Deck 2 Wonder

CyndiLouWho

DIS Veteran
We’re booked in 2504 on the Wonder to Alaska in May 2019. I now see a few rooms open that weren’t before. Any advantage to moving back a few rooms to 2510 or 2512? Are the views any different due to curvature of the ship? Have never cruised before and have no idea if changing rooms would make an difference

I don't know about the curvature of the ship, but a few of my fellow cruisers mentioned a lot of noise in room 2502, which is right next door to 2504. They said they could hear every word coming from the Walt Disney Theater above. I would also avoid 2616, and 2618 if it comes up because people also said it was constant non stop noise there as well all day and night. I think they said it was under a galley of some sort.

We were just in 2004, the port-side mirror to 2504, for Alaska and we loved it. Due to that curvature of the ship, there's a full window seat (not just a ledge) under the window. We spent quite a bit of time there watching the scenery. Also due to the curvature, the room is a little longer than other rooms. There's an extra chair between the bedside table and the sofa. With regards to hearing noise from above, we heard nothing. the WDT is two floors up. There are lounges above the 2nd floor, but we never heard anything (this was our second cruise in that same room). Also, there's very little traffic that far forward. Were I you, I'd stick to 2504! Enjoy your cruise!

I don't know about the curvature of the ship, but a few of my fellow cruisers mentioned a lot of noise in room 2502, which is right next door to 2504. They said they could hear every word coming from the Walt Disney Theater above. I would also avoid 2616, and 2618 if it comes up because people also said it was constant non stop noise there as well all day and night. I think they said it was under a galley of some sort.
Isnt the theater on Deck 4? I’m surprised they could hear so much noise from 2 floors down. Can imagine what it must be on deck 5

Isnt the theater on Deck 4? I’m surprised they could hear so much noise from 2 floors down. Can imagine what it must be on deck 5

The entrance is on deck 4, but by the time you get to stage level, that's deck 3. (Accessible entrance to the front row is in keys/cadillac).

Our friends were in 2500 for our recent Alaska cruise and commented that they could really feel the movement of the ship. So, if you are sensitive to the ship’s movement, it may not be the best to be at the very forward end of deck 2.

Our friends were in 2500 for our recent Alaska cruise and commented that they could really feel the movement of the ship. So, if you are sensitive to the ship’s movement, it may not be the best to be at the very forward end of deck 2.

I'm surprised! I'm not particularly sensitive to ship movements in a negative way, but my DH and DD are and neither experienced issues. That said, since most of the cruise is in the fjords, there's really only significant movement on night one and day 7 when you're in more open waters heading out and into Vancouver. The rest of that cruise is like being on a lake.

We have stayed in those room many times. I have no ideA if you can hear noise during the stage show as we would not be trying to nap during that time. The second show would be over by 9:30 PM. We’re never done with dinner by then. We joke we have to row the ship but have always found them very quiet when you’re wanting it to be quiet.

We were deck 2 midship on Magic last year in room 2082. We liked it so much that we are booked in 2568 on the Wonder this year.

We have stayed in those room many times. I have no ideA if you can hear noise during the stage show as we would not be trying to nap during that time. The second show would be over by 9:30 PM. We’re never done with dinner by then. We joke we have to row the ship but have always found them very quiet when you’re wanting it to be quiet.

Is there more movement or chance of seasickniss in this room ?

We were in 2510 this past summer on Wonder. I do believe it is slightly bigger due to curvature of the ship. We had no issues, it was great!!

Not my pic but you can see they had a pack n play worth of space in that nook:

Disney Magic Room 2510 • Disney Cruise Mom Blog

However may want to make sure there is not a movie “premi-ear” screening of a new movie theater release on the sailing. Those start at midnight.

Is there more movement or chance of seasickniss in this room ?
“Low” is part of the mantra for avoiding seasickness. Midship on the same deck would add protection. A couple of cabins is not a significant difference.

If I get seasick in a cruise, it doesn’t matter where the cabin is - it is just going to happen. Those who are prone to motion sickness can pick any cabin - then Medicate/ take precautions. I finally adjusted after years of cruising, but still have it on land at times.

We had Magic 2022; it was great, but would like to try around 20/25 -10 or -12 for a little more space. But the access to stairs (for Decks 3 and 4) from our cabin was so quick and easy.

“Low” is part of the mantra for avoiding seasickness. Midship on the same deck would add protection. A couple of cabins is not a significant difference.

If I get seasick in a cruise, it doesn’t matter where the cabin is - it is just going to happen. Those who are prone to motion sickness can pick any cabin - then Medicate/ take precautions. I finally adjusted after years of cruising, but still have it on land at times.

We had Magic 2022; it was great, but would like to try around 20/25 -10 or -12 for a little more space. But the access to stairs (for Decks 3 and 4) from our cabin was so quick and easy.
thanks

no have booked room 2502 on the magic

it was the last room

We go on July 15

We booked now the 5 nights :-)

2502 was the last room
👍 I was wondering, as cabins can become available after Paid in Full -PIF - date (usually 120 days - you are now at 132). Looks like they are offering Oceanview GTY rates now that require full payment on booking - but no choice in your cabin. Those bookings may end up in a higher cabin category - but can be in what some consider a less desirable location.

Sometimes, when booking this close to a cruise, you can get a better rate or different cabin by waiting until after PIF. But it’s a gamble.

(Just making sure you have info many of us have learned after the fact.)

👍 I was wondering, as cabins can become available after Paid in Full -PIF - date (usually 120 days - you are now at 132). Looks like they are offering Oceanview GTY rates now that require full payment on booking - but no choice in your cabin. Those bookings may end up in a higher cabin category - but can be in what some consider a less desirable location.

Sometimes, when booking this close to a cruise, you can get a better rate or different cabin by waiting until after PIF. But it’s a gamble.

(Just making sure you have info many of us have learned after the fact.)
We have booked already in room 2502. So this is locked in :-)

But i hope we can change the room, maybe after or before the paid in full date ( it is April 16)
if not we are fine with cabin 2502

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter