Delete.

I don't carry cash anywhere, anytime. The single exception is a few bucks to tip valets and bellmen, and that's it.

I bring cash and then load it onto a gift card. When the money runs out, thats it I dont add any more.

I actively avoid carrying cash around with me on a vacation. I bring enough for tips and only keep in my wallet if it's a day where I'll need to be tipping like a travel/transfer day. The rest stays in the safe along with a back up credit card and a zero balance gift card. That way, if I lose my wallet on the go, I can just transfer the gift card balance, cancel that credit card, and still have money access the rest of my trip.

I always carry some cash, but usually pay with a Credit card or payment app.

Are Disney parks now cash free? Many other theme parks don’t accept cash, but have reverse ATMs to convert cash to a card.

I carry $100 and two cards “just in case” and have my kids each carry an emergency $20. They are also on my card which they have set up with Apple Pay. With mobile order and even the carts taking Apple Pay we haven’t had to pull out a physical card or cash inside the parks in years. I think I did use my card for a sit down meal at Carnation Cafe last trip but I can’t remember. Theoretically you could get away with only using mobile pay and not bother with a wallet at all. That said I personally wouldn’t because you just never know.

Always carry some cash regardless of whether at home or on vacation. Cash is more convenient for small purchases. Had seen occasions where the credit card readers are down and only cash purchases can be made.

I have a twenty stuffed into my phone case just in case I am somewhere that is cash only. It has been there for a couple years untouched. If I am traveling or know I will need to tip someone I will bring some small bills.

Otherwise everything goes on a credit card.

We purchase Disney gift cards at BJs, usually a 5% discount with also a 2% Visa card reward. It’s much easier then to quickly swipe in the Land/World while saving a few $$

I always carry cash but try to pay with everything with a CC. Cash is a back up if a computer is down, CC gets lost or stolen, etc. I want to be able to get through my day with a minimum of disruption if that happens. I don’t want to have to trek back to the hotel to get a new card and lose my time in the park.

Used to always budget $25/day cash because the mobile carts didn’t accept cards. Now that everything can be paid with card I will probably carry $25 in cash just because but pay for everything with my cards.

I never carry any cash with me in the parks. I carry one credit card, my driver’s license, and health insurance card in case of emergency.

Cash is more convenient for small purchases.
See, I find the exact opposite to be true. If I go to an ATM and get a $20 out (or however many), then use it for a small purchase, now instead of one $20 bill I might have a $5 and four $1's replacing it, and a pocket full of change.

There was time when I wouldn't start a vacation without $200-$300 walking around money in my pocket, but as time progressed, I went from $20's to $100's to take up less space, and eventually I ended up not using any of it because cards are easier to carry and use. Now it's just tip money.

I use a card for almost every purchase. Homeland Security can track my whereabouts as I use my card throughout a trip from home. ;) :lmao:

That said, I always carry about $100 on me. You never know when there will be a digital/electronic outage and our cards can't be used.

The AT&T outage two days ago should have taught people not to rely on those services to always be working. It happened to one of the biggest phone services. If stores or Ubers or cabs used AT&T as their service for purchases during that time, and it ALSO affected their other services, like WiFi or landlines, then people can't make purchases or get transportation with a card. Those with "emergency cash" precisely for these types of events will be King. They will be able to pay cash for food and pay for an Uber to go back home or the hotel, while others are stranded without the ability to pay for anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter