Decorating your resort room?

On the Creative DISigns thread, there is a DISigner who has a fireplace picture with stockings that can be personalized with your family names. It has Disney font on the stockings and Christmas and characters to decorate the mantle. I printed it and hung it in our room last year. I don't remember who did it, but you can ask on that thread. I will see if I can find it. It was so charming.

There are also many DISigners that have Christmas decorated Mickey heads or other pics that you can print to decorate the room.

We have stayed at Pop Century a few times over the past few years and celebrated Christmas and Birthdays. We've never had a problem with mousekeeping or extra charges for using tape. I never even bothered to use the fancy stuff, just plain old dollar store scotch tape comes off clean every time :) Can't wait for our Disney trip this Christmas!! We paid for Disney Florist to come and bring the Santa Mickey Magic on Christmas Even while we're out at Be Our Guest...Oh, I can't waaaaait!!! :) :lovestruc

Anyone have any decoration ideas for Cars? We are staying at the AoA in a cars suite. I've done some searching but havent come across any Cars decor.

Hi Everyone! My family is going to DW in September and I was wondering if anyone decorates their window at the Polynesian? I've stayed at value hotels before but never a deluxe so I have no idea on rules against this.

My DH and I are taking my DMIL on her first trip to Disney World on May 29. :yay: She's super excited to be going and we want to make it extra special for her so we're thinking it would be fun to decorate our room door but we're stuck. :( This is our first time staying at SSR and have a few questions. 1)Are the doors metal? I've been reading about people putting magnets up. 2)Is it a good idea to put up a white board on the door? Is there enough foot traffic at SSR for this? 3) Would window decorations work at SSR? I've seen some pretty cool window decorations at the value resorts before but are windows visible enough at SSR? :confused3 I really need some help. PLEASE! :teeth:

The deluxes and DVc resorts have stricter rules about decorations that can be viewed from outside the room. For example you can't hang Things on the doors at akl because the doors are part of the decor and artwork of the building. If you are going to decorate Roos keep the decorations inside.

I just found this dis. Don't know if anyone has done this. We go to the Dollar Tree and get the Disney figures that are about 2 or 3" tall. We collect them all year. We go to Disney every year so each year we have more figures in our window. We watch the Disney Store for deals. One year we got a tabletop Mickey Christmas Tree for half price. It stores in a compact tube...really cute. We hang Disney stockings in our room at Christmas. Last time we went, we could hear kids naming all the characters in our window as they walked by. The Dollar Tree also has suction cup hooks for hanging lights around the window.

Hi Everyone! I'm a newbie to the Disboards. Im taking my parents for their first ever Disney experience to WDW this summer and we want to go all out and feel like kids. I've been looking for info and wonder if anyone can answer some questions. I apologize if they have already been answered, but I want a recent answer. We are staying at the Pop Century resort and I was wondering:
1) Is there a shelf in the window/window sill so you can put figurines in the window? Ive seen this done on some pictures but didnt know if Pop was like that.

2) What are the doors like? Is it an interior corridor and decor wont get wet if put on outside of door?

Any other info and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've also hung streamers and other birthday decorations with regular scotch tape and there were no problems with mousekeeping.

I make magnets every trip to put on our door at POP. Last summer we stayed in *** and someone stole our magnets!!!!:sad:
We are going back to POP this year! Hopefully our magnets will be left alone there!
PS You can design and create your magnets by using magnetic print or ink jet paper!:idea:

I make magnets every trip to put on our door at POP. Last summer we stayed in *** and someone stole our magnets!!!!:sad:
We are going back to POP this year! Hopefully our magnets will be left alone there!
PS You can design and create your magnets by using magnetic print or ink jet paper!:idea:

***All Star Sports

I made minnie mouse ears and printed them on card stock for my dance team when we went to nationals at disney with their names in the disney font on them so that if our team was in the hotel the younger girls could 1 find their rooms and 2 find each other too! :D A few of them kept them and laminated them and use them as a (large) luggage tag on their duffels for dance costumes

I have a Cricut and Disney cartridge. We are not going until May. I have already made Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale. They are about 8 inches tall. I glued Disney ribbon to the back of each so they can hang by a suction cup. I have to make another set for my father's room. And I am going to make a couple of flowers for F&G.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter