pay for this trip. I'm usually good at this, but I'm just spinning in circles this time!

ETA- I did buy kids' shoes last weekend- so one thing down!
thanks for that shoe reminder! my kids usually wear crocs in disney but both are saying they are too "babyish" for them. now what???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter