Decorating your resort room?

I've never stayed at Old Key West before but will be in late September. Does anyone decorate windows/doors there? I love to "sassy up " the windows when I go to WDW but don't want to take stuff if no one does this at that resort.:rolleyes:

The deluxe villa resorts have restrictions on decorations that you can see from the exterior of the room.

We'll be staying off property for the first time this December and was wondering anyone decorates their rooms/doors at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek?

I love so many of these ideas! We are going on our Honeymoon in October and staying club level at WL in the honeymoon suite. I would love to put something on our door for people to sign, but I'm worried that there isn't enough traffic on that floor to get lots of signatures each day. Has anyone had any experience decorating their door on club levels?

Question, does anyone know the dimensions of pop century's windows? I'm thinking about doing an elaborate display, and want to get it right.

Question, does anyone know the dimensions of pop century's windows? I'm thinking about doing an elaborate display, and want to get it right.

In the searching that I have done, I've found that the window dimensions are 37 3/4 X 59.
I'm guessing the LM rooms at AoA are close. I'll be taking a trip in mid-September and plan to decorate our window as well. Please share a pic of your window when you get back!

Can't wait to come up with some fun decorations for our trip in November! Is it a little weird to decorate for Christmas in early November? :rotfl: Because I feel like it's going to happen. Going to be at AoA for the Wine & Dine Half with my BFF, and thinking about surprising her by decorating the window/ door. She has been to Disney plenty, is as big a nut as I am, but usually goes with her family and never gets to do anything fun for herself. So this will be our girls trip/ Christmas celebration/ half marathon run all in one fun weekend :dance3:

Anyone have any cute ideas for adding anything re/ rundisney events to your window/ door theme? All I know so far is it's going to involve Christmas and Cookie Monster (i know not disney LOL) and fun.

Thought I'd add here to bump this thread!

We're heading out in a few days...starting to plan my window décor, and I'm surprised this thread is so slow! ;)

I have my cricut and my Mickey cartridge, so hopefully I'll come up with something cute and Christmas-y.

We're going to be at Disney during the week of Thanksgiving. We're staying in a suite at AoA. I'm planning on decorating our window with stuffed Holiday Mickey & Minnie dolls and lights and maybe fake snow.

Does anyone know how big the windows are?

Any good ideas for our names or for the door? I'd like to find Mickey silhouettes with a Santa hat that I could cut out and decorate each with each of our names.

Please post pictures of your windows/doors!! :-)

We're going to be at Disney during the week of Thanksgiving. We're staying in a suite at AoA. I'm planning on decorating our window with stuffed Holiday Mickey & Minnie dolls and lights and maybe fake snow. Does anyone know how big the windows are? Any good ideas for our names or for the door? I'd like to find Mickey silhouettes with a Santa hat that I could cut out and decorate each with each of our names. Please post pictures of your windows/doors!! :-)
By fake snow you mean that spray on stuff? If so, someone has to clean that up when you leave. I personally wouldn't so something that would increase the work load for the housekeeping staff. They work hard enough as it is.

Can't wait to tell DH & DS that I'm planning on decorating our window! They'll think I'm nuts. But I don't care! Going to do it anyway! ;)

By fake snow you mean that spray on stuff? If so, someone has to clean that up when you leave. I personally wouldn't so something that would increase the work load for the housekeeping staff. They work hard enough as it is.

Not to mention that you would probably get charged for that extra cleaning.

Just went to Dollar Tree during lunch. They have Disney Mickey & friends or Princesses Christmas stockings & matching Santa hats. Also some Princess mini stockings! I got 3 of the Mickey stockings to personalize for our window! :)

Yes, Gracie, I know that housekeepers work hard enough as it is. I didn't mean the spray stuff; I meant the cotton-ish material that I use every year on my Christmas village. Even if I did spray snow on the window, I wouldn't assume the housekeeper would want to clean an extra mess.
Thanks for your tip.

HOLY MOLY. this is the best thread i've come across on this board yet.

here's the deal with us. we're going to disney to celebrate christmas and one of my daughter's birthday. so, BIG DEAL for our family.

the day we check into our resort, im going to sneak upstairs while my kids are distracted by the insane amount of stuff to check out at pop century. while they hang out with daddy i'm going to high tail 'er up those stairs like a bat out of hell and play santa in our room. i have no idea what i'm going to do yet, but here are some ideas:

- hang string across the room in long, long pieces. with tape that is very gentle and won't damage the walls, of course. paint clothespins to look like mickey mouse. hang the clothespins on the 'clothesline' holding disney pictures, colouring sheets, cards, cut outs, etc.

the link to the mickey clothespins is here...number 5 in the list:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/diys-to-get-the-whole-family-psyched-for-a-disney-vacatio

- throw christmas confetti all over their beds and the floor. now, the housekeeper would probably freak over this, lol, but i will clean it up shortly after the kids get their thrill off it. the thought of SANTA bringing christmas party confetti to the room will tickle them pink.

- attach *something* to the door to our resort room where people will (hopefully) write christmas and/or birthday messages for us.

- hang red and green steamers - like i said above, using very gentle tape so i don't damage anything.

- we have a small christmas tree, a very miniature one, that i might bring to put on our table. and get the kids to make homemade disney christmas ornaments during the days leading up to our trip.

- throw some balloons all over the place

- our local dollar store has a TON of cheapie christmas decorations so i'll check them out tomorrow.

- hopefully make this the best darn christmas/birthday my kids could ask for

So, if I print a small poster & roll it in a tube & put it in our checked luggage, will I get arrested if the TSA people think it's suspicious? Lol

Leaving tommorrow, and check into POP on Friday :) I've got lots of glitter Mickeys, lights and a cute banner to put up. I'll take some pics and post soon!

HOLY MOLY. this is the best thread i've come across on this board yet.

here's the deal with us. we're going to disney to celebrate christmas and one of my daughter's birthday. so, BIG DEAL for our family.

the day we check into our resort, im going to sneak upstairs while my kids are distracted by the insane amount of stuff to check out at pop century. while they hang out with daddy i'm going to high tail 'er up those stairs like a bat out of hell and play santa in our room. i have no idea what i'm going to do yet, but here are some ideas:

- hang string across the room in long, long pieces. with tape that is very gentle and won't damage the walls, of course. paint clothespins to look like mickey mouse. hang the clothespins on the 'clothesline' holding disney pictures, colouring sheets, cards, cut outs, etc.

the link to the mickey clothespins is here...number 5 in the list:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/diys-to-get-the-whole-family-psyched-for-a-disney-vacatio

- throw christmas confetti all over their beds and the floor. now, the housekeeper would probably freak over this, lol, but i will clean it up shortly after the kids get their thrill off it. the thought of SANTA bringing christmas party confetti to the room will tickle them pink.

- attach *something* to the door to our resort room where people will (hopefully) write christmas and/or birthday messages for us.

- hang red and green steamers - like i said above, using very gentle tape so i don't damage anything.

- we have a small christmas tree, a very miniature one, that i might bring to put on our table. and get the kids to make homemade disney christmas ornaments during the days leading up to our trip.

- throw some balloons all over the place

- our local dollar store has a TON of cheapie christmas decorations so i'll check them out tomorrow.

- hopefully make this the best darn christmas/birthday my kids could ask for

Be careful. Disney has been known to charge guest an extra cleaning fee for rooms that require extra clean up. Such as confetti spread everywhere even though you said you would clean it up without a vacuum I don't know how you will manage to clean the carpets! Unless you ask mousekeeping for a sweeper. They have also been known to tell guest to remove items that have been taped to the wall even though you stated you are using gentle tape.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter