Delete Thread

Just watched your latest Vlog loved the opening on the monorail with all the beautiful shots of Epcot and F&G.
It's great walking around with you both feels like we're still there :goodvibes

"Let's get in line to meet Donald! It's not that long!"
"Do you want to?"
"YAS!!"

...like he should have even had to ask. Obvs.

Also, I really like your flower ears. Seems like Donald did too :)

Cant totally tell how disappointed you are on the Beverly front. LOL

Epcot looks so pretty for F&G! Wish I were back there already!

It has been way too long since I've gone to Epcot via monorail...October, though!! (is it October yet??)

I admit when I first saw the vlog opening I was like, "HOW is she getting the fast moving shot?" before it dawned on me that you were on the monorail. I swear I'm smart :scared:

I loved how much Donald was into Josh's hat!! Watching the two of you having fun together is really making me realize what I did miss by being solo. I'm really looking forward to October now with a lot more excitement than before (not that I wasn't excited, but like in a different way!) so I can drag my mom around and make her do all kinds of crazy things.

I'm excited to see pictures from your break at Yacht Club. It's so pretty there and the kids are obsessed with staying there for Stormalong Bay on the next family trip

Your excitement over the baby Groot cup is so evident! <3

Your first video clip of Wishes is from one of my favourite parts of the show. Now that it's gone I wish I'd taken more video of it last time we were there, but I definitely watch youtube videos of it occasionally. No shame. The view from the Contemporary is pretty :)

Love your latest Vlog so great to see Wishes and that fantastic view.
That woman behind you weaving in and out while smiling :rotfl:

Love your latest Vlog so great to see Wishes and that fantastic view.
That woman behind you weaving in and out while smiling :rotfl:

Thank you! Yes :rotfl: I wasn't sure what was going on it looked like she really wanted to be on camera.

We walked all the way to the Swan, and Josh asked the first employee he saw but they had no idea.
That is ridiculous, unless he was new. And I mean, new new.

There's no pictures or videos of the walk because it was a verrrry long walk. I'd say close to 2 miles. It was hot, it felt like it took forever, and I was annoyed that there was no boat or bus we could take. Some of the walk was nice, but then we started going under underpasses, and in dirtier areas and let's just say it didn't feel very "Disney" to me. Not only did the pathway almost seem like a secret, but it also seems like with the lack of anything to tell you where it is that they're discouraging people from using it.
I'd be annoyed if it was hot and a boat didn't come but yes, no buses from the Epcot resorts to HS or Epcot so it's walk or boat. We've had to wait for boats on occasion but I don't recall any really long waits? However we LOVE the walk to both Epcot and HS! HS can be long especially from BC, better from BWV and once you get down there they do have signs pointing you in the right direction. When it's not hot we think it's a nice walk and kind of pretty, I love when HS comes into sight in the distance :goodvibes It can definitely seem creepy at night but we often will walk back if we're there at park close b/c the line for the boat is crazy long, and we're never the only ones walking.

Still it was great to see it from the Cali Grill!
That's the one thing I loved about CG, the view of Wishes :love:

I know...we got the skinny STar Lord and he really did not fill out the costume at all. I guess that's why he was working out in the Boardwalk Gym when DH saw him there. LOL.
:rotfl2: Did he seriously see him working out????

Well, sounds like a disappointing start of unwelcome surprises to your WL stay. Hopefully, things improved as the stay progressed.

Before we got to the hotel, before we even checked in they charged me for the room.

This seems kind of obnoxious...charging you before they even give you a room. Ugh.

Such as them testing fire alarms all day, firework noise from tests going until 1 am

We had the same thing when we were there...loved the resort but this was the only down side.

One thing that kind of rubbed me the wrong way about this stay is that they charged me automatically the morning of our stay. Before we got to the hotel, before we even checked in they charged me for the room.

Not cool. I've heard about this happening to people before if they've done online check-in. I read a complaint from someone who'd wanted to pay their balance in cash and then had it taken off their credit card before they even got there in the morning. Sheesh. I guess it might be different if you'd gotten the text that your room was ready, but since you didn't even have anywhere to check in to that's pretty terrible.

He liked the orange side, but told me I would definitely hate it. Which I already knew :rotfl:

This is something I also already know about myself.

I was more concerned about some notices of some things going on around the hotel we were not previously forewarned about. Such as them testing fire alarms all day, firework noise from tests going until 1 am (for what I presume was HEA), and them testing the power by turning it off in the middle of the night some nights for an hour or two. I was not happy to hear this after check in, since usually Disney lets you now that kind of thing before your trip.

Yeah, surprising that they didn't give you a heads up before you got there. That's kinda lousy.

Plus cute pins!

This would also soften the blow for me! I love pin collecting, so I'd be all "ooooh new exclusive you-got-stuck-with-the-construction pins!"

Loved the vlog with Wishes! I'm not crying, YOU'RE crying!! :sad::sad: I totally choked up, I'm a giant baby.

Groot was so cute :lovestruc

So today was the day we left the Hard Rock, and checked into the Wilderness Lodge!

I want to be so excited about this, because the WL is my FAAAAVORITE, but I know how it ends so I'm sad!

hen I told Josh I wanted to take a picture in front of it, and decided to go with the most touristy pose I could think of. :rotfl:

Screen%20Shot%202017-06-09%20at%206.47.44%20PM.png

Love it! :rotfl2:

Well we tried to head to Epcot, but we had terrible luck with transportation at WL; and we ended up waiting about 20-30 mins and then having to stop at Ft Wilderness too. So we missed our first FP for TT. :sad1:

Normally our luck with transportation here is amazing, but the night of our DisMeet it was abysmal.

Topiary time!

The BEST time!

and this time mine had a flower on it! (Or Josh's did but then I stole it).

jealous!!

Next we rode Spaceship Earth. Josh looks so angry...maybe because I'm scolding that green lady he's playing checkers with? :rotfl:

This cracks me up! Raeven doesn't put up with checkers cheaters!!

I love the shower tiles with the characters on them!

One of my favorite parts of the room. I'm sorry yours was kind of icky and the bathroom floors were gross. It makes me sad to hear how rough of a time you had from start to finish there :sad1::sad1:

Plus cute pins!

One major reason I'm sad I didn't ever stay here at any point during construction!! I think this is where my mom and I will end up for one night in October since we have to fly out one day before our Poly reservation begins...but construction will be complete I think, so no pins. Boo!

You could ask them nicely :rotfl: "Can you go back to having some construction because I would like some pins? "

...and then all of the people and CMs waiting for it to complete would chase me away with fire and pitchforks

I can picture it now, LOL!!

But am I above asking if there are left over pins?? :scratchin I'm not sure...

One thing that kind of rubbed me the wrong way about this stay is that they charged me automatically the morning of our stay. Before we got to the hotel, before we even checked in they charged me for the room. I don't remember Disney hotels doing this in the past, and no other hotel I've ever stayed at charges on the first day. Still it maybe would've made sense if we had checked in or could check in, but a room wasn't even ready yet. I asked at the front desk if our room was perhaps ready despite not getting a text because we had been charged this morning, and he just kind of shrugged and said it wasn't ready and didn't really give me a reason why it charged so early.

This would make me angry. Sometimes I'll reserve a hotel using one credit card, but then when I check out I put the remaining balance on a different credit card. Not cool Disney, not cool!

He liked the orange side, but told me I would definitely hate it. Which I already knew :rotfl:

I'm not even brave enough to try the orange side! I don't even really care for the green side to be honest...

Boo to all of the WL stuff. Luckily the rest of your trip was still good :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter